• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason La Canfora's 2019 (way-too-early) NFL playoff predictions.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you go attacking a guy who posted nothing, even on SF, but a joke....

tenor.gif

Do you think the internet started this morning?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....wasn't it you that created a Joe Montana thread because of some link to a school scam? A story that went nowhere? Or that a 49ers kicker wants out? OOoohhh such a big deal!

If I kept track of your obsession, and got $5 for every nonsensical thing you've posted about SF, I coulda bought any team in the league.

Wow, one thread about Joe Montana and his alleged connection to a scandal, that definitely equals an obsession. There just topics of discussion because they are in the news. I post about a lot of things right now more so the Chiefs. Because of their roster moves of acquiring women abusers. You're just spouting nonsense like normal, maybe if you were really paying attention you would have noticed I said in another thread the 49ers I predict will come in second in the division. So I can't ever say anything about the 49ers because Im apparently obsessed. Move on now.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, one thread about Joe Montana and his alleged connection to a scandal, that definitely equals an obsession. There just topics of discussion because they are in the news. I post about a lot of things right now more so the Chiefs. Because of their roster moves of acquiring women abusers. You're just spouting nonsense like normal, maybe if you were really paying attention you would have noticed I said in another thread the 49ers I predict will come in second in the division. So I can't ever say anything about the 49ers because Im apparently obsessed. Move on now.

Maybe I should start a poll asking which poster is butt hurt in this thread?:noidea:
Don’t think it would be you.:nod:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to win the division...if Browns fail to live up to the hype..who then? I think the Ravens got a chance..certainly not the Bungles who are tanking. Steelers maybe but IDK...

Why exactly are we tanking?

You do realize we were 4-1 last year with 1 minute away from beating Pittsburgh to go 5-1. Of course Pittsburgh does what they do to us, we left Ben a full minute to beat us and our shitty defense last year. 60 seconds from 5-1 before our players started dropping like flies.

The defense was historically bad, but I think it was more the scheme and the coaching more than the players.

We still have Dunlap, Atkins on that line with Carl Lawson coming back from a season long injury, a year seperated from a rookie season that saw him rack up 8+ sacks in limited playing time. Preston Brown was a really good MLB in Buffalo a year before, last year was hurt pretty much all season. We have a quality secondary in Jackson who could be a top 5 corner in the league this year. Still have Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Webb. Shaun Jackson at safety, and our best looking young safety I can remember since forever in Bates.

New coaching staff, there could be some struggles.

However, it is an offensive minded coach and coaching staff. More coaches on this team than any time in history. Offensive line got a boost with Williams and Jordan, plus we signed Miller from Buffalo that helped block for those good Bills rushing teams.

AJ Green is still AJ Green when healthy. Boyd had a 1000 yards last year with 2.5 games missed and Jeff Driskel throwing to him for like 7 games. Mixon led the AFC in rushing and is a good all around back. Maybe the new coaching staff can get something out of Ross and his speed.

I understand we didn't have a good record last year, but 1 minute from 5-1 then all the injuries set in exposing our lack of depth.

With where everyone else in the division is as well, I would not completely count out the Bengals in competing for the division title. History is not on our side, but this is a new coaching staff with a new way of doing things. This is not the same old Marvin Lewis conservative staff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With where everyone else in the division is as well, I would not completely count out the Bengals in competing for the division title. History is not on our side, but this is a new coaching staff with a new way of doing things. This is not the same old Marvin Lewis conservative staff.
I'm not sure I understand this part. The Browns are head and shoulders above the Bengals right now, the Steelers are poised to have a fantastic bounceback year, and the Ravens are still a playoff contender.

The Bengals have talent on both sides of the ball, but it's a matter of putting it together. AJ Green is about to be 31, so bouncing back from injury isn't going to be as easy anymore. Mixon is good, no question, but there's not much behind him. Gio Bernard is basically Duke Johnson, and I'd be none too thrilled if we had to rely on him to be our RB1. You still have no real threat at TE, and your OL is horrible unless Williams and Jordan step up and are studs right away.

