• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Conner or Cam Akers

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you want on your team

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either

I need RB help

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redraft league? Conner. Dynasty? Akers.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Conner. Sorry.
He's missed 9 games the last 2 years.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme Akers. I'm of the opinion that Conner would need a MASSIVE season this year to get a new contract with the Steelers, and given that hell be an URFA next season, in a year with so many potential stud free agent RB's also being available, his days of having a significant role could be VERY numbered. Akers has every bit the potential this year, and certainly a ton more going forward

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to cut ties with Cam Akers in dynasty?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was about a year ago :)
Yeah.
He's only 23. Rumors are Rams will cut him. Someone's gonna claim him off waivers. Right?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.
He's only 23. Rumors are Rams will cut him. Someone's gonna claim him off waivers. Right?
I wouldn't be surprised if someone took a chance on him.

But realistically, the dude needs another solid 6-12 months rehabbing that achillies. He's been utterly horrid since returning. I dunno how James Robinson is doing what he's doing (which isn't as great as it seemed like it was going to be after the first couple weeks), but he is a unicorn exception. RB's just don't come back from that injury, not entirely, and not for years.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if someone took a chance on him.

But realistically, the dude needs another solid 6-12 months rehabbing that achillies. He's been utterly horrid since returning. I dunno how James Robinson is doing what he's doing (which isn't as great as it seemed like it was going to be after the first couple weeks), but he is a unicorn exception. RB's just don't come back from that injury, not entirely, and not for years.

your boy D'Onta Foreman has entered the chat

Took him what, 3yrs of rehab and he lost some of that pop he showed in college

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your boy D'Onta Foreman has entered the chat

Took him what, 3yrs of rehab and he lost some of that pop he showed in college
More or less yep. He's infinitely better than he was after immediately returning, but not what he was.

Of course hardly anyone is who they were 4-5 years ago

I mean, if you've got the roster space, and the belief that 3, 4, 5 years from now Akers will be 80% of what he was pre achilies, and that the %80 is worth that kind of wait...go fer it

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less yep. He's infinitely better than he was after immediately returning, but not what he was.

Of course hardly anyone is who they were 4-5 years ago

I mean, if you've got the roster space, and the belief that 3, 4, 5 years from now Akers will be 80% of what he was pre achilies, and that the %80 is worth that kind of wait...go fer it

I wasn't in on Akers before his injury, so I'm steering well clear of him in any format

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Cam akers is not what he was, and needs more rehab or whatever... But i am shocked that the Rams dont use him more... this is what i will never understand RB is an opportunity driven position... sure, talent makes it easier to succeed... but we have seen terrible Running backs succeed just because they have the opportunities...

the rams are looking for backs to use... why are they not giving him opportunities?? it cant be fear of him getting hurt again, if they are talking about releasing him... I just dont understand, why they dont see what he can do right now in game time... he still has a 3.0 YPC with 50+ carries this year... that is not LETS NEVER GIVE HIM A CHANCE AGAIN bad....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Cam akers is not what he was, and needs more rehab or whatever... But i am shocked that the Rams dont use him more... this is what i will never understand RB is an opportunity driven position... sure, talent makes it easier to succeed... but we have seen terrible Running backs succeed just because they have the opportunities...

the rams are looking for backs to use... why are they not giving him opportunities?? it cant be fear of him getting hurt again, if they are talking about releasing him... I just dont understand, why they dont see what he can do right now in game time... he still has a 3.0 YPC with 50+ carries this year... that is not LETS NEVER GIVE HIM A CHANCE AGAIN bad....

Well at least I know you don't watch the Rams games now.

1) Yes, Cam has been atrocious since returning from his injury, which he probably did too soon last year since the Rams were making a SB run.
2) Akers has beef with the team and it has turned the relationship sour. Not playing him has extremely little to do with his stat line and everything to do with his relationship with the team.
3) I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Rams shopped him HARD this year, even before he became malcontent, and found zero suitors

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least I know you don't watch the Rams games now.

1) Yes, Cam has been atrocious since returning from his injury, which he probably did too soon last year since the Rams were making a SB run.
2) Akers has beef with the team and it has turned the relationship sour. Not playing him has extremely little to do with his stat line and everything to do with his relationship with the team.
3) I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Rams shopped him HARD this year, even before he became malcontent, and found zero suitors
the most current blurb goin around is that they 'denied multiple offers for Akers'

I cry HORSESHIT to that statement. I don't think they so much as received an inquiring text message, let alone multiple actual offers. If Kareem Hunt can't justify a 4th round draft pick, no one was calling about friggin Cam Akers