1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It: Chapter 2 (2019) (Stephen King)

Discussion in 'Entertainment: Movies & TV Shows' started by wildturkey, May 9, 2019.

1. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Bill Hader is the fucking man. He is fantastic in Barry and the dude has some serious acting skills.

2. FaCe-LeE-uS

FaCe-LeE-uS Get Back To Work

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,594

This will probably be just the 2nd time I pay for an IMAX movie... Last one I saw was Avatar.

Loved the 1st installment of the remake. Looking forward to this.

3. DarthVedder

DarthVedder Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

IMO, it's nowhere as good as the first one. Big expectations, toned down a bit after reading a few reviews, but it was still a letdown. I wanted to love it and gave it every chance.

It spends too much time with the grownup losers, who are just not that interesting or fun to watch. Also there are a few parts that make zero sense, like the death guy driving around older Bowers. Is it "It", an actual dead guy or part of Bowers' imagination since he's supposed to be insane? I really don't know.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  4. Duffman

Duffman Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 505

Main thought I had about the ending

They essentially bully “IT” to death.

5. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 81,350

Saw it. I like it but it wasn't as good as the first. And its entirely too long. The movie really starts to drag when you realize they are going to revisit every character fear and callbacks from the first one so it just gets predictable and repetitive. I also agree with the reviews that they should have had more Pennywise. Skarsgaard is awesome as him and they don't use him nearly enough in Chapter 2. I'm not exactly sure how they could make the movie better though all that much better though. I've always liked the kids part of It better than the adult section anyway.

Also, the ending

I want my damn space turtle. Sure, it's always been wonky and ridiculous. But I still want my damn space turtle and they failed to deliver

6. mr.hockey4242

mr.hockey4242 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 26,925

Richie and Eddie were the clear bright spots