I don't think Cincy is going to be the worst team in the conference or anything, but I'm not sure it's going to be a great year. The coaching staff is probably the biggest question mark, and it's not like you brought in any experienced guys at the coordinator spots to help Taylor along.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually leaning toward not having the Rams in the playoffs. They're a damn good team, but funny shit happens. Is Todd Gurley going to be a go? Plus, there's that whole potential Super Bowl "hangover".

I'm also not falling in love with the Browns. I'm happy to see that they are getting some love, but I agree with Colin Cowherd. Expectations. How will Cleveland handle that? We'll see.
I could see wanting to see it on the field for the Browns first, but wouldn't read into Cowherd. Contrarian viewpoint gets the ratings/clicks.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I understand this part. The Browns are head and shoulders above the Bengals right now, the Steelers are poised to have a fantastic bounceback year, and the Ravens are still a playoff contender.

The Bengals have talent on both sides of the ball, but it's a matter of putting it together. AJ Green is about to be 31, so bouncing back from injury isn't going to be as easy anymore. Mixon is good, no question, but there's not much behind him. Gio Bernard is basically Duke Johnson, and I'd be none too thrilled if we had to rely on him to be our RB1. You still have no real threat at TE, and your OL is horrible unless Williams and Jordan step up and are studs right away.

I don't think Cincy is going to be the worst team in the conference or anything, but I'm not sure it's going to be a great year. The coaching staff is probably the biggest question mark, and it's not like you brought in any experienced guys at the coordinator spots to help Taylor along.

The Browns won 8 games last year and added only one other player that could make a difference from you already had, Beckham. We will see how long Kitchens can contain all the personality on offense between Mayfield, Beckham and Landry. Hunt will not even help your team until week 10 at the earliest I would imagine.

I fully admit, Cleveland is in a position to really take off, but you have not even made the playoffs yet and you act like your shit doesn't stink.

So what kind of record does Cleveland post if the following occurs?

Beckham is hurt for the entire season in week 4? (Eifert)
Mayfield goes down for the season in week 10? (Dalton)
Landry goes down in week 9? (Green)
Kirksey misses half the season and has lingering injuries all season? (Brown)
Vernon tears an ACL in training camp and misses the season? (Lawson)
Schobert winds up with 2 concussions and misses over half the season and plays like crap when he is on the field due to lingering issues from the concussions? (Burfict)

Cincinnati was projected to be a .500 team last year, had all this occur to them including one of the worst defenses in NFL history due to scheme, and still won 6 games and was on pace to be 5-1 prior to the comeback by Pittsburgh and all the injuries.

Does Cleveland win 6 games this year if all this occurs to them at these time periods?

Cincinnati's offensive line is not that bad.

LT Cordy Glenn (could be Jonah Williams)
LG Clint Boling (underrated guard)
C Billy Price (missed a lot of time last year with nagging injuries, plus second year)
RG John Miller
RT Jonah Williams (could be Cordy Glenn or Bobby Hart)

That craptastic offensive line you call them also boasts as the blockers for the AFC Rushing Champion in Joe Mixon when everyone knew we had to run the ball because all our receiving threats were dropping like flies.

You are completely under-estimating how good Cincinnati could still be, and over inflating your team based on paper this year. You still have to play the games, and as of right now, Cleveland hasn't had to endure some serious adversity like Cincinnati did last year with this young team. If guys stay healthy, any team in the NFL could be competitive. It is all about health and depth if guys do start dropping. Obviously the Bengals do not have a deep bench to weather the kind of injuries we did last year.

Also, your window is now, because if Dorsey does what he did in KC, you will be in cap hell in the next few years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns won 8 games last year and added only one other player that could make a difference from you already had, Beckham. We will see how long Kitchens can contain all the personality on offense between Mayfield, Beckham and Landry. Hunt will not even help your team until week 10 at the earliest I would imagine.

I fully admit, Cleveland is in a position to really take off, but you have not even made the playoffs yet and you act like your shit doesn't stink.

So what kind of record does Cleveland post if the following occurs?

Vernon tears an ACL in training camp and misses the season? (Lawson)
Schobert winds up with 2 concussions and misses over half the season and plays like crap when he is on the field due to lingering issues from the concussions? (Burfict)

Cincinnati was projected to be a .500 team last year, had all this occur to them including one of the worst defenses in NFL history due to scheme, and still won 6 games and was on pace to be 5-1 prior to the comeback by Pittsburgh and all the injuries.

Does Cleveland win 6 games this year if all this occurs to them at these time periods?

Cincinnati's offensive line is not that bad.

LT Cordy Glenn (could be Jonah Williams)
LG Clint Boling (underrated guard)
C Billy Price (missed a lot of time last year with nagging injuries, plus second year)
RG John Miller
RT Jonah Williams (could be Cordy Glenn or Bobby Hart)

That craptastic offensive line you call them also boasts as the blockers for the AFC Rushing Champion in Joe Mixon when everyone knew we had to run the ball because all our receiving threats were dropping like flies.

You are completely under-estimating how good Cincinnati could still be, and over inflating your team based on paper this year. You still have to play the games, and as of right now, Cleveland hasn't had to endure some serious adversity like Cincinnati did last year with this young team. If guys stay healthy, any team in the NFL could be competitive. It is all about health and depth if guys do start dropping. Obviously the Bengals do not have a deep bench to weather the kind of injuries we did last year.

Also, your window is now, because if Dorsey does what he did in KC, you will be in cap hell in the next few years.
Added only 1 player? Olivier Vernon and Sheldon Richardson are nobodies? Also, you're ignorant if you think Odell, Baker, and Jarvis' "personality" is a problem. For starters, Jarvis has never been any kind of problem in this area. Secondly, his best friend is ODB, so I'm not sure why they'd suddenly start having issues. Third, Baker has been friends with the both of them for some time. It's not like ODB trying to get along with an aging, noodle-armed Eli. Baker is his dude.

Secondly, we all know Cincy had major injuries last year. It's been discussed plenty. However, even if fully healthy, I'm taking Cleveland over Cincy right now and it's not really that close. If we were killed with injuries, yeah it'd suck, but you can't really project a massive rash of injuries so it's a moot point right now. No, I'm not acting like my shit doesn't stink. I'm acting like the Browns are currently well above the Bengals, which is true. The first time you faced us in Cincy, the only guy you were missing to start the game was AJ Green, and while I'm aware that was the game Dalton was hurt in, we were already up 28-0 before it even happened. AJ Green doesn't make up for 28 points.

I've got both teams estimated about right. Again, I know Cincy has talent, but your coaching staff is laughably inexperienced. That's going to make a big difference right there. There really isn't a spot on the field where Cincy is better at than Cleveland, so it's just not that difficult to think it'd take some pretty wild stuff for Cincy to overtake Cleveland and win the division.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy oh boy that Brownie love fest wagon is starting to get really full........
Hope they can live up to the "hype"!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy oh boy that Brownie love fest wagon is starting to get really full........
Hope they can live up to the "hype"!
Because Browns fans think we're better than the Bengals? Dial it back a bit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I really care about Cincy much, they do have talent but their defense isn't very good at all and they didn't improve it much in the offseason other than with rookies. If their offense can stay healthy they can have a really good offense.

AJ isn't getting any younger. His best days are behind him.

Eifert has never been healthy in his career. He's started 32 games in 6 seasons.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added only 1 player? Olivier Vernon and Sheldon Richardson are nobodies? Also, you're ignorant if you think Odell, Baker, and Jarvis' "personality" is a problem. For starters, Jarvis has never been any kind of problem in this area. Secondly, his best friend is ODB, so I'm not sure why they'd suddenly start having issues. Third, Baker has been friends with the both of them for some time. It's not like ODB trying to get along with an aging, noodle-armed Eli. Baker is his dude.

