• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason La Canfora's 2019 (way-too-early) NFL playoff predictions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ogbah was starting to turn into an impressive player. He is the one guy that really stood out to me when you played the Bengals. I was like damn it, young starting to get a head of steam. Pairing him and Myles for years is going to wreck havoc. Then you got rid of him and I am like hell yes. You brought in Vernon and while he is a decent player, I don't think his current ability is greater than Ogbah improving and having a higher ceiling. Traded a cheap player for an expensive player who has little to no improvement, while giving up a damn fine RG. That trade combination of transactions was stupid as all get out.

We all thought that in 2017-2018. Last year he regressed big time. He could improve in the future on the Chiefs but he was pretty bad on the Browns.

No the trade wasn't stupid.

The Browns traded the highest paid guard in the NFL, don't get me wrong he was one of the best guards, still wasn't worth that contract. So they gave up Zeitler and a pretty good young safety (that wasn't good in pass coverage) FOR a top 5 WR in the NFL and they got a huge upgrade on pass rushing with Vernon. I would say that is a win for CLE especially since they have a pretty good depth on their OL this year as well. They have a 2nd year player in Corbett that is promising, they also have Kush and Witzmann who could come in and start if needed. At tackle they have Harrison who could come in if Robinson struggles. They will be just fine on OL. Defensive line was one of their biggest weaknesses, Vernon is a big upgrade.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah is probably the Chiefs 6th or 7th best dlineman going into next season. I could see him improving but he is probably just there in case both Speaks and Kpassagnon fail to develop.

Imo, the Chiefs just made the trade because they knew that they were going to draft a Safety in a deep class.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is more likely to finish last in the South than they are to make the playoffs
They're the best team and have the best coach. If Newton and Kuechly aren't hurt all year the rest of the division will struggle to beat them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually leaning toward not having the Rams in the playoffs. They're a damn good team, but funny shit happens. Is Todd Gurley going to be a go? Plus, there's that whole potential Super Bowl "hangover".

I'm also not falling in love with the Browns. I'm happy to see that they are getting some love, but I agree with Colin Cowherd. Expectations. How will Cleveland handle that? We'll see.
Yeah the Rams are moments away from a mess if things go south with all those mercenaries.

They can't stop the run and Gurley is a massive question mark.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking a,

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...this guy hasn't missed any opportunity to complain when his rams aren't mentioned as a top team
Goff sure missed his opportunity though.:pound:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually leaning toward not having the Rams in the playoffs. They're a damn good team, but funny shit happens. Is Todd Gurley going to be a go? Plus, there's that whole potential Super Bowl "hangover".

I'm also not falling in love with the Browns. I'm happy to see that they are getting some love, but I agree with Colin Cowherd. Expectations. How will Cleveland handle that? We'll see.

You might be onto something with that line of thought.:nod:

I think there is a lot to this.

They didn't just lose the SB; they were dominated and throttled in front of the whole world.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why exactly are we tanking?

You do realize we were 4-1 last year with 1 minute away from beating Pittsburgh to go 5-1. Of course Pittsburgh does what they do to us, we left Ben a full minute to beat us and our shitty defense last year. 60 seconds from 5-1 before our players started dropping like flies.

The defense was historically bad, but I think it was more the scheme and the coaching more than the players.

We still have Dunlap, Atkins on that line with Carl Lawson coming back from a season long injury, a year seperated from a rookie season that saw him rack up 8+ sacks in limited playing time. Preston Brown was a really good MLB in Buffalo a year before, last year was hurt pretty much all season. We have a quality secondary in Jackson who could be a top 5 corner in the league this year. Still have Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Webb. Shaun Jackson at safety, and our best looking young safety I can remember since forever in Bates.

New coaching staff, there could be some struggles.

However, it is an offensive minded coach and coaching staff. More coaches on this team than any time in history. Offensive line got a boost with Williams and Jordan, plus we signed Miller from Buffalo that helped block for those good Bills rushing teams.

AJ Green is still AJ Green when healthy. Boyd had a 1000 yards last year with 2.5 games missed and Jeff Driskel throwing to him for like 7 games. Mixon led the AFC in rushing and is a good all around back. Maybe the new coaching staff can get something out of Ross and his speed.

I understand we didn't have a good record last year, but 1 minute from 5-1 then all the injuries set in exposing our lack of depth.

With where everyone else in the division is as well, I would not completely count out the Bengals in competing for the division title. History is not on our side, but this is a new coaching staff with a new way of doing things. This is not the same old Marvin Lewis conservative staff.
I like the Dline. It should keep you in games and let you use Mixon. The other teams in that division really aren't that good.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Rams are moments away from a mess if things go south with all those mercenaries.

They can't stop the run and Gurley is a massive question mark.

Couldn't stop the run, apparently you didn't watch the postseason. You know when it matters. Zeke, Kamara, and Ingram were all shut down. But you like regular season stats, that is why you love Wentz. He puts up nice stats in losing efforts in big games.

If Rams fans aren't worried, Eagles fans should be.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot to this.

They didn't just lose the SB; they were dominated and throttled in front of the whole world.
Yup, even if the players can handle it, the coach got embarrassed in front of the whole world. And he's never dealt with a Super Bowl hangover before.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, even if the players can handle it, the coach got embarrassed in front of the whole world. And he's never dealt with a Super Bowl hangover before.

You're special, nobody in the history of the NFL has a better resume at this point of their career than McVay. You would be stupid to not trust him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't stop the run, apparently you didn't watch the postseason. You know when it matters. Zeke, Kamara, and Ingram were all shut down. But you like regular season stats, that is why you love Wentz. He puts up nice stats in losing efforts in big games.

If Rams fans aren't worried, Eagles fans should be.
Your coach can't beat our coach.

And now you are making up things that you think sounds good.

I guess a Super Bowl loss can damage weak minds.

You are in for a world of hurt this season. It's going to be hilarious.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Dline. It should keep you in games and let you use Mixon. The other teams in that division really aren't that good.
i don't know about that. cleveland has the potential to be really nice. could have made the playoffs last year if the refs weren't fucking them over early on in the year

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're special, nobody in the history of the NFL has a better resume at this point of their career than McVay. You would be stupid to not trust him.
You've never heard of Doug Pederson?

He's undefeated against your coach by the way. Even did it with the backup QB.:rofl:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your coach can't beat our coach.

And now you are making up things that you think sounds good.

I guess a Super Bowl loss can damage weak minds.

You are in for a world of hurt this season. It's going to be hilarious.

There you go again, your big on the regular season, when it is not as important. Go celebrate your regular season accomplishments.

How are we going to be in a world of hurt this year, other than your assumptions.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know about that. cleveland has the potential to be really nice. could have made the playoffs last year if the refs weren't fucking them over early on in the year
The fact that you only mentioned the Cleveland Browns...

... Exactly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again, your big on the regular season, when it is not as important. Go celebrate your regular season accomplishments.

How are we going to be in a world of hurt this year, other than your assumptions.
Are you talking to yourself in the mirror?

Takes more than 3 points to win one of these

:first: