• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its Getting Hard To Watch NFL Games

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s worse is that commentators usually wait until the play is over to tell you about the flag. Double f you to the audience

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s worse is that commentators usually wait until the play is over to tell you about the flag. Double f you to the audience
I hate that.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find the most annoying is when there is a lack of replay during the live broadcast for a blatant bad call. Almost like the networks know the Refs suck and don't think we are smart enough to go online to get the replay somewhere else.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am wondering if the NFL refs are now being paid by TV appearance time? If so this logic makes too much sense now.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one that kills me is the guys not knowing the rules. I think it was Big Ben running and throws the ball as he's about to pass the LOS, and I keep telling my wife, I wonder if his back foot was past the line. And they are talking about where the ball is released at.

I told her "I guess they changed that rule this year and I missed it". Then it's called a TD and they didn't seem to get it for a while. All I kept thinking is all the stations have a top ref or former head of refereeing watching their games to explain this stuff if the announcers aren't sure on the rule.

Like half the catch rule "controversies" were announcers not knowing the rule they had. Sure it was a complicated one with multiple parts, but there was a pile of them that simply weren't catches by rule and if they explained the rule correctly it would be obvious. Instead they would still bring up things like "football moves" which hadn't been on the rulebook for a few years.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember Rodgers getting one when he broke his collar bone last year
Man you guys whine a lot, and then say you do not. Like props in a play that pop up to say dumb things.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, whether it's this or something else, apparently a lot of people are feeling like the NFL is hard to watch. ESPN just had their lowest week 2 Monday Night Football TV ratings ever

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time a play is made the first thing you have to do is look down in the corner of the screen to see if there is a yellow box that says "flag". There is a flag on almost every play and it is really a drag to watch.
Try watching baseball, that is clearly a game created by our government designed to torture us

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much talking all around. Every talking head Chet has an opinion.

Romo makes me want to retch.

It's why I record and skip everything I consider objectionable.

Anthems, halftime shit, etc. And a quick 30 second jump followed by a 10 second back jump pretty much eliminates the Romos between plays....

Good idea. Although perhaps not as good this is why I like watching a lot of games at bars where you can't hear the sound for a lot of games & can simply converse w/ others. The current MNF lineup is one of the worst. This has gone from must see TV to absolute crap in terms of the broadcast team (wasn't good last season either - Gruden is terrible).

For starters someone needs to tell Booger McFarland that he is a sideline reporter & not in the booth so perhaps he needs to keep his mouth shut a bit more. Just an awful broadcast that is quite often packaged w/ a terrible game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try watching baseball, that is clearly a game created by our government designed to torture us

Except for the post season, key late season games & games featuring some type of record or no hitter - I consider baseball games to be background noise. Lots of folks just glance at the screen periodically while doing other things. Heck - this happens quite often at the stadiums. I realize that this may not be the case in diehard areas like St. Louis but certainly occurs in many other cities.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ironic that the Rodgers Rule costs the Pack a win, we all knew that rule was terrible before it was implemented. I'd be more angry but my team never gets pressure on the QB so I doubt it will hurt us.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep calling it the Rodgers rule? It wasnt the reason CMIII was flagged. Trying thinking for a change rather than just taking the easy road.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clay Mathews penalty was incredible. Fuck it, just give the QBs flag belts already.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind live baseball. Being at a game is relaxing but watching it on TV unless its a game I'm really vested in is not so much fun.

Now if they'd speed it up by not allowing both the pitcher and the hitter to wander around the field between each pitch it might be different.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time a play is made the first thing you have to do is look down in the corner of the screen to see if there is a yellow box that says "flag". There is a flag on almost every play and it is really a drag to watch.

Some of it is the penalties I guess, but I'm finding that if it doesn't involve PIT or my hometown Falcons...unless it's a great game, I can take it or leave it. There was a time when any NFL game was must see TV for me...not anymore.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Zone is still the best way to watch. Zero down time.