Secondly, we all know Cincy had major injuries last year. It's been discussed plenty. However, even if fully healthy, I'm taking Cleveland over Cincy right now and it's not really that close. If we were killed with injuries, yeah it'd suck, but you can't really project a massive rash of injuries so it's a moot point right now. No, I'm not acting like my shit doesn't stink. I'm acting like the Browns are currently well above the Bengals, which is true. The first time you faced us in Cincy, the only guy you were missing to start the game was AJ Green, and while I'm aware that was the game Dalton was hurt in, we were already up 28-0 before it even happened. AJ Green doesn't make up for 28 points.

I've got both teams estimated about right. Again, I know Cincy has talent, but your coaching staff is laughably inexperienced. That's going to make a big difference right there. There really isn't a spot on the field where Cincy is better at than Cleveland, so it's just not that difficult to think it'd take some pretty wild stuff for Cincy to overtake Cleveland and win the division.

Coaching staff laughably inexperienced? What about your damn coaching staff?

What was the highest position Kitchens had served prior to being elevated to Offensive Coordinator last year due to firings? Now he is going to be the offensive coordinator and head coach at the same time? Sounds very similar to Taylor. Hardly any difference at all.

Defensive coordinators? Yours has NFL D Coordinating longer but hardly a career to brag about. We brought in some hot shot D Coordinator last year that everyone said was the next great coaching candidate and would turn our defense into a takeaway machine. How did that work out for us?

You sit here and bark supremacy over experience at the coaching position, and you are as freaking raw as us. So hello pot. Hello kettle.

Yes, Cleveland took us to the woodshed last year, there is no denying that. It had to happen at some point with as much as everyone in the division had owned Cleveland's shit for years.

If you think Beckham's personality doesn't pose a potential issue, you are only fooling yourself. If everything is going well, yeah, he is probably an outstanding teammate. Things start to go off the rails then so does his attitude. Mayfield is just as outspoken as Beckham. He is also starting to feel like the second coming of the Messiah since he was able to help Cleveland win 8 games, something no one ever thought would happen again this century, outside Cleveland.

Like I said, you have to play the games, it is not played on paper. As it sits, you have an impressive group of players on paper.

I don't think Vernon was an upgrade over Ogbah. Richardson, yes, an upgrade, but I would not call him a serious threat. I think he is an above average DT at this point in his career.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Vernon was an upgrade over Ogbah. Richardson, yes, an upgrade, but I would not call him a serious threat. I think he is an above average DT at this point in his career.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Ogbah was starting to turn into an impressive player. He is the one guy that really stood out to me when you played the Bengals. I was like damn it, young starting to get a head of steam. Pairing him and Myles for years is going to wreck havoc. Then you got rid of him and I am like hell yes. You brought in Vernon and while he is a decent player, I don't think his current ability is greater than Ogbah improving and having a higher ceiling. Traded a cheap player for an expensive player who has little to no improvement, while giving up a damn fine RG. That trade combination of transactions was stupid as all get out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching staff laughably inexperienced? What about your damn coaching staff?

What was the highest position Kitchens had served prior to being elevated to Offensive Coordinator last year due to firings? Now he is going to be the offensive coordinator and head coach at the same time? Sounds very similar to Taylor. Hardly any difference at all.

Defensive coordinators? Yours has NFL D Coordinating longer but hardly a career to brag about. We brought in some hot shot D Coordinator last year that everyone said was the next great coaching candidate and would turn our defense into a takeaway machine. How did that work out for us?

You sit here and bark supremacy over experience at the coaching position, and you are as freaking raw as us. So hello pot. Hello kettle.

Yes, Cleveland took us to the woodshed last year, there is no denying that. It had to happen at some point with as much as everyone in the division had owned Cleveland's shit for years.

