• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've seen the light and it is purple

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided to switch team affiliation. I grew up a Cowboys fan. Right as I was getting into sports the Walker trade was reaping benefits for them. Growing up in southern Oklahoma it was Chiefs or Boys. The Nigerian Nightmare was solid but Aikman, Smith, and Irvin were the shit. So Dallas it was. 15 years in the North including a decade in Minnesota and my heart looks elsewhere. They had Dez as their superstar which kept me around but when they cut him I realized he was better off elsewhere and so was I. I debated opening my fandom recruitment nationwide but although I'm a transplant Minnesota is where I'll raise my kids. The Saints playoff game I told myself I had no dog in the fight but was screaming at the top of my lungs when Diggs caught that ball. The Super Bowl was the ultimate ice pick to the heart for a Dallas fan but to be honest Gary Anderson threw a bigger ice pick to the heart of a certain fan base so many years ago.

I officially renounce my Cowboys allegiance.

VIKGNV101000_Z_grande.jpg

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided to switch team affiliation. I grew up a Cowboys fan. Right as I was getting into sports the Walker trade was reaping benefits for them. Growing up in southern Oklahoma it was Chiefs or Boys. The Nigerian Nightmare was solid but Aikman, Smith, and Irvin were the shit. So Dallas it was. 15 years in the North including a decade in Minnesota and my heart looks elsewhere. They had Dez as their superstar which kept me around but when they cut him I realized he was better off elsewhere and so was I. I debated opening my fandom recruitment nationwide but although I'm a transplant Minnesota is where I'll raise my kids. The Saints playoff game I told myself I had no dog in the fight but was screaming at the top of my lungs when Diggs caught that ball. The Super Bowl was the ultimate ice pick to the heart for a Dallas fan but to be honest Gary Anderson threw a bigger ice pick to the heart of a certain fan base so many years ago.

View attachment 185024

giphy.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, even if the Vikes go to the playoffs once in the next decade, they'll still be your team?
:hmm:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be accepting of it, but only if you'd still be a fan if they went 3-13 this season instead of closer to 2017's 13-3.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be accepting of it, but only if you'd still be a fan if they went 3-13 this season instead of closer to 2017's 13-3.

I live here. I've announced this to the locals so I'm stuck.

I've toyed with the idea for a while-thought about "opening up my recruitment" so to speak. But the reality is I'd be looking at teams I have no emotional connection to, so me saying I'm looking at the Jags or Rams would seem like me turning into a frontrunner. I've lived here for over a decade and for the first time in a while have freedom on Sundays to watch. It's time

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, even if the Vikes go to the playoffs once in the next decade, they'll still be your team?
:hmm:

I'm good. I'm not giving up my Rangers fandom for the Twins. I'll cheer for them but if we get an ACLS matchup I'm showing my ass to everyone at work when the Rangers advance. Aside from a couple of years early in the decade (game 6 against the Cardinals-fuck a duck on that) this has generally been a hard team to love. I'm loyal there and this is no different.

I'll admit this is gonna take some getting used to but I'm good.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good. I'm not giving up my Rangers fandom for the Twins. I'll cheer for them but if we get an ACLS matchup I'm showing my ass to everyone at work when the Rangers advance. Aside from a couple of years early in the decade (game 6 against the Cardinals-fuck a duck on that) this has generally been a hard team to love. I'm loyal there and this is no different.

I'll admit this is gonna take some getting used to but I'm good.

i'm sorry, i just can't jive with what you're selling. once you're an adult, the team you picked as a youth is YOUR TEAM, period. this "welllllll, maybe i'll open up recruitment" faggotry is nothing but hoyty-toyty bullshit. congratulations on your new team, you turncoat son of a bitch. i hope you choke on a viking horn.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sorry, i just can't jive with what you're selling. once you're an adult, the team you picked as a youth is YOUR TEAM, period. this "welllllll, maybe i'll open up recruitment" faggotry is nothing but hoyty-toyty bullshit. congratulations on your new team, you turncoat son of a bitch. i hope you choke on a viking horn.

Damn I can't click both funny and winner for this.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the fuck do you root for in the NFL?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean seriously you can fuck off.

This isn't some droider bullshit where I love 14 teams and they all happened to make the playoffs last year. I've been thinking about this for a while and by making an official declaration an trying to be true to how I really feel. I was into Limp Bizkit when I was 14. Am I a shithead for realizing 25 years later they sucked? I'm an Oklahoma native but at this point 100% Minnesotan. who are you to judge me for supporting the local team?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this team goes 3-13, I think we should all jump ship

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team goes 3-13, I think we should all jump ship

You reek of rotten, moldy cheese forgotten in the back of the fridge for months. You should really take care of that.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You reek of rotten, moldy cheese forgotten in the back of the fridge for months. You should really take care of that.

HAHAHAAA, maybe the best post in hoop history because.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 185024

Welcome aboard. I hope you are ready for a life of disappointment!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously you can fuck off.

This isn't some droider bullshit where I love 14 teams and they all happened to make the playoffs last year. I've been thinking about this for a while and by making an official declaration an trying to be true to how I really feel. I was into Limp Bizkit when I was 14. Am I a shithead for realizing 25 years later they sucked? I'm an Oklahoma native but at this point 100% Minnesotan. who are you to judge me for supporting the local team?

realizing that a garbage band you liked as an adolescent is actually terrible garbage, is not even close to the same thing as sports team allegiances. whatever, it's pathetic that you felt the need to even make this "official" on here with your "declaration". you'll get no support from me, you pathetic posing piece of shit. might as well see if admin can get your screen name changed to "vikinginexile", i suppose?

"oooh! the vikings went 13-3 last season, i think i'll be a fan of them now! how convenient!"

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
realizing that a garbage band you liked as an adolescent is actually terrible garbage, is not even close to the same thing as sports team allegiances. whatever, it's pathetic that you felt the need to even make this "official" on here with your "declaration". you'll get no support from me, you pathetic posing piece of shit. might as well see if admin can get your screen name changed to "vikinginexile", i suppose?

"oooh! the vikings went 13-3 last season, i think i'll be a fan of them now! how convenient!"

Calm down man, what the fuck. Why do you care?