• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarran Reed Suspended for 6 games for Personal Conduct Policy

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arrested, not charged... yet Tyreek Hill is good to go. The NFL needs to seriously remove their collective heads from their asses.

Regardless this is a HUGE blow to Seattle.... We basically have nothing on the front 4 line.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddell obviously hates the Seahawks...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arrested, not charged... yet Tyreek Hill is good to go. The NFL needs to seriously remove their collective heads from their asses.

Regardless this is a HUGE blow to Seattle.... We basically have nothing on the front 4 line.

Because Ty Hill brings in some serious revenue for the NFL and Reed doesn't? Who knows but that was the first thing that came to mind as well when I read that...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong for me to not give a crap that Michael Bennett broke his ankle on the first day of practice? Yeah, probably, but that's the kind of guy I am. I have no empathy for assholes.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this hurts. And SIX games? WTF brah.
I guess the league has upped the anti. Or maybe the idea is to protest through the player's union and get the suspension reduced to the standard 4 games.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong for me to not give a crap that Michael Bennett broke his ankle on the first day of practice? Yeah, probably, but that's the kind of guy I am. I have no empathy for assholes.
Nevermind, wrong Michael Bennett. Maybe I'll get lucky and the other Michael Bennett will break his ankle too....and his vagina.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Ty Hill brings in some serious revenue for the NFL and Reed doesn't? Who knows but that was the first thing that came to mind as well when I read that...

I think we all get it Anointed... basically Hill is a fantasy guy so 'lets give him a free pass'. We're not far off from offensive holding getting removed. I'm sure Elliott's lawyer was shot in a dark alley.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has anyone seen a video of this? Or anything?
I don't think there is any video or any proof beyond the old " he said/ she said" . But hey, he owned it and will have to take his lumps, I guess. My biggest issue was that the league took so long to come up with this. I mean 2 years? Honestly? It's like they waited for the kid to show signs of being a good player and then said," okay, time to fuck with him." The league really needs to take this power from Goodell and get an unbiased disciplinary board set up. Make a standing policy regarding this and stick to it. I hate DV and agree with punishment but it can't be this arbitrary.
PS. To me, when these incidents happen, the league should have a maximum timeline to bring down a ruling. They should be able to make a decision in 3 months, tops. They did with Hill. This "We didn't know" is BS.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any video or any proof beyond the old " he said/ she said" . But hey, he owned it and will have to take his lumps, I guess. My biggest issue was that the league took so long to come up with this. I mean 2 years? Honestly? It's like they waited for the kid to show signs of being a good player and then said," okay, time to fuck with him." The league really needs to take this power from Goodell and get an unbiased disciplinary board set up. Make a standing policy regarding this and stick to it. I hate DV and agree with punishment but it can't be this arbitrary.
PS. To me, when these incidents happen, the league should have a maximum timeline to bring down a ruling. They should be able to make a decision in 3 months, tops. They did with Hill. This "We didn't know" is BS.

Yep, should have been dealt with last year. They had the police report so act on it but I find it interesting that Goodell is getting ripped for not susp Ty Hill so too me it seems like they quickly needed a fall guy and Reed is taking the hit for RG's fuck up. I hate DV as well and Reed put himself into that situation so yes he should get susp. Sadly the NFLPA dropped the ball and allowed the players to vote on the CBA without really knowing what kind of power they were giving RG.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the "fall guy" scenario makes sense. Goodell in damage control mode trying to cover his ass. Like I've thought for some time, have a 5 or 7 person panel consisting of a cross section of people that can view the case and debate all the issues and make a ruling that serves the best interests of the sport and society. If a suspension is viewed by these people as warranted, then a cut in stone number. No appeals, no bullshit. And a set timeline to make a ruling. Work with law enforcement and get the report when available from them. Then sit down and get the job done. And don't wait for TMZ to do the leg work for you and then have to cover your ass like the Hunt incident. It looks very amateur to us fans.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's interesting because they've taken such a strong stance against domestic violence since the Ray Rice thing, yet they still care so much if a player wants to get baked in his free time.

I smoke occasionally and trust me, smoking weed is much less dangerous than drinking alcohol. When I smoke weed I raid my kitchen and watch a movie. When I get drunk I have a hangover the next morning and have possibly almost gotten into a fight.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3