• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's why i said it was unlikely, not a certainty.
All i know is there is 1 team in the west who has had a national championship since ive been alive :D at least the secleast has had 2 teams

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri could have beaten Arky, Ole Miss, or Miss State. Pretty decent shot against Auburn. Hell, Tennessee beat Auburn.

UK beat Miss State and came damn close to A&M. Would have at least been close with LSU and Auburn, would have beaten Arky and Ole Miss.

UF and UGA could both lose and still easily be ranked.

What's more likely--that UK and Mizzou both draw the strongest opponent possible, or at least one of them gets someone they could beat? You're basically assuming UK gets Bama and Mizzou gets LSU/A&M since they already played Bama.
It's more likely that they both get a game they could win than both getting one they wouldn't.

Mizzou already played Arky. I have no faith they beat MSU. So basically it’s a hope that they draw ole miss. More than likely they draw someone else. 7-5 and they are not ranked.

UK could beat a Couple teams in the west. They could also lose to ole miss and anyone else not named Arkansas. (See Tennessee)

You are out of your mind if you think Missouri has a good chance to draw ole miss. That’s the only team I can see them beating they haven’t played from that side. UK could draw someone easy or tough, that’s more of a coinflip. But you are basically assuming Mizzou draws ole miss and Kentucky draws Arkansas. That’s BS.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou already played Arky. I have no faith they beat MSU. So basically it’s a hope that they draw ole miss. More than likely they draw someone else. 7-5 and they are not ranked.

UK could beat a Couple teams in the west. They could also lose to ole miss and anyone else not named Arkansas. (See Tennessee)

You are out of your mind if you think Missouri has a good chance to draw ole miss. That’s the only team I can see them beating they haven’t played from that side. UK could draw someone easy or tough, that’s more of a coinflip. But you are basically assuming Mizzou draws ole miss and Kentucky draws Arkansas. That’s BS.
You're not basing your opinion on anything factual. It's pretty clear that you didn't watch much SEC football for you to just write off possible wins. Not that I'd except you to, not being a fan of a team in the conference.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not basing your opinion on anything factual. It's pretty clear that you didn't watch much SEC football for you to just write off possible wins. Not that I'd except you to, not being a fan of a team in the conference.

I’m using math to make my projections. Of course anything can happen. But you are putting a lot of faith in a team like Missouri to beat one of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas AnM or ole miss. On paper the only one they’d win is Ole miss. Considering that’s one of 5, those odds aren’t good. Kentucky is a different story but still the odds of getting ethier ole miss or Arkansas still is less than 50%. Again I’m using math and then how the matchup would look like on paper. It’s pretty clear you’re not understanding anything I’m saying.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m using math to make my projections. Of course anything can happen. But you are putting a lot of faith in a team like Missouri to beat one of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas AnM or ole miss. On paper the only one they’d win is Ole miss. Considering that’s one of 5, those odds aren’t good. Kentucky is a different story but still the odds of getting ethier ole miss or Arkansas still is less than 50%. Again I’m using math and then how the matchup would look like on paper. It’s pretty clear you’re not understanding anything I’m saying.
Your math is based on faulty evaluation of the teams due to not actually watching much of them. There's no reason at all to just assume Mizzou would lose to every team in the west except Ole Miss and Arky if you actually watched the games.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your math is based on faulty evaluation of the teams due to not actually watching much of them. There's no reason at all to just assume Mizzou would lose to every team in the west except Ole Miss and Arky if you actually watched the games.

Who is Mizzou beating from the West? Honestly, who do they beat they haven’t played that you seem to think in your mind they would beat? If you have all the answers give them because your faulty thinking that Mizzou wins against most the teams they haven’t played in the west is pure ignorance.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My math is better than your math and that math is just silly math which trumps all math cuz its the best math you can possibly math about

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Mizzou beating from the West? Honestly, who do they beat they haven’t played that you seem to think in your mind they would beat? If you have all the answers give them because your faulty thinking that Mizzou wins against most the teams they haven’t played in the west is pure ignorance.
I already told you. You've yet to say how many games you've watched, though.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you. You've yet to say how many games you've watched, though.

I’ve watched a few. I watched Mizzou get their dicks kicked in vs Georgia. I watched MSU get blown out by Kentucky. I watched UGA crush Kentucky. An there was one or two more.

So you think Mizzou has a good shot vs the Mississippi schools, anyone else from the west?

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve watched a few. I watched Mizzou get their dicks kicked in vs Georgia. I watched MSU get blown out by Kentucky. I watched UGA crush Kentucky. An there was one or two more.

So you think Mizzou has a good shot vs the Mississippi schools, anyone else from the west?
So you watched MIzzou "get their dicks kicked in" by 14 whole points by Georgia in a game that was filled with Mizzou shooting themselves in the foot? Aside from LSU and Bama, Mizzou played UGA better than anyone.

