• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston Confirms Entering NFL Draft

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets will draft him. Smith, Vick and Winston. 3 of the exact same QB in one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he is making a huge mistake going to the NFL now. His image is pretty tarnished and there are a lot of question marks. Another year in college would do wonders for him, IMO.

Underclassmen rarely succeed in the NFL. I know Rodgers was an underclassmen but every other successful QB I can think of stayed for 4 years in college.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he is making a huge mistake going to the NFL now. His image is pretty tarnished and there are a lot of question marks. Another year in college would do wonders for him, IMO.

Underclassmen rarely succeed in the NFL. I know Rodgers was an underclassmen but every other successful QB I can think of stayed for 4 years in college.

Yeah but does it shock you that the guy with character issues will go for the money grab as soon as possible?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of the last college QB with character issues and/or brushes with the law who ended up being a good pro. There are some positions in the NFL where you can be a clown or head case and still be successfuil, but QB isn't one of them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a football talent...imo Winston is pro ready, but you can't ignore the off the field stuff and that makes him a bigger risk. Will be the 2nd QB off the board.

To the Browns fan that said ....noooooo.

Glad you feel that way, as a DIV foe...I'd much rather face JM twice a year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Browns get a weapon for whoever the QB is with their first pick? Then maybe DL with their 2nd first rounder? This team always seems to have multiple first rounders and rarely seem to hit on the right guys.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take Winston or Mariota, I'll jump

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the 12 and 20 if I recall correctly

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really, really sorry for whatever team takes this guy.

...Unless it's the Raiders. In which case I'll feel elated. :)

Now that's not very nice, he couldn't be any worse than Capernig.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should he get his head on straight, I think there's at the least a solid starter in his tools. He's at least seen like a gamer at times, comes up in big spots, plenty of arm. Has to improve decision making obviously, too many turnovers.

That's a big if though, as he hasn't shown much ability to stay out of trouble. The turnovers may be an equal challenge to overcome

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make good points on underclassmen QBs, but he's going in the top 10...it makes sense to come out...a great SR yr would make him #1 overall, but won't make him a better prospect...there are no guarantees...you take the cash if you're going to be a top 10 pick imo.

If the image and rep was going to knock him out of the top 10...staying would make sense to see if he could strengthen that.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone here acts like it was all jameis decision to go to the draft early. id bet the house that behind the scenes fsu told him he can go and make it look like his own choice. no way they wanted this liability back on campus. just last week he was saying how he looking forward to playing baseball and now a big change of heart....gtfo. there was no way fsu wanted to keep answering for him. thanks but you have to go.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone here acts like it was all jameis decision to go to the draft early. id bet the house that behind the scenes fsu told him he can go and make it look like his own choice. no way they wanted this liability back on campus. just last week he was saying how he looking forward to playing baseball and now a big change of heart....gtfo. there was no way fsu wanted to keep answering for him. thanks but you have to go.....

Good point but if they really wanted the kid out they could've just booted him with all the turmoil surrounding him and no one would've screamed too loudly aside from maybe Jimbo.

As nutty as the kid appears to be, Winston was a win win...put FSU back on the national map, and he'll likely be a top 10 pick.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point but if they really wanted the kid out they could've just booted him with all the turmoil surrounding him and no one would've screamed too loudly aside from maybe Jimbo.

As nutty as the kid appears to be, Winston was a win win...put FSU back on the national map, and he'll likely be a top 10 pick.

Yeah but that would've killed his draft stock. They may no longer want to deal with him but that doesn't mean they'd doing something that malicious. With that said, I don't think FSU pushed him out the door. If anybody pushed him out the door it's people within his personal life (family, friends, etc.). Somebody mentioned Vince Young and I think it's a legitimate comparison.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that would've killed his draft stock. They may no longer want to deal with him but that doesn't mean they'd doing something that malicious. With that said, I don't think FSU pushed him out the door. If anybody pushed him out the door it's people within his personal life (family, friends, etc.). Somebody mentioned Vince Young and I think it's a legitimate comparison.

It would've hurt it for certain, but he still would've gone in the 2nd...no doubt...not having Jamison on campus is less of the distraction for the team, but the young lady was always going to follow her advisors and file a civil suit (which she is doing) whether he's there or not, so they're not totally ridding themselves of his wake.

In terms of VY...I don't recall him being anywhere near this kind of a kid @ Texas..., mostly was a coddled brat, but no major trouble...now the whole squandering money thing, very possible there, but we'll have to see how that shakes out.

yungjme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
titans should take MM. IMO MM>JW