• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason Myers should have and DID beat out Seabass last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Myers -- 3/3 FGs (58 yards, 44 yards and 24 yards) and 3/3 PATs in the Mock game. That 58 Yarder is a nice show of leg strength. Yes he had his ups and downs in his career but last season was a probowl kicker.

When watching last years preseason i never understood HOW Seabass got the nod of Myers. Do i think Myers is a great kicker? no but he is good and was and still is way better than Janikowski last season.

Ok yes he has had struggles in past seasons like his 73.3 FG% in 2017 but hell he only had 15 attempts and made 11 of those, He might have knocked out 5 in a row after that if he had got the chance. 15 attempts is pretty low but still that's not pretty seeing 4 misses in those 15 attempts. Then you got 2016 when he was about the same as Seabass's Career average with 79.5 FG%. His Career average is 84.3 which is average at best but he has had 2 seasons of at or above 86.7% and one of those was above 90% ( last year 91.7% ) out of his 4 total seasons.

Seeing as we got just one week till the first preseason game what are your thoughts on Myers? Shaky at best? solid started or one hit wonder?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you are still bitter about Seabass?

Myers had his best season last year with the Jets. With the Jags he was pretty mediocre. Hopefully he'll kick as well this year as he did last year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope his momentum carries into this season.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like trying to save a couple bucks on our kicking game has ended up ending our season too early the last couple of years. Hopefully we can turn the corner this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you are still bitter about Seabass?
It's just his constant tact of jumping up and down, shouting about, and pointing to anything that he thinks he got right.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just his constant tact of jumping up and down, shouting about, and pointing to anything that he thinks he got right.

There is no proof that he would've been as good if he had played in Seattle last season...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Myers -- 3/3 FGs (58 yards, 44 yards and 24 yards) and 3/3 PATs in the Mock game. That 58 Yarder is a nice show of leg strength. Yes he had his ups and downs in his career but last season was a probowl kicker.

When watching last years preseason i never understood HOW Seabass got the nod of Myers. Do i think Myers is a great kicker? no but he is good and was and still is way better than Janikowski last season.

Ok yes he has had struggles in past seasons like his 73.3 FG% in 2017 but hell he only had 15 attempts and made 11 of those, He might have knocked out 5 in a row after that if he had got the chance. 15 attempts is pretty low but still that's not pretty seeing 4 misses in those 15 attempts. Then you got 2016 when he was about the same as Seabass's Career average with 79.5 FG%. His Career average is 84.3 which is average at best but he has had 2 seasons of at or above 86.7% and one of those was above 90% ( last year 91.7% ) out of his 4 total seasons.

Seeing as we got just one week till the first preseason game what are your thoughts on Myers? Shaky at best? solid started or one hit wonder?

I suppose hindsight is always 20/20. He had an incredible year with the Jets last year and I don't think that anyone could've seen that coming given his performance with the Jags. Even if you had the highest of expectations of him, if you saw him making 6/7 50+ yard field goals in 2018 that would be some pretty impressive evaluation.

In the end they probably went with Seabass due to his experience and the fact that I believe he had a decent amount of guaranteed money attached with his contract. They went with the safe option, and it backfired but at least it looks like the Seahawks could very well have some stability at kicker for the first time in years. That's all I care about.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton...and..lynch..nice..
Two..really good..players in seattle sports history..recent

But he did look better than smith
Maybe..send smith..to denver...lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we will see in the next few games
Lynch..looked like a gamer..
I have ..a value..on that

As long as..he makes good
Decisions..in the offence

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose hindsight is always 20/20. He had an incredible year with the Jets last year and I don't think that anyone could've seen that coming given his performance with the Jags. Even if you had the highest of expectations of him, if you saw him making 6/7 50+ yard field goals in 2018 that would be some pretty impressive evaluation.

In the end they probably went with Seabass due to his experience and the fact that I believe he had a decent amount of guaranteed money attached with his contract. They went with the safe option, and it backfired but at least it looks like the Seahawks could very well have some stability at kicker for the first time in years. That's all I care about.

Hindsight is 20/20 unless you said that before it was hindsight am i right?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20 unless you said that before it was hindsight am i right?

While I see a lot of complaining about Janikowski being made our kicker, I can’t find where you talk about Myers being the better choice for the position. Actually, I didn’t see anyone even mention that Myers was cut last year. I could be missing it, since I’m reduced to researching on my phone, so link?

As for training camp last year, I didn’t like either of our kickers, but if I had to choose, I would’ve gone with Myers, only because he was younger and I’ve never been a huge fan of Janikowski. That doesn’t mean I had much hope for Myers either.

Myers brought his FG% up to 84% by having a career year in FL, but he still is the worst kicker at PATs in NFL history (over 100 attempts). I’m glad he’s here now, as I hope he’ll continue to improve on last year, but until he shows otherwise, I’m just not sold that Myers is going to be closer to Hauschka from 2013 than he’ll be to what we’ve had recently.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I see a lot of complaining about Janikowski being made our kicker, I can’t find where you talk about Myers being the better choice for the position. Actually, I didn’t see anyone even mention that Myers was cut last year. I could be missing it, since I’m reduced to researching on my phone, so link?

As for training camp last year, I didn’t like either of our kickers, but if I had to choose, I would’ve gone with Myers, only because he was younger and I’ve never been a huge fan of Janikowski. That doesn’t mean I had much hope for Myers either.

Myers brought his FG% up to 84% by having a career year in FL, but he still is the worst kicker at PATs in NFL history (over 100 attempts). I’m glad he’s here now, as I hope he’ll continue to improve on last year, but until he shows otherwise, I’m just not sold that Myers is going to be closer to Hauschka from 2013 than he’ll be to what we’ve had recently.

I was unaware he was so bad at PATs. That's interesting considering that he was so exceptional from 50+ yards last year.

Crossing my fingers that his performance last year wasn't an aberration. Without looking back, if the Seahawks had better kicking since Hauschka left, the team would've won around 3 more games or so the past two years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unaware he was so bad at PATs. That's interesting considering that he was so exceptional from 50+ yards last year.

Crossing my fingers that his performance last year wasn't an aberration. Without looking back, if the Seahawks had better kicking since Hauschka left, the team would've won around 3 more games or so the past two years.

It was a wash last season.. Both were equally bad/good/ugly... Last year it was basically, "flip a coin"... Went with the veteran... Hard to argue with that decision at the time...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn’t help that he missed 7 PATs as a rookie, but last year was his career high in PAT% at a dismal 90.9%. The only time he has kissed less than 3 was 2017 (2) when he was cut after only 6 games. If he can figure out how to not miss PATs and keep up his FG from last year then we’ll have a solid kicker.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin, could you post the link stating your nod to keep Myers and ditch SJ?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that 58 yarder !! That was money.... But of course he missed the extra point also, but the 58 yarder made up for it...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that 58 yarder !! That was money.... But of course he missed the extra point also, but the 58 yarder made up for it...

Yes... Glad he hit that 58 yarder... He missed the 53 yarder but we lucked out by getting a penalty which enabled him to get another attempt...