• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jackets Wont Extend Gaborik Till He Proves He's Worth It

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's at the point in his career where he could take the next step in that area. He's proven he can score points, score goals. I want to believe that even a 30-year-old or a 35-year-old player can get better, and that's one area that I want to see more from him."
"We haven't approached his agent (Ron Salcer), he hasn't approached us," Kekalainen told the paper. "We're both kind of in the let's-see-how-this-works-out place. I think it's fair.
"I'm not mad at his agent. I'm just hoping he's going to be a great player for us."

Jackets 'want more' from Gaborik for any contract extension

A return to Broadway maybe?! :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabby's in a tough spot until Horton comes aboard. Right now, there is no one to spread the opposing D out and he is ALWAYS against the top pair / best defensive forwards. No one else on the Jackets is at that level.

Once Horton comes in, we'll see what Gabby is capable of. The top two lines will be:
Anisimov - Dubinski - Gaborik
Foligno - Johansen - Horton

That should open up some D coverage.

The Jackets just have to stay a .500 or better team til that happens. Their mettle is being tested lately. And they don't quit.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabby's in a tough spot until Horton comes aboard. Right now, there is no one to spread the opposing D out and he is ALWAYS against the top pair / best defensive forwards. No one else on the Jackets is at that level.

Once Horton comes in, we'll see what Gabby is capable of. The top two lines will be:
Anisimov - Dubinski - Gaborik
Foligno - Johansen - Horton

That should open up some D coverage.

The Jackets just have to stay a .500 or better team til that happens. Their mettle is being tested lately. And they don't quit.

Agreed their offense will look a lot better once they get Horton back