• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jacob Eason

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy

How is he doing?

I hope he lights it up next year. He was a class act while in Athens.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he looking?
He sat out this year so little is known. He has a hell of an arm in the few practices we've seen, but drills only tell you so much.

UW is stocked at QB and he has a lot of competition to be the starter next year. AG and a few others really really don't want to see him get picked. AG is high on our current backup and a kid coming in named Colson Yankoff who is a dual threat QB.

There are some legit reasons to not want to favor Eason given he would be a one and done for sure and you are right back to where you started the next season.

I just want whoever gets the nod to play well and stay healthy.

We will see in spring who has the edge and what the offense looks like with them behind center.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he looking?
I haven’t really heard much about him. Not having eligibility for the year he hasn’t demanded much attention or buzz beyond he’s here. He’ll be all the rage in the spring and summer. We have two Freshman redshirting everyone was real high on as recruits, and the current backup will be a redshirt Sophomore (that’s AG’s, and practically no one else’s guy).

I think the general feeling is we have a prototypical QB ready to go next year though. With Browning (and the offense in general) struggling this year, people are excited about the idea of him.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sat out this year so little is known. He has a hell of an arm in the few practices we've seen, but drills only tell you so much.

UW is stocked at QB and he has a lot of competition to be the starter next year. AG and a few others really really don't want to see him get picked. AG is high on our current backup and a kid coming in named Colson Yankoff who is a dual threat QB.

There are some legit reasons to not want to favor Eason given he would be a one and done for sure and you are right back to where you started the next season.

I just want whoever gets the nod to play well and stay healthy.

We will see in spring who has the edge and what the offense looks like with them behind center.
:ninja:

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t really heard much about him. Not having eligibility for the year he hasn’t demanded much attention or buzz beyond he’s here. He’ll be all the rage in the spring and summer. We have two Freshman redshirting everyone was real high on as recruits, and the current backup will be a redshirt Sophomore (that’s AG’s, and practically no one else’s guy).

I think the general feeling is we have a prototypical QB ready to go next year though. With Browning (and the offense in general) struggling this year, people are excited about the idea of him.

wasn't sure what kind of practice time he was getting. thinking he might be on the scout team.

i hope he lights it up for y'all. he handled his situation at UGA with total class. i will always pull for him.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't sure what kind of practice time he was getting. thinking he might be on the scout team.

i hope he lights it up for y'all. he handled his situation at UGA with total class. i will always pull for him.
He is on the scout team, just not a lot of anything about him. Glad to hear you guys have a good opinion of him, I wasn’t real big on him coming back at first, mostly because I’m a petty fan and he didn’t choose us the first time, but I’ve warmed up to the idea quite a bit. Having one of the redshirt freshman who will most likely be the future play behind him one year (assuming he plans on leaving for the NFL if the year goes as planned) sounds like a pretty good deal.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford.

If he's able to iron out some of the issues he had with his accuracy as a true freshman at Georgia, I think he will be the starter in 2019 given his experience and overall raw talent.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy

How is he doing?

I hope he lights it up next year. He was a class act while in Athens.
A large majority of Washington fans have him pegged as next season's starting QB. I on the other hand am going with Jake Haener. He's currently Jake Browning's backup atm.

Jake Haener's mom ... she's a newscaster and total MILF.

julie-haener-images.jpg

580e5f9ff590e7e1af18075294bc7f.jpg

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford.

If he's able to iron out some of the issues he had with his accuracy as a true freshman at Georgia, I think he will be the starter in 2019 given his experience and overall raw talent.

he did not get a ton of help that year. i remember many dropped passes.

@AlaskaGuy - that is a good lookin momma

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large majority of Washington fans have him pegged as next season's starting QB. I on the other hand am going with Jake Haener. He's currently Jake Browning's backup atm.

Jake Haener's mom ... she's a newscaster and total MILF.

julie-haener-images.jpg

580e5f9ff590e7e1af18075294bc7f.jpg

I expect nothing less from you.

