• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jancek Brings a New Familiarity to Vols' D

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jancek Brings a New Familiarity to Vols' D - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- As he takes over as Tennessee's defensive coordinator in 2013, John Jancek aims to bring an air of familiarity to the Volunteer defense, no easy task for a completely new staff running a new scheme. But with a look that goes back to some of the great defenses of the past, combined with a couple of faces familiar to the Southeastern Conference, Jancek is up for the challenge.

A return to an 4-3 scheme from the 3-4 that the Vols ran a season ago is Jancek's first move. But in meeting with the media for the first time at Tennessee this week, he said the calling card of his defense would be more about the attitude they play with on the field, rather than the alignment that they play out of.

"If I could have my perfect style, I would want to describe it as a defense that plays with great effort, that plays with great intensity, that doesn't beat itself," Jancek said. "Part of that style is tackling, to be great tacklers and be physical and when people play Tennessee, they know that they are in for a long game. That is the model and the philosophy that we will constantly be working towards."

[YOUTUBE]zvkHb-iDbLA[/YOUTUBE]

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the defensive can't possible get any worse than it was this past season

keith021773

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense can only get better. This past season was the worst that I have ever seen.