• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack Del Rio

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could be there for the interviews. My only concern is if there is any pressure to win now vs, lets take our time and build thru the draft. I am guessing that the Raiders would be the last front office that would blow all that cap space trying to win now given their recent history. It was not an easy hole to dig out of.

The Raiders don't have much of a choice. According to the most recent CBA teams have to spend most of the cap. I think it is something like 95% of the Cap has to be spent.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you haven't been reading the Broncos board if you think this is true. We have been ticked off all year long at how he has ran this defense. There is no reason on a 3rd and long that our best pass rusher who is average at best dropping into coverage should be out in coverage. Yet time and again this is exactly what happened all year long. Same with our Corners in we have 2 very elite corners yet on 3rd and 5 plays lets have them play off man coverage 15 yards deep. Or the fact that there were many plays our FS was actually 30-40 yards off the field essentially eliminating them from 95% of all plays.
I guess it might come down to 'one man's trash...' He will be back to being the HC. I have no clue what staff he will bring in but I do see potential for the Raiders.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I think the raiders are heading in the right direction and Del Rio will help with that. He did some wonderful things with FAs that most teams thought were crap. As long as the front office can keep talent coming in the raiders will improve.

I had hoped for JDR coming to Oakland the last time around when he wound up in Denver, I will say I thought the Raiders had many more options this time around, but perhaps he really was the guy this time, a guy who would not demand complete control over personnel and management, but still brought a pretty strong resume to the table.

There is some criticism over his performance as DC in Denver, now he will delegate that to his own DC so possibly a moot point.

He is coming home, parents and family all Bay Area, lots of support, this is a big move for him.

Best of luck to JDR and the Raiders.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it might come down to 'one man's trash...' He will be back to being the HC. I have no clue what staff he will bring in but I do see potential for the Raiders.

I think he will do fine with the Raiders. I don't see them being a top-tier team unless they just draft out of their minds the next few years kind of thing, but he just did not leave Bronco fans excited by the work that he was doing. The defense would have times of looking amazing and him looking like a very competent coach. Then the next game he would have Von Miller dropping into coverage on almost every 3rd down instead of getting after the quarterback and we would watch pass after pass completed. Or the times that it is 3rd and short and we have our Corners playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. I would be screaming at the tv as it just made no sense at all as the quarterback would just drop back and make the quick pass for 5 yards every time. He just seems like a guy that is too afraid of making a mistake that he ends up making a mistake kind of ordeal.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought a more extensive search should have been made. I thought offensive mind was needed. yeah he did ok in Denver but you have to look at the roster on defense they had. von miller, Demarcus ware, decent corners. hes got Khalil mack. and not much else on defense. I really think this is stepping stone to getting reggie fired and a more accomplished GM and coach will arrive after 2 years

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
test

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this hiring coincides with his NFL Network special; "What's a blitz, the Jack Del Rio story."

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a chain of Taco stands ??

Jack Del Rio's

For some reason that just sounds solid.

"Guys where we going after drinking tonight?"

"Let's go to Del Rios"