Never change AG.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did not get a ton of help that year. i remember many dropped passes.

@AlaskaGuy - that is a good lookin momma

I see him as a strong favorite given his raw talent, SEC starting experience and having been able to practice as much as he has.

When I watched Eason at Georgia he reminded me a lot of Matt Stafford. Similar build, highly rated as a high school recruit, and similar issues overthrowing balls on occasion. I understand why he lost out to Fromm. Although Georgia lost against Alabama, Fromm made many throws that would make NFL scouts salivate.

Eason has very stiff competition, but given his experience starting as a true freshman and all the time he has had to learn the offense, I expect him to be the starter in 2019.

Biggest issue for the Huskies is that if Eason plays well, he would be a first round pick and I don't think he'd stay around. If he doesn't play well, then he stays around and it's not a great season for the Huskies.

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him as a strong favorite given his raw talent, SEC starting experience and having been able to practice as much as he has.

When I watched Eason at Georgia he reminded me a lot of Matt Stafford. Similar build, highly rated as a high school recruit, and similar issues overthrowing balls on occasion. I understand why he lost out to Fromm. Although Georgia lost against Alabama, Fromm made many throws that would make NFL scouts salivate.

Eason has very stiff competition, but given his experience starting as a true freshman and all the time he has had to learn the offense, I expect him to be the starter in 2019.

Biggest issue for the Huskies is that if Eason plays well, he would be a first round pick and I don't think he'd stay around. If he doesn't play well, then he stays around and it's not a great season for the Huskies.

like i said, i hope he lights it up. i know plenty of Georgia fans that feel the same.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said, i hope he lights it up. i know plenty of Georgia fans that feel the same.

Hopefully you guys are right. Georgia fans should feel pretty secure with Fromm and Fields. Tough loss to Bama, but you guys have a great team.

pooods

Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about our boy yesterday!

DGD!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of rope a doped Eastern a bit to start that game.

First series Eason had 3 throws, two were at or behind the LOS and one was like 3y downfield and up the middle. Short easy tosses. Looked like they wanted to build up some confidence and get the kid in the flow...

Didn't last long. First play of the second series was a 50y bomb on a simple go route. Hit him fully in stride.

Hamdan said all off season they needed to emphasise creating explosive plays and I believe they had like 13 or 14 in that game.

Now go do something against Cal and show it wasn't just an easy game against a subpar defense.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of rope a doped Eastern a bit to start that game.

First series Eason had 3 throws, two were at or behind the LOS and one was like 3y downfield and up the middle. Short easy tosses. Looked like they wanted to build up some confidence and get the kid in the flow...

Didn't last long. First play of the second series was a 50y bomb on a simple go route. Hit him fully in stride.

Hamdan said all off season they needed to emphasise creating explosive plays and I believe they had like 13 or 14 in that game.

Now go do something against Cal and show it wasn't just an easy game against a subpar defense.
Cal has arguably the best secondary in the conference at this point in time. Washington needs to get their running game going early in order to help open up the passing lanes later on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal has arguably the best secondary in the conference at this point in time. Washington needs to get their running game going early in order to help open up the passing lanes later on.
They used quite a variety of run plays in that game both inside and out. Richard Newton had a solid coming out performance, however they used him a couple of times in that stupid wildcat and I doubt that does much against Cal.

More importantly, they used quite a few quick out plays and Eason was very accurate with those. While they should be easy plays, we've seen Browning derp some of those throws.

Chico on a quick drag or screen is a really nice weapon to add. They had a couple of quick hits to Ahmed in the passing game as well.

As much as we all can't wait to see more of Eason downfield, having a QB that can dart a ball accurately in stride on drag, in, or short curl is just as important against those tougher defenses.

I fully expect a much more dynamic offense. Several improved weapons at WR being a big part of that.

The lingering question/concern is how he will handle the pass rush and pressure. They can't afford to give up turnovers against these pesky teams.