• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It can be done

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me...

Giolito
*free agent*
Kopech
Lopez
Cease

Next season... and Robert/Madrigal at CF/2B. A couple other little tweaks. A good free agent bat and let's get after it.

I'm ready

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me...

Giolito
*free agent*
Kopech
Lopez
Cease

Next season... and Robert/Madrigal at CF/2B. A couple other little tweaks. A good free agent bat and let's get after it.

I'm ready

Care to venture a guess as to who that FA would be? I know we both like Cole, but I'm saying no chance that we sign him. Maybe you think it can be done. But if not Cole, anyone else on your radar?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to venture a guess as to who that FA would be? I know we both like Cole, but I'm saying no chance that we sign him. Maybe you think it can be done. But if not Cole, anyone else on your radar?

Yeah, I think Cole is possible, but I wouldn't dare wager on it.

I think Wheeler would be an interesting signing. Odorizzi would also be a good, solid signing.

You also have Cole Hamels going on the market, Kuechel, Teheran, Mad-Bum... These guys are less exciting for me. Either due to age or the simple fact that someone will overpay for them. For instance, someone will still throw a lot of cash at Mad-Bum. The guy has had some fantastic post-season runs, but he's not really in the neighborhood of "ace caliber". Just looking at his raw numbers. His name makes him a bit overvalued.

IMO, one of those names will be on the back of a White Sox uniform next year.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Cole is possible, but I wouldn't dare wager on it.

I think Wheeler would be an interesting signing. Odorizzi would also be a good, solid signing.

You also have Cole Hamels going on the market, Kuechel, Teheran, Mad-Bum... These guys are less exciting for me. Either due to age or the simple fact that someone will overpay for them. For instance, someone will still throw a lot of cash at Mad-Bum. The guy has had some fantastic post-season runs, but he's not really in the neighborhood of "ace caliber". Just looking at his raw numbers. His name makes him a bit overvalued.

IMO, one of those names will be on the back of a White Sox uniform next year.

what is it you see in odorizzi? cause i don't see much at all. prior to this year he's a journeyman with a losing record. one decent year with a powerhouse team does not make him very interesting to me.
if they are serious and have any brains they go get gerrit cole. there is NO excuse not to.
other possibilities:
hyun-jin ryu (33 years old but we don't need him for more than a couple years)
quintana ... if the cubs buy him out.
zack wheeler ... only one bad year in 5. shouldn't cost too much.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is it you see in odorizzi? cause i don't see much at all. prior to this year he's a journeyman with a losing record. one decent year with a powerhouse team does not make him very interesting to me.
if they are serious and have any brains they go get gerrit cole. there is NO excuse not to.
other possibilities:
hyun-jin ryu (33 years old but we don't need him for more than a couple years)
quintana ... if the cubs buy him out.
zack wheeler ... only one bad year in 5. shouldn't cost too much.

Yeah, I said Wheeler.

Quintana, there's just no way in holy hell that they don't pickup what's left of that team friendly deal.

Ryu, I thought about adding him. It's not out of the question to be sure. His age doesn't gel with what we are doing, but like you said. We don't need him long.

And I mean... Odorizzi was just really, really good this year and there's no way around it. Good team or not. Forget the record. 3.5 WAR 3.51 ERA 131 ERA+ 3.37 FIP 1.2 WHIP 10.0 K/9. Voted an all-star, but I realize that's not everything.

Over 8 years in the American League:

62-55 (despite playing for a lot of really shitty teams between TB and last year in MIN) 3.81 ERA 1.238 WHIP 8.6 K/9

And he seems to be peaking right now. He's not Cole, but he's a nice alternative along with Wheeler. IMO

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the past 10 seasons prior to this one, 59 teams have posted a run differential of -100 or worse. Of those 59 teams, 9 had a winning record the following season. (Interesting twist: 6 of those 9 made the playoffs).

The odds are not in our favor. So I wouldn't count any chickens.

If we lay an egg in 2020, I'd bet dollars to donuts that we would drop some more good players that are on the current MLB team for "stud prospects" in trades/free agency in the name of improving the overall roster during offseason of 2021. Sale lite, if you will. So yeah, it would be nice to buck the trend. I don't really care to hear about how we did the right thing as we continue losing over and over and over again by regs on this forum. Just win ChiSox, despite the odds. kthnx.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the past 10 seasons prior to this one, 59 teams have posted a run differential of -100 or worse. Of those 59 teams, 9 had a winning record the following season. (Interesting twist: 6 of those 9 made the playoffs).

The odds are not in our favor. So I wouldn't count any chickens.

