• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamal Adams is pretty good

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be a career ending injury. Second operation to the same shoulder. I feel for that kid.

Hopefully Seattle and other teams will realize that no one is worth 2 first rounders. I didn't like it then and now it's biting Hawks in the ass.

Seattle has certainly used him incorrectly. I gave it a decent grade given it was likely 2 LATE 1st rounders which one certainly was and probably would be again if Wilson didn't have the finger injury...

That said, as I reflect a bit more on it... Seattle has been negligently trading draft capital for some time for niche players that they don't use correctly at all... Percy Harvin was a known headcase, and got injured and then failed to gel with anyone in the locker room, Jimmy Graham got injured but was also used ineffectively as Seattle was trying to teach him to pass block (WTF?), and then Adams who is now injured, but this year the Hawks have used him a little odd.... he led all safeties in sacks last year, and this year it's just not a thing? When Seattle has one of the lowest sack counts in the league? Bleh.

Time for Seattle to can the coaches.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be a career ending injury. Second operation to the same shoulder. I feel for that kid.

Hopefully Seattle and other teams will realize that no one is worth 2 first rounders. I didn't like it then and now it's biting Hawks in the ass.

There are some players that are worth 2 1st round picks. But they only play QB and DE.

Myles Garrett or TJ Watt would be no brainers that would be worth that. Maybe Donald (but he is a little on the old side already). The Bosa brothers I wouldnt argue against. And then some of the QB's would be.

....but other than that....no one is worth that. And sure as hell no safeties in the league that are worth that. That was always the biggest problem with this trade. And it has actually only gotten worse in the short time since this trade has taken place with everyone starting to realize that double high safeties is the best way to play defense against modern NFL teams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some players that are worth 2 1st round picks. But they only play QB and DE.

Myles Garrett or TJ Watt would be no brainers that would be worth that. Maybe Donald (but he is a little on the old side already). The Bosa brothers I wouldnt argue against. And then some of the QB's would be.

....but other than that....no one is worth that. And sure as hell no safeties in the league that are worth that. That was always the biggest problem with this trade. And it has actually only gotten worse in the short time since this trade has taken place with everyone starting to realize that double high safeties is the best way to play defense against modern NFL teams.

Yah in hindsight it was pretty stupid... it wasn't just 2 1st rounders.. it was a 3rd as well in 2021 and sent McDougald over who was OKAY in Seattle's system... certainly not the talent of Adams, but yah....

I dunno, I'll eat crow and stand by the fact that I graded it highly for Seattle and low for the Jets... I gave Seattle an A grade and the Jets somewhere around a D for what it was at the time... two LATE 1st round picks (one has morphed into a potential high 1st rounder) for a safety that was supposed to be a leader/game changer, and Seattle's coaching staff has utilized him poorly.

Would I change that grade now? Well, duh... but hindsight is hindsight.... can't take back what I said.

I liked the Harvin and Graham trades as well, and those were giant failures.... so maybe I should start giving an auto F grade to every Seattle trade. I'm sure my homerism is having a slight impact on my bias as well..

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah in hindsight it was pretty stupid... it wasn't just 2 1st rounders.. it was a 3rd as well in 2021 and sent McDougald over who was OKAY in Seattle's system... certainly not the talent of Adams, but yah....

I dunno, I'll eat crow and stand by the fact that I graded it highly for Seattle and low for the Jets... I gave Seattle an A grade and the Jets somewhere around a D for what it was at the time... two LATE 1st round picks (one has morphed into a potential high 1st rounder) for a safety that was supposed to be a leader/game changer, and Seattle's coaching staff has utilized him poorly.

Would I change that grade now? Well, duh... but hindsight is hindsight.... can't take back what I said.

I liked the Harvin and Graham trades as well, and those were giant failures.... so maybe I should start giving an auto F grade to every Seattle trade. I'm sure my homerism is having a slight impact on my bias as well..

Yeah if my team would have made the trade I would like to think that I would have the correct opinion.....but probably not. Nothing wrong with a little bias. But I have often times been pissed about a move my team made and been proven right (Ponder and Bradberry come to mind) but often looked at some moves with rose colored glasses that is for sure.

.....but looking back I pretty much nailed the Adams trade as soon as it was made:

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if my team would have made the trade I would like to think that I would have the correct opinion.....but probably not. Nothing wrong with a little bias. But I have often times been pissed about a move my team made and been proven right (Ponder and Bradberry come to mind) but often looked at some moves with rose colored glasses that is for sure.

.....but looking back I pretty much nailed the Adams trade as soon as it was made:

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Huge misses. An underrated one though:

636514619118418545-USP-NFL-Minnesota-Vikings-at-Buffalo-Bills.jpg

Ultimate tease. Beats the hell out of the Saints on opening night and is hurt the rest of the year.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll disagree that those are the only 2 positions that 2 firsts would be ok for. However, it would take a generational type talent to make it make sense in my book. A good young left tackle, a great corner would make sense if that's the missing piece or somebody that is HOF type player....but those guys rarely if ever get traded.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles Garrett or TJ Watt would be no brainers that would be worth that. Maybe Donald (but he is a little on the old side already).
Maybe Donald?giphy (4)-1.gif

He is still elite