• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarran Reed Suspended for 6 games for Personal Conduct Policy

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is in a pretty tough spot here with these DV cases (and each one is different, so pretty tough to compare and say this guy got that, but that guy only got this). You have two fairly large camps: one thinks it's unfair for a player to get disciplined without an arrest or charges filed, and then you have the other who will accuse the NFL of not caring about DV if the player goes unpunished or just gets a slap on the wrist when they are accused of something. No matter which way they go, 40%+ of the fanbase is probably going to think they screwed it up.

I don't know the particulars of Reed's situation, but I understand it happened about 2 years ago. The NFL surely has investigated it very thoroughly, and they undoubtedly employ a group of people that has no other duty description. I am guessing they have a pretty strong case to back up their decision, but hopefully Reed can appeal and get a couple games shaved off.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would've preferred Mike Daniels, but whatever. I swear the only interior defender that has wrecked the Seahawks as thoroughly as Daniels is Aaron Donald.

Same here but we might not have had the cap room.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is a racist and i got to see it first hand done to small CHILDREN when he continually ignored 7 to 10 year olds that were white to sign autographs for the minorities in the room. This told me he puts people into two groups. I would have tried to sign everyone's autograph not segregate people let alone CHILDREN! Human trash. Please lets just not give him anymore post time on this page.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is a racist and i got to see it first hand done to small CHILDREN when he continually ignored 7 to 10 year olds that were white to sign autographs for the minorities in the room. This told me he puts people into two groups. I would have tried to sign everyone's autograph not segregate people let alone CHILDREN! Human trash. Please lets just not give him anymore post time on this page.

That's pretty fucked up. I can't imagine being a kid seeing someone I look up to ignore me just because of my skin color. I couldn't imagine being a parent seeing their kid upset over this and having to explain why one of their favorite players ignored them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try a crying child, his feelings were so hurt for weeks after. I just had to explain to him that he was very busy and only could sign a few autographs. In other words i had to lie to my son.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any video or any proof beyond the old " he said/ she said" . But hey, he owned it and will have to take his lumps, I guess. My biggest issue was that the league took so long to come up with this. I mean 2 years? Honestly? It's like they waited for the kid to show signs of being a good player and then said," okay, time to fuck with him." The league really needs to take this power from Goodell and get an unbiased disciplinary board set up. Make a standing policy regarding this and stick to it. I hate DV and agree with punishment but it can't be this arbitrary.
PS. To me, when these incidents happen, the league should have a maximum timeline to bring down a ruling. They should be able to make a decision in 3 months, tops. They did with Hill. This "We didn't know" is BS.

You know I always wondered if Reed would have been a practice squad level player with nothing to his name would the league pursue this case? I never hear breaking news the 3rd string walk on guard of some team will be suspended 6 games or maybe they do its just the league never publisizes it and obviously the team wont make it known they will just release him.

I wonder if the seahawks are thinking man this sucks but this will take away all the ammo this player could use to ask for a lot of money this offseason so in a way good for us

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I always wondered if Reed would have been a practice squad level player with nothing to his name would the league pursue this case? I never hear breaking news the 3rd string walk on guard of some team will be suspended 6 games or maybe they do its just the league never publisizes it and obviously the team wont make it known they will just release him.

I wonder if the seahawks are thinking man this sucks but this will take away all the ammo this player could use to ask for a lot of money this offseason so in a way good for us
I understand your point, but I think 80%+ fans around the league probably don't know who Jarran Reed is.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get now the NFL will punish someone that wasn't even found guilty of anything... This is horsesh!t ....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get now the NFL will punish someone that wasn't even found guilty of anything... This is horsesh!t ....

Yah... what pissed me off the most was when someone said he already tried to appeal and still got 6 games. 6 games... for not being convicted of anything. Ugh... Hopefully the players negotiate terms into the new CBA on these bullshit suspensions. Leave it to the police. If you're convicted of a crime, you obviously miss games because of prison/jail time and the NFL can enforce whatever. If you're NOT convicted, NO suspension. And seriously just allow weed at this point... it's far more healthy (lol?) than the pain meds you feed these guys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get this mentality. If you work at Home Depot and violate their policies, do you think they can't or don't do anything unless you're found guilty of a criminal offense?? The NFL hasn't thrown Jarran Reed in jail or anything. They have taken administrative action against him for violating their conduct policy. It's pretty much the same thing as what any employer does on a daily basis.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get this mentality. If you work at Home Depot and violate their policies, do you think they can't or don't do anything unless you're found guilty of a criminal offense?? The NFL hasn't thrown Jarran Reed in jail or anything. They have taken administrative action against him for violating their conduct policy. It's pretty much the same thing as what any employer does on a daily basis.

But he's not guilty of a conduct policy, he wasn't found guilty of anything... Aren't we innocent until proven otherwise ? So a store will suspend you without investigating on where you're actually guilty of something or not ? I'd quit that job in a heartbeat....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's not guilty of a conduct policy, he wasn't found guilty of anything... Aren't we innocent until proven otherwise ? So a store will suspend you without investigating on where you're actually guilty of something or not ? I'd quit that job in a heartbeat....
The NFL conducts investigations and doesn't rely solely on cops. So does Boeing, Amazon, the US Army, etc. It's not a court of law, so due process is not totally congruent. And the NFL has clearly determined to their burden of proof requirement that he violated their conduct policy. If it was as flimsy as you make it out to be, the NFLPA would be all over it like stink on shit.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL conducts investigations and doesn't rely solely on cops. So does Boeing, Amazon, the US Army, etc. It's not a court of law, so due process is not totally congruent. And the NFL has clearly determined to their burden of proof requirement that he violated their conduct policy. If it was as flimsy as you make it out to be, the NFLPA would be all over it like stink on shit.

There still has to be some form of an investigation, I'm curious to know how far the NFL actually investigated it...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There still has to be some form of an investigation, I'm curious to know how far the NFL actually investigated it...

It was probably a closed deal until the commish got hammered over Hill not getting some type of susp. So next best is hit Reed to soften the blow.