MSU getting blown out by UK is probably a pretty good indicator that Mizzou would have a shot.

Auburn has looked either adequate or terrible all year. There's no reason whatsoever to assume they'd win.

LSU would probably win, but it's not a certainty. Same with A&M.

The west isn't that strong this year.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, absolutely. Bama being forced to play Vanderbilt this season would have changed the entire playoff picture.

This is an example you need to look at for the record.

Alabama has played Georgia 1 time in conference since 2008. They aren't scheduled to play again in SEC play till 2020.

Just for reference since 1996 when the Big XII was formed they (Georgia, and Alabama) have played 5 times in 22 years.

It pretty easy to inflate your record when you get an extra cupcake game. Let take cross division games into account for say the Big XII in Nebraska vs Oklahoma. They (Oklahoma and Nebraska) played 8 times in Conference between 1996 and 2010 when they left. They haven't been in the same conference for 8 years, but still have more games against each other than Georgia and Alabama in conference games.

The SEC manipulates their scheduling.

Alabama and Georgia have played 4 times since 2008 total.

2 of those were SEC Championship Games, 1 was the Playoff, and 1 yes 1 time in Conference since 2008.

Last edited:

Sabansjoylessmurderball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an example you need to look at for the record.

Alabama has played Georgia 1 time in conference since 2008. They aren't scheduled to play again in SEC play till 2020.

Just for reference since 1996 when the Big XII was formed they (Georgia, and Alabama) have played 5 times in 22 years.

It pretty easy to inflate your record when you get an extra cupcake game. Let take cross division games into account for say the Big XII in Nebraska vs Oklahoma. They (Oklahoma and Nebraska) played 8 times in Conference between 1996 and 2010 when they left. They haven't been in the same conference for 8 years, but still have more games against each other than Georgia and Alabama in conference games.

The SEC manipulates their scheduling.

Absolutely. It’s all smoke and mirrors. It’s why the SEC gets embarrassed in bowl games, can never win a national championship game, has a horrendous record against all other conferences, and barely maintains P5 conference status. Those inflated records catch them every single season.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. It’s all smoke and mirrors. It’s why the SEC gets embarrassed in bowl games, can never win a national championship game, has a horrendous record against all other conferences, and barely maintains P5 conference status. Those inflated records catch them every single season.

Alabama

Auburn have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have played 83 times. Same Conference since 1895.

Florida have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have only played 40 times. Same Conference since 1912.

Georgia have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have played 69 times. Same Conference since 1895.

Louisiana State have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have played 83 times. Same Conference since 1895.

Mississippi State have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have played 103 times. Same Conference since 1896.

Ole Miss have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have only played 66 times. Same Conference since 1895.

Kentucky have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have only played 40 times. Same Conference since 1895.

Tennessee have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have played 101 times. Same Conference since 1895.

Vanderbilt have been in the same three conferences of SIA, SOCON, and SEC have played 84 times. Same Conference since 1895.

123 years of being in the same conferences, and only 26 years of being in divisions. why is there such a discrepancy in how you have played each tam in your conference?

97 years of no divisions and you have played Kentucky 40 times.

106 years of being in the same Conference as Florida. 80 without divisions, and only 40 meetings

Average of these 9 teams being in Alabama's conference is 120.33 years.

Why play one team 103 times, and another team 40 times? Why be in their conference?

Bamaklingon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 2018 season Florida played 2 FCS Teams.
and it appears Florida will play 2 more FCS teams in 2019 …

Schedule doesn't look that hard to me???
Why is your sorry ass over here?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you watched MIzzou "get their dicks kicked in" by 14 whole points by Georgia in a game that was filled with Mizzou shooting themselves in the foot? Aside from LSU and Bama, Mizzou played UGA better than anyone.

MSU getting blown out by UK is probably a pretty good indicator that Mizzou would have a shot.

Auburn has looked either adequate or terrible all year. There's no reason whatsoever to assume they'd win.

LSU would probably win, but it's not a certainty. Same with A&M.

The west isn't that strong this year.

Mizzou was losing the whole game by 2 scores. It wasn’t nearly as close as you make it out to be. They couldn’t stop UGA. Stop perpetuating them to be some good team just because they beat the shit out of your team.

It is not unreasonable to think they would lose to every team in the west save Arkansas and ole miss. On paper, they certainly would. Stop being a homer.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UF beat MSU. You really can’t see Mizzou beating them?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Auburn

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you want to talk just since the actual Big 10 West formed (2014 )

Big 10 West - 8 ranked teams , 3 Top 10s

SEC East- 8 ranked teams , 2 Top 10s, 1 playoff appearance

I would if I was in the Big 10 West.

What does it look like if you kick Missouri and Nebraska back where they belong.