If you think Beckham's personality doesn't pose a potential issue, you are only fooling yourself. If everything is going well, yeah, he is probably an outstanding teammate. Things start to go off the rails then so does his attitude. Mayfield is just as outspoken as Beckham. He is also starting to feel like the second coming of the Messiah since he was able to help Cleveland win 8 games, something no one ever thought would happen again this century, outside Cleveland.

Like I said, you have to play the games, it is not played on paper. As it sits, you have an impressive group of players on paper.

Wow, where to start.

First off, our OC is Todd Monken. Not sure you knew that, but he's the guy that was able to make Ryan Fitzpatrick look good last year while overseeing the 3rd best offense in the NFL last year in terms of total offense. Think he might be excited to get to work with Baker, ODB, Jarvis, Chubb, and the rest of the weapons we have?

Secondly, our DC has a significantly better resume than yours. That's not even debatable. He was a major part of the Panthers defense that had them in the Super Bowl a few years ago. He was the associate HC there and was one of the highest-respected defensive minds when he was hired to be Arizona's HC. He had an awful year as HC in Arizona last year, but any coach would've dealing with that dumpster fire.

So no, our coaching staff is nowhere near as raw as yours.

Love your desperate attempt to make it sound like ODB and Baker are detriments when both of their teammates have never said anything of the sort. It'll make it so much sweeter when we continue taking you to the woodshed this year.

Also, LOL at Vernon not being an upgrade over Ogbah. That's just ridiculous. He was by far the best pass rusher on the Giants last year and despite being injured and being the focal point of opposing offensive lines, he still managed 7 sacks, and that was after being moved from DE to OLB. He's now back at DE, a position he was a force at for several years, and he's playing opposite Myles Garrett, meaning very few double teams. Dalton will be shitting down his leg when he faces us this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ogbah was starting to turn into an impressive player. He is the one guy that really stood out to me when you played the Bengals. I was like damn it, young starting to get a head of steam. Pairing him and Myles for years is going to wreck havoc. Then you got rid of him and I am like hell yes. You brought in Vernon and while he is a decent player, I don't think his current ability is greater than Ogbah improving and having a higher ceiling. Traded a cheap player for an expensive player who has little to no improvement, while giving up a damn fine RG. That trade combination of transactions was stupid as all get out.
LOL Ogbah didn't do shit against the Bengals last year. Who are you trying to kid here? Ogbah was a marginal talent who never developed into the player he was supposed to.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, where to start.

First off, our OC is Todd Monken. Not sure you knew that, but he's the guy that was able to make Ryan Fitzpatrick look good last year while overseeing the 3rd best offense in the NFL last year in terms of total offense. Think he might be excited to get to work with Baker, ODB, Jarvis, Chubb, and the rest of the weapons we have?

Secondly, our DC has a significantly better resume than yours. That's not even debatable. He was a major part of the Panthers defense that had them in the Super Bowl a few years ago. He was the associate HC there and was one of the highest-respected defensive minds when he was hired to be Arizona's HC. He had an awful year as HC in Arizona last year, but any coach would've dealing with that dumpster fire.

So no, our coaching staff is nowhere near as raw as yours.

Love your desperate attempt to make it sound like ODB and Baker are detriments when both of their teammates have never said anything of the sort. It'll make it so much sweeter when we continue taking you to the woodshed this year.

Also, LOL at Vernon not being an upgrade over Ogbah. That's just ridiculous. He was by far the best pass rusher on the Giants last year and despite being injured and being the focal point of opposing offensive lines, he still managed 7 sacks, and that was after being moved from DE to OLB. He's now back at DE, a position he was a force at for several years, and he's playing opposite Myles Garrett, meaning very few double teams. Dalton will be shitting down his leg when he faces us this year.

I am not going to continue this futile attempt of convincing. You obviously want nothing to do with it so peace to you brother. We will let the games play out. You have your opinion, I have mine. You can feel I am wrong, and that is cool. This debate has just become a waste of my time, and yours, so i will be the better man and tell ya, you win. Congrats.