• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its Getting Hard To Watch NFL Games

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea. Although perhaps not as good this is why I like watching a lot of games at bars where you can't hear the sound for a lot of games & can simply converse w/ others. The current MNF lineup is one of the worst. This has gone from must see TV to absolute crap in terms of the broadcast team (wasn't good last season either - Gruden is terrible).

For starters someone needs to tell Booger McFarland that he is a sideline reporter & not in the booth so perhaps he needs to keep his mouth shut a bit more. Just an awful broadcast that is quite often packaged w/ a terrible game.

Strongly dislike bar viewing, since it's live.

I also avoid things like Super Bowl parties. Too many yappy mrschaneys in attendance.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep calling it the Rodgers rule? It wasnt the reason CMIII was flagged. Trying thinking for a change rather than just taking the easy road.

Because it was created after Rodgers broke his collar bone last year after being pancaked....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nahh I'll pass, I want to see the entire drive.

You see a lot more than you think, including full, or near full drives. Especially in crucial situations.

It's more or less keeping you involved in the action of every game. Once there is a commercial, replay, replay of another game, review of a call etc...they cut away so action somewhere else then come back when the lull is over. Sometimes they show multiple live games at once. You literally miss nothing. I see 95% important shit live every week. And the stuff they miss they show you 3 seconds later. "Red Zone" is just a fancy name. It's really live action football non stop for 12 hours straight.

It's made me a better fan. I know every team, just about every player etc...for me watching football has never been more fun.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is the penalties I guess, but I'm finding that if it doesn't involve PIT or my hometown Falcons...unless it's a great game, I can take it or leave it. There was a time when any NFL game was must see TV for me...not anymore.
Agreed. Same for me.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nahh I'll pass, I want to see the entire drive.

Sunday Ticket is the ticket.

But to do it right you need multi-record capability. My PVR will do 6 at once.

My brother has two of those babies on same cable network in his home and can record 12 at once.

With no commercials, halftimes, etc. and skipping between plays, 4-5 games can easily be viewed in total before the afternoon games begin, more or less......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people bitch too much and always have. The commentators, the officials... "WAH!"... "I don't want to look up what a catch is! So I'll just say nobody knows what it is!" I do! I also did last year before they changed it. The Jesse James catch was obvious.

Same shit, new year... people act like it's different and outrageous, though.

You're all bitching, moaning dip shits. Yes, the Clay call was bad. Show me a season where there wasn't poor calls... in any sport.

You all have acted like this for years. I don't like the helmet rule, but... what has there been? Two of those.

I'd rather not see some of these either, but christ... it's not that bad.

Fuckin grow up... the whole lot of you.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people bitch too much and always have. The commentators, the officials... "WAH!"... "I don't want to look up what a catch is! So I'll just say nobody knows what it is!" I do! I also did last year before they changed it. The Jesse James catch was obvious.

You're all bitching, moaning dip shits. Yes, the Clay call was bad. Show me a season where there wasn't poor calls... in any sport.

You all have acted like this for years. I don't like the helmet rule, but... what has there been? Two of those.

You need a snickers.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed. it's always something new every year that fans, players, coaches, etc bitch about ....

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clay Mathews penalty was incredible. Fuck it, just give the QBs flag belts already.

I actually think maybe they should start reviewing late hit and roughing the passer calls so they can reverse some.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. it's always something new every year that fans, players, coaches, etc bitch about ....

In the Monday Night game. There was one personal foul, a blatant facemask. No roughing calls and even a few holds that could have easily been called - but were not. There was only a couple defensive holding calls. I can't remember one time that I thought the officials did anything incorrect. I can't remember one call that would have been made any differently in the 80's, 90's, 00's or what have you.

People notice the few games/calls here and there that they can legitimately bitch about. However, they don't even stop to realize that the vast, VAAAAST majority of games go by completely undecided by officials or any other outside force. Not to mention, like I said - there's always been those games in every season where some bull shit happens.

Yes, they should do something about the rule that screwed the Pack. However, this stuff isn't impacting the sport as much as you think.

If you look at penalties per play going back. It doesn't change much... but every year people act like the sport is coming to an end.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I dozed off in the 1Q of the MNF game this week...woke up at the half...watched the 1st series in the 3Q, turned it off and went to bed.

Not me!

Watching the Wee One scamper about trying to avoid decapitation makes me excited......

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument, yet that's why they they called the rule that it wasn't the Rodgers Rule.
Which means the CMIII hit has nothing to do with the Barr hit on Rodgers last season. Its lazy to think otherwise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me!

Watching the Wee One scamper about trying to avoid decapitation makes me excited......

Well...I'm an early riser...so anything after 11p, if it was worth DVRing, I'm normally catching it the next morning...lol