• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iwakuma Done As A Mariner/Felix Sorry

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to start a new thread so putting it here.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a damn shame that Felix's prime years, wait entire career have been wasted playing for such crap teams.

It sucks to see him struggle now and how some are treating him over it when he's been one of the only bright spots we have had in the last 20 years.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to miss Kuma- Wonder if he'll show up to watch his "ex" team play Oakland at his homeland next spring? The whole situation with Kuma was so typical Mariners. He gets hired back after the Dodgers dumped him cuz he could pass their physical, sticks around for all the medical treatment/rehab work and then bolts back to his homeland to return to pitching. Once again the M's organization has weird shit going on. Ichiro is the "assistant to the chairman"? This organization is a complete joke trying to have a professional sports team? :L

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to start a new thread so putting it here.

I mean Felix was not good this year, but he is NOT the reason the Mariners missed the playoffs this year. The M's supposed to be ace has an ERA of almost 4. The manager mishandles almost every situation. And how many runners have the M's left on third with less than two outs. Does ESB keep track of that? They MUST have set a record this year. The playoffs were there this year, and this was an entire team effort to fuck it up.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makeing the team suffer with long contracts...maybe a thing of the past...or at least have outs...ssshhhheeessshh

everyone else does it but the mariners cant figure out how

example johnny cueto SF..has outs in contract

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate what Kuma did for this team and I think this the best move for both parties.

I got nothing more to say regarding Felix. We have one more year to endure of him next year. No more hoping he finds it, no more off season program, no more whatever. He is what he is. Get thru next year and then say good bye. No need to make this more of a thing then it already is.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Felix was not good this year, but he is NOT the reason the Mariners missed the playoffs this year. The M's supposed to be ace has an ERA of almost 4. The manager mishandles almost every situation. And how many runners have the M's left on third with less than two outs. Does ESB keep track of that? They MUST have set a record this year. The playoffs were there this year, and this was an entire team effort to fuck it up.

He's the not the reason they missed the playoffs no. However this organization put themselves in a situation where he hurt the team more then he needed too. He was pegged as the number 2 starter in this rotation meaning the organization was banking on him being an above average starter. Not only should he not have been that but when he was clearly struggling and needed to be removed from the rotation, they had no one else because the GM things acquiring starters isn't important. He made 2 or 3 more starts then he should have when this team was still in the race.

But this just isn't a very good team. They are probably what a lot of us thought which is a 75-85 win team that may end up with a little more because of a bunch of 1 run wins.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate what Kuma did for this team and I think this the best move for both parties.

I got nothing more to say regarding Felix. We have one more year to endure of him next year. No more hoping he finds it, no more off season program, no more whatever. He is what he is. Get thru next year and then say good bye. No need to make this more of a thing then it already is.

I still disagree with the he is what he is. There are ton of guys who don't throw hard that are top 2 starters. Felix just hasnt adjusted like he should have. I still think it he actually listens and dedicates himself to slowing down his changeup (call up Moyer or something) and work on command over adrenaline he can still be a top 2-3 starter.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lima had a great year with us in2012... Excited that he’s been very solid as well. Can’t complain about his career in Seattle he exceeded expectations in every which way and how... What time for him to MoveOn especially since my Spokane Indians shelf him last weekend in single-A playoffs

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still disagree with the he is what he is. There are ton of guys who don't throw hard that are top 2 starters. Felix just hasnt adjusted like he should have. I still think it he actually listens and dedicates himself to slowing down his changeup (call up Moyer or something) and work on command over adrenaline he can still be a top 2-3 starter.

I don't doubt he has the physical tools but if its not happening between ears it wont happen. We've thrown out every scenario for three years and keep asking him to "reinvent himself." He hasn't shown any indication that he is capable of that. Just a couple of months ago he quoted himself to saying "I am just like Verlander outside of the 1st inning." Look I love Felix and its been hard to watch him but I have see it to believe it now. Maybe he can still be a top 2-3 starter but you are foolish if you build a team to rely on that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt he has the physical tools but if its not happening between ears it wont happen. We've thrown out every scenario for three years and keep asking him to "reinvent himself." He hasn't shown any indication that he is capable of that. Just a couple of months ago he quoted himself to saying "I am just like Verlander outside of the 1st inning." Look I love Felix and its been hard to watch him but I have see it to believe it now. Maybe he can still be a top 2-3 starter but you are foolish if you build a team to rely on that.

I guess I didn't hear that interview, if he uses Verlander than there is no hope. He needs to think of himself like Greinke or a top guy like that where he doesn't rely on velocity. Verlander really is a trash pitcher when he doesn't throw 98 just like he showed when he dropped to mid 90's, but somehow he got it back. Felix won't ever get that back.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, felix alone wasn't the cause of this disappointing end of the season. It was a series of things. It is a team built around some cast offs, over the hill, and questionable health players with NO DEPTH AT ALL BEHIND THEM. When you are trotting out Romine with any injury or day off, you are in TROUBLE. They are in this situation because Servais simply can't manage a pitching staff. At all. Even a little.

But it seems no one here is talking about that other big 3000lb gorilla in the room. Robbie entirely fucked this team. Sure, some of you dismissed it when they went on a winning streak in his absence, but how do you feel about it now? How many of those lost games would have been wins? Having that extra infielder would have prevented how many games we ended up seeing Romine and other scrubs? Would robbie have been able to bring them back up to playing at a high level after the AS break or help them out of some of those losing streaks? And maybe the biggest piece, you had Gordon moved into CF to start your season and had to have all of that fucky bullshit with moving him back to second and try to figure out what role robbie could play when he returned.

Felix was one small piece in a giant pie of failure for this year, but the cherry on top is named Cano. That guy killed 2018.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The M's no doubt had many issues to deal with and I pretty much agree with your assessment. IMO the biggest issue with the Mariners are dealing with is that they have absolutely no PRIDE....none, zippo. So refreshing to see the Storm celebrating this past weekend. Made me realize the Mariners just don't have any pride whatsoever. These guys are paid way to much, and just like the ownership, it's the money that drives everything. The Mariners are suffering from the "poor self concept" syndrome. There are only a few players I have any respect for. Haniger is one and probably Diaz is another and maybe Zunino too. Most of the players are snobby, egotistical, first class assholes. Zero respect for them. Can't stand Servais and Dipoto is a fucking, lying politician.