• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarrod Lyle

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is heart breaking.

Pro golfer Jarrod Lyle decides to end treatment for leukemia

Jarrod Lyle put up a courageous fight against acute myeloid leukemia, but on Tuesday, Lyle’s wife, Bri, announced that the 36-year-old former PGA Tour golfer has been placed in palliative care.

“My heart breaks as I type this message,” Bri Lyle wrote on Facebook. “Earlier today Jarrod made the decision to stop active treatment and begin palliative care. He has given everything that he’s got to give, and his poor body cannot take anymore. We’ll be taking him closer to home in the next couple of days so he can finally leave the hospital.”

Lyle was first diagnosed with leukemia as a teenager, but overcame the disease to earn his PGA Tour card for the first time in 2007. Lyle won twice on the Web.com Tour in 2008 and competed in 253 world-ranked events in his playing career.

His cancer returned in 2012, but Lyle again beat the disease and returned to pro golf, where he competed in 42 tournaments, including 20 Tour events.

His last tournament was the Western Australia PGA Championship in May 2017, where he tied for 45th.

Lyle’s leukemia returned last year. He underwent a haploidentical transplant and stem cell therapy last December. However, in June, the Lyles announced that Jarrod had lost his vision, and that doctors were puzzled as to why.

“I realize no matter how bad it gets there is always that light at the end of the tunnel, and I’m looking for that light, and while I just can’t see it at the moment I know it is there,” Lyle said last year. “And I know I have to keep fighting to get there.”

This will be the final post on Jarrod’s page. Earlier today we started palliative care for him as his body is no longer able to fight. We will take him closer to home to be near his girls. He has put up a courageous fight and he is surrounded by love #fuckcancer

A post shared by Jarrod Lyle (@jarrod.lyle) on Jul 31, 2018 at 5:18am PDT

But Lyle can’t fight anymore.

“Jarrod knows he is loved, and the thousands of prayers and well wishes that have been sent his way have kept him going through some incredibly tough times,” Bri Lyle said. “But he has reached his limit, and the docs have finally agreed that they can no longer strive for a positive outcome.

“My focus as of today is on our girls and doing whatever I can to get them through the challenges ahead. Jarrod will be closer to them very soon, and will spend as much time as he can with them.”

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, but good post.

I heard about this when I was over in Europe during the British...he fought a good fight.

I lost a sister-in-law to Leukemia at 38 y/o. Opted for a bone-marrow transplant after a year on meds and for a few days it was looking promising...about a week later her body rejected the new bone marrow and she went down hill very quickly. Most everything the doctors were trying was experimental...basically they don't have an answer for this yet.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, but good post.

I heard about this when I was over in Europe during the British...he fought a good fight.

I lost a sister-in-law to Leukemia at 38 y/o. Opted for a bone-marrow transplant after a year on meds and for a few days it was looking promising...about a week later her body rejected the new bone marrow and she went down hill very quickly. Most everything the doctors were trying was experimental...basically they don't have an answer for this yet.

I am sorry you lost your sister in law at such a young age. Cancer is devastating.
Looking at the photos of Jarrod Lyle I can only look in awe of how well he is taking it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry you lost your sister in law at such a young age. Cancer is devastating.
Looking at the photos of Jarrod Lyle I can only look in awe of how well he is taking it.

Same with my SIL...at the end she realized she gambled and lost on the transplant, but she was at peace with it...there was a family reunion planned on her last day and we all went to see her...last words were please go and have fun guys...never have seen a person leave this earth (last breath) prior to that...brave soul...as is Lyle.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest In Peace Jarrod Lyle.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TGC did a piece on him last night. He'd been fighting it since he was a kid... a wife and 2 young girls. It was so sad I changed the channel. RIP

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TGC did a piece on him last night. He'd been fighting it since he was a kid... a wife and 2 young girls. It was so sad I changed the channel. RIP

Diagnosed when he was just 17 and still was able to make the PGA tour.
What a fight the guy put up over the years.

RIP.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - I was fighting back tears & I really wasn't even that aware of the guy. Nobilo couldn't even talk when they asked about Lyle's passing - I am guessing that he was relatively close w/ the guy.