• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's official: Roquan out with a torn pectoral

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already unofficial pretty much since the close of Thursday's game, but this does make it official.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ed_reserve_with_torn_pectoral/s1_127_30758444

The only person happy with this development might be Danny Trevathan's agent. If there were question marks about another contract next year for Danny, Smith's injury may have quelled them. Pec injuries are nasty and could very well have him opening the season on IR. It would be very tough opening the '20 season without the two ILBs who were the starters in '19. We have depth at the positions, but not Smith/Trevathan depth by any stretch.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already unofficial pretty much since the close of Thursday's game, but this does make it official.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ed_reserve_with_torn_pectoral/s1_127_30758444

The only person happy with this development might be Danny Trevathan's agent. If there were question marks about another contract next year for Danny, Smith's injury may have quelled them. Pec injuries are nasty and could very well have him opening the season on IR. It would be very tough opening the '20 season without the two ILBs who were the starters in '19. We have depth at the positions, but not Smith/Trevathan depth by any stretch.

This...displeases me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Trevathan could return this week. Nagy talked about it at his presser and there's rumblings about him practicing.

I'm not very worried about Roquan's 2020 at this juncture.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Trevathan could return this week. Nagy talked about it at his presser and there's rumblings about him practicing.

I'm not very worried about Roquan's 2020 at this juncture.
You should be. Pec tears are almost on par with TJ injuries when it comes to recuping and missing time. It generally takes 4-6 months before a person can even begin general exercising. Not football practice, just normal, basic exercising. I'm not writing Smith off for all of 2020, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say he could start the season on IR.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be. Pec tears are almost on par with TJ injuries when it comes to recuping and missing time. It generally takes 4-6 months before a person can even begin general exercising. Not football practice, just normal, basic exercising. I'm not writing Smith off for all of 2020, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say he could start the season on IR.

I'm a trainer. My sister is an orthopedic surgeon (works with a lot of athletes and wishes to be a sports surgeon one day soon). She's currently in Columbia, South Carolina. She actually just had a follow up appointment with Javon Kinlaw (1st round projected D lineman) from his hip surgery last year.

There's so much that we don't know about his injury. Was it the front delt or sternal portion that was torn? If the sternal portion. Was it the pectoral major? Pectoral minor? Exactly how severe was it?

This isn't a shot at anyone. I get why people do it... but... One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing football fans talking out of their ass and regurgitating something they read. Like after the Tua injury. I nearly lost my mind hearing people compare it to Bo Jackson. It simply wasn't comparable. People have no access to his MRI results, physician diagnosis, etc. but they just say shit. Most of the time, the reaction is far more panicky than is warranted. Why? People love to the hot take and it's more interesting to talk about.

I always text my sister (a football fan also) after big injuries. We communicate on a lot of stuff. If I have a client and need some help understanding an injury better, etc. She's obviously smarter than I am. lol. With most torn pecs that require surgery it's 3-6 weeks in a sling while beginning light physical therapy during that time. Heavier physical therapy can begin after. Working towards resuming athletic activity inside of 6 months. Many do this in 4 or 5 months. Again, it depends on how and where it was torn. We just don't know. People also all heal differently.

There's just absolutely nothing at this juncture to indicate that he will even miss camp. Which is roughly 9 months away. The story has not even begun to develop yet. That won't begin until he begins physical therapy. Some people are amazing with how quickly they heal. Some people have setbacks.

If you hear reports nearing camp that he may miss time. Then, sure... be a little concerned. But now? No way.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense has taken some enormous hits this season. Ugh. Roquon was finally playing like a man too.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a trainer. My sister is an orthopedic surgeon (works with a lot of athletes and wishes to be a sports surgeon one day soon). She's currently in Columbia, South Carolina. She actually just had a follow up appointment with Javon Kinlaw (1st round projected D lineman) from his hip surgery last year.

There's so much that we don't know about his injury. Was it the front delt or sternal portion that was torn? If the sternal portion. Was it the pectoral major? Pectoral minor? Exactly how severe was it?

This isn't a shot at anyone. I get why people do it... but... One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing football fans talking out of their ass and regurgitating something they read. Like after the Tua injury. I nearly lost my mind hearing people compare it to Bo Jackson. It simply wasn't comparable. People have no access to his MRI results, physician diagnosis, etc. but they just say shit. Most of the time, the reaction is far more panicky than is warranted. Why? People love to the hot take and it's more interesting to talk about.

I always text my sister (a football fan also) after big injuries. We communicate on a lot of stuff. If I have a client and need some help understanding an injury better, etc. She's obviously smarter than I am. lol. With most torn pecs that require surgery it's 3-6 weeks in a sling while beginning light physical therapy during that time. Heavier physical therapy can begin after. Working towards resuming athletic activity inside of 6 months. Many do this in 4 or 5 months. Again, it depends on how and where it was torn. We just don't know. People also all heal differently.

There's just absolutely nothing at this juncture to indicate that he will even miss camp. Which is roughly 9 months away. The story has not even begun to develop yet. That won't begin until he begins physical therapy. Some people are amazing with how quickly they heal. Some people have setbacks.

If you hear reports nearing camp that he may miss time. Then, sure... be a little concerned. But now? No way.

*tears well up*

I am comforted by a richi post.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First paragraph might have a HIPAA violation

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshotted for future blackmail.

3j008w.jpg