• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Arenado Time

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Arenado's time has come to be the Rockies everyday 3B. Nelson has been released as of last night. It's been years since the Rockies have had someone who played the hot corner and had power. This should be exciting and looking forward to even more offense from this team.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...should have been up before now but, as they say, better late than never.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for fun facts. Arenado is called up for todays game and a year ago today Harper and Trout get their 1st starts.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...speaking of those two there is no doubt in my mind as to who I'd rather have of the pair...it would Trout without even thinking about it. Coincidently, I can't stand Harper and I wonder if that has anything to do with it...I'm sure it does. Someone has to come up with a nickname for Arenado.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very exciting as I have been more perturbed by Nelson's play each day and have been waiting for Arenado. We do need a good nickname, just as Baby Bull is perfect for Rosario. Btw, was anyone else as annoyed by the baserunning errors as I was last night. An entire promising inning was ruined by mistakes on the basepaths and perhaps cost us the game.

I have a question that has nothing to do with this thread. If you have Chacin on your team, and he is supposed to come back on Friday- would you start him? I am hesitant because sometimes his injuries seem to linger and perhaps he is not so sharp when he first returns? This time it was a pretty minor injury so I am torn. My pitchers who are already down for next week should all be pretty good except for the surprise horrible start resulting in negative points. Do I risk sitting a pretty good pitcher who has been solid with his points, for the chance to have Chacin- who if he is on can bring me really good points. Ah the dilemmas of being an owner who actually cares how his team does (that was a slap at the Monforts and not my fellow fantasy players).

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty cool stat that Arenado is coming up on the same day that Harper and Trout were brought up last year. Who wants to bet that unless Arenado just dominates the league in hitting and looks good defensively- he won't be mentioned as a ROY candidate like those two were on the very day they made it to the major leagues?

A simple aside- Cargo is out of the lineup today. I would normally be sarcastic about messing with Sunday lineups but he has really looked bad at the plate lately so maybe he needs the day off to get back in the groove.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be some adjustment period for him. He has been a bit of a slow starter at each promotion before this so I am not expecting him to come out of the gates as all mighty savior of 3rd base. I expect he should be very productive by year's end given his history but the first month or two may be a bumpy right and may see him sharing a lot of time with Herrera and Brignac at 3rd.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Rockies will give this young fellow a chance to settle in and get comfortable at the Big League level. It's always nice to see new players come up.

Just, no more HR's against the Dodgers, please!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1