• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: It's Hard To Cheer For Idiots

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB just fired their coach. Any way this could happen to MP? Probably not, but this is the mind set I've had to assume for the last 50 years.:gaah:

How about OC? Not sure he would take it but he got a raw deal in GB IMO. He might want to get back at them. We certainly could use an offensive mind around here. The defense is already shaping up with minimal talent.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but I cant believe he is that stupid. When you check to a play it is because you see something that can work.

Or you check down because your first read wasn't open/got blown up/didn't develop properly.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you check down because your first read wasn't open/got blown up/didn't develop properly.

It was pretty quick. It might have been his second read. If it was then it was a bad decision. No way you do that late in the 4th down by 10 at mid field. Better to scramble and risk a sack or turnover and try to make something happen. Forced to punt and only got the ball back 1 more time.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership has been a common denominator yes.

Anywho, Caldwell had 1 good season when the Lions still had Megatron and thats it. And that was with one of the easiest schedules in the league. He had no long term plan. He was status quo guy. He had no success without Manning either. Lions were just treading water with him. He had plenty of time to get better. They got worse

And they are getting better now????

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. It was just stupid. Suh had a pretty bad game. It was magnified by how much better Donald's was.

Donald is that much better than everyone on the field. Suh still has some game and he’s doing his job which helps AD

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are getting better now????

Its been 3/4 of a season. The defense is already getting better. You dont change an entire scheme on both offense and defense overnight. The run game is much better already. The run defense is also better.

If the Lions just kept the status quo and not made any moves or changed anything they could have easily gone 7-9 or 8-8 this year. The problem is thats all they would ever be going forward if they did that.

The Patriot way is a slow process. It didnt happen overnight in NE either. Pats were 5-11 year 1 under BB.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been 3/4 of a season. The defense is already getting better. You dont change an entire scheme on both offense and defense overnight. The run game is much better already. The run defense is also better.

If the Lions just kept the status quo and not made any moves or changed anything they could have easily gone 7-9 or 8-8 this year. The problem is thats all they would ever be going forward if they did that.

The Patriot way is a slow process. It didnt happen overnight in NE either. Pats were 5-11 year 1 under BB.

OK...a ''grass is always greener thing'' in your eyes, I guess.
I just wonder how many people said the EXACT same thing under the myriad of other regimes that passed thru Detroit and the Lion's franchise. There always seems like there is a lot of initial hope and shiny dreams and then you end up with another GM, head coach(s), asst coaches, and tarnished draft picks leaving town.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about OC? Not sure he would take it but he got a raw deal in GB IMO. He might want to get back at them. We certainly could use an offensive mind around here. The defense is already shaping up with minimal talent.

He is probably better than Cooter but I am always wearing of offensive guys coming from GB. How much is it really Aaron Rodgers improvising and making incredibly pinpoint passes and how much was play design?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is probably better than Cooter but I am always wearing of offensive guys coming from GB. How much is it really Aaron Rodgers improvising and making incredibly pinpoint passes and how much was play design?

There is a risk sure. But it is also a backup plan if MP flames out in a couple years. In the meantime he adds NFL leadership experience to this staff which is sorely lacking.