• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J.J. Watt Released

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets to play for a contender & against his brothers twice per season. Win-win for what he's after.

Holy mutha fuckin' shit!!!! You called the Browns a contender. That's gotta be a sign of the apocolypse right?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy mutha fuckin' shit!!!! You called the Browns a contender. That's gotta be a sign of the apocolypse right?
Slapping the Steelers around 2 weeks in a row to send them packing in January, and then nearly defeating the Chiefs in the divisional round... Yea they are going to be a problem in the AFC next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course teams like the Bills and Titans have ways to create cap space but as of right now:

GB - 19M over cap
TEN - $3M over cap
CHI - $191K over cap
TB - $15M under cap
CLE - $21M under cap
SEA - $2.3M under cap

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slapping the Steelers around 2 weeks in a row to send them packing in January, and then nearly defeating the Chiefs in the divisional round... Yea they are going to be a problem in the AFC next year.

They are winning it all!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you're right. I know I've said this before what what a difference a real HC makes. It's amazing that Stephanski went 11-5 with basically the same team that was 6-10 the previous year.

But I'm still laughing that the Giants promoted Freddie to senior offenisve assistant. WTF does that mean, is he now in charge of getting Joe Judge his morning coffee?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. I know I've said this before what what a difference a real HC makes. It's amazing that Stephanski went 11-5 with basically the same team that was 6-10 the previous year.

But I'm still laughing that the Giants promoted Freddie to senior offenisve assistant. WTF does that mean, is he now in charge of getting Joe Judge his morning coffee?
Stefanski was an underrated hire. I admit I wasn't as high on him at the time. But what a find. Dude literally rewrote the entire Browns program in the matter of a week.

Freddie... He'll probably be in charge of the remote during film review.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stefanski was an underrated hire. I admit I wasn't as high on him at the time. But what a find. Dude literally rewrote the entire Browns program in the matter of a week.

Freddie... He'll probably be in charge of the remote during film review.

I just hope my team can build on their success from last season. Waited a long time, as have other Browns fans, for a successful season. It took so long I forgot what a season like that felt like.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope my team can build on their success from last season. Waited a long time, as have other Browns fans, for a successful season. It took so long I forgot what a season like that felt like.
That's the real challenge. Having a GM & HC that can navigate multiple seasons at a contending level. Time will tell.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the real challenge. Having a GM & HC that can navigate multiple seasons at a contending level. Time will tell.

As long as that fuckin' idiot Jimmy Haslam stays the hell outta the way with any important decisions regarding the team things should keep improving.

But if he ever has another losing bout with stupidity (like when he would pitt employees against each other) the Browns will turn back into a dumpster fire faster than Chubb can run a 40.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Texans would have looked to get a mid-round pick for him but his salary was the main obstacle, I’m assuming. I could see him getting a 2 year deal for $24-28M though with an opton year or something
Im not disputing it was an obstacle. Im stating they didnt even try.... most dismissing it simply bc of the contract.... teams still “try”...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not disputing it was an obstacle. Im stating they didnt even try.... most dismissing it simply bc of the contract.... teams still “try”...
Do we know for a fact they didn’t try? Just curious but even if they did look it wasn’t very hard. Definitely a head-scratcher

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @SteelersPride @Pure Steel

Ya know kinda tired of all the success your team has had for far too long. Being 100% unbiased and everything I think it's time they take a step back. Like back to say '85 to '88 when they missed the playoffs all four years. Oh the good old days!

BigBen needs to retire. Really tired of looking at the guy. Seems like he's been around for a quarter of a century. I say give Rudolph a 10 year contract, he deserves it. And now I've changed my mind on Tomlin. Too successful. He should have been fired yesterday. And get rid of some of the talent on the defensive side. Fitzpartick, Watt, Heyward. All would look better in a different uniform.

#unsober

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya know kinda tired of all the success your team has had for far too long. Being 100% unbiased and everything I think it's time they take a step back. Like back to say '85 to '88 when they missed the playoffs all four years. Oh the good old days!

BigBen needs to retire. Really tired of looking at the guy. Seems like he's been around for a quarter of a century. I say give Rudolph a 10 year contract, he deserves it. And now I've changed my mind on Tomlin. Too successful. He should have been fired yesterday. And get rid of some of the talent on the defensive side. Fitzpartick, Watt, Heyward. All would look better in a different uniform.

#unsober

#unsober
Lolol i think ben does hang em up. Rudolph lol yeah extend him, he has supporters in this board. If you listen to steeer fans they want tomlins head!

the d i think youre gonna have to live with but it will regress some, cant sty that good for more than a few years

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolol i think ben does hang em up. Rudolph lol yeah extend him, he has supporters in this board. If you listen to steeer fans they want tomlins head!

the d i think youre gonna have to live with but it will regress some, cant sty that good for more than a few years

BigBen's had a helluva career and the HOF is waiting. But man did he look bad the end of the season. If I remember he started off okay. But like fell off a cliff or something. Is that accurate?

As far as Tomlin. Maybe it's just that he's run his course in Pittsburgh. Alotta success. Not many down times. But sometimes change is neceassary. This could be an example of that.

As far as the D were they 100% all season or did the injury bug nag them?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigBen's had a helluva career and the HOF is waiting. But man did he look bad the end of the season. If I remember he started off okay. But like fell off a cliff or something. Is that accurate?

As far as Tomlin. Maybe it's just that he's run his course in Pittsburgh. Alotta success. Not many down times. But sometimes change is neceassary. This could be an example of that.

As far as the D were they 100% all season or did the injury bug nag them?

Big Ben threw the ball 296x in his last 6 games with no thought of running the ball whatsoever.....That was a bad recipe which needs to be addressed in the draft or free agency if someone is available.....I understand the Tomlin love/hate relationship, but a winning record and shitting their pants in the playoffs has to stop.....As for the D, they looked tired at the end of the season and the Steelers offense wasn’t much help keeping them off the field....as for the injuries, losing Bush was huge, he controlled the middle of the field and could play sideline to sideline.....the Redskin game was a prime example of how the LB’s lacked any kind coverage ability and losing Dupree really hurt as well in pressure off the edge....they will have some work in the off season patching up these issues depending on who they lose off the roster