If we lay an egg in 2020, I'd bet dollars to donuts that we would drop some more good players that are on the current MLB team for "stud prospects" in trades/free agency in the name of improving the overall roster during offseason of 2021. Sale lite, if you will. So yeah, it would be nice to buck the trend. I don't really care to hear about how we did the right thing as we continue losing over and over and over again by regs on this forum. Just win ChiSox, despite the odds. kthnx.

I'm happy that they win now and that the days of this type of Jiddy/Iddy posting is over.

For the time being... lol

God, you guys just couldn't grasp what the team was doing. I'm sorry. But this stuff still gets me. And this isn't even one of the bad threads.

Whatever. Let the good times roll.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy that they win now and that the days of this type of Jiddy/Iddy posting is over.

For the time being... lol

God, you guys just couldn't grasp what the team was doing. I'm sorry. But this stuff still gets me. And this isn't even one of the bad threads.

Whatever. Let the good times roll.

Well you said the Reds weren't sh*tty so we're basically even imo.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is all in - on these White Sox!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, richi is right...This is like the sh*ttiest bump thread ever. Should have picked something more spicy. Step up your game jabroni.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know any posts existed - Pre-Mingo. ;)

You fellas obviously needed help. :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this just reminds me 'm glad we didn't go for odorizzi
Have to agree. On my preseason shopping list, he was right behind Zack Wheeler in FA pitchers to obtain. He's been battling injuries almost from day one since the start of the season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know any posts existed - Pre-Mingo. ;)

You fellas obviously needed help. :)

Here, I'll catch you up to everything you missed prior to season start:

iddy and richi pre-ignore slapass (You probably know this happened already. This is like the "you" understood rule in English grammar.)

Jiddy: "We suck and will never be good again. Bring back real players like Chris Sale. The end is nigh. You optimistic pricks are delusional. Yoan Moncada couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Michael Kopech is a never will be."

richi/LSD: No we don't suck and yes we will be good again. Yoan will be MVP. Chris Sale trade was best ever. You know what Jiddy? You suck and don't know sh*t. But we would have your manbabies." (The last sentence is the most true part ftr)

iddy: "Sox blow. And will continue to blow until Reinsdorf is gone. I hopes he dies and burns in the eternal pits of hell."

richi: Pick any f*cking obscure non-elite player or team in baseball and he was making arguments no casual fan would come within 250 feet of about how they're not average/sh*tty, but special. LONG arguments. Like, "oh my God somebody text me that there's an emergency so I can escape this blind date" arguments. (God help us all at those times he's right...and thus here we are in this thread)

LSD: Agreed with 99% of posts on the board, but you could sense within the tone of his writing that he wanted to tell everyone to stfu and he's right and here is why. This continues to this day. I await the day of reckoning when he flips sh*t and vomits out a glorious wall of posting full of pure anger, hatespew and hellfire/tarnation. Full blown Michael Douglas in Falling Down level posting glory. I hope I'm the target. *crosses fingers*

ChiSoxFan: "F*ck all this noise...I'll see you guys during the season"

msgkings: *sized up championship rings*

You're welcome.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, I'll catch you up to everything you missed prior to season start:

iddy and richi pre-ignore slapass (You probably know this happened already. This is like the "you" understood rule in English grammar.)

Jiddy: "We suck and will never be good again. Bring back real players like Chris Sale. The end is nigh. You optimistic pricks are delusional. Yoan Moncada couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Michael Kopech is a never will be."

richi/LSD: No we don't suck and yes we will be good again. Yoan will be MVP. Chris Sale trade was best ever. You know what Jiddy? You suck and don't know sh*t. But we would have your manbabies." (The last sentence is the most true part ftr)

iddy: "Sox blow. And will continue to blow until Reinsdorf is gone. I hopes he dies and burns in the eternal pits of hell."

richi: Pick any f*cking obscure non-elite player or team in baseball and he was making arguments no casual fan would come within 250 feet of about how they're not average/sh*tty, but special. LONG arguments. Like, "oh my God somebody text me that there's an emergency so I can escape this blind date" arguments. (God help us all at those times he's right...and thus here we are in this thread)

LSD: Agreed with 99% of posts on the board, but you could sense within the tone of his writing that he wanted to tell everyone to stfu and he's right and here is why. This continues to this day. I await the day of reckoning when he flips sh*t and vomits out a glorious wall of posting full of pure anger, hatespew and hellfire/tarnation. Full blown Michael Douglas in Falling Down level posting glory. I hope I'm the target. *crosses fingers*

ChiSoxFan: "F*ck all this noise...I'll see you guys during the season"

msgkings: *sized up championship rings*

You're welcome.
pretty close!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss all the good stuff on the internet.