• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isaiah Thomas agrees to 1-year, $2 million deal with Nuggets

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've lost more than they have gained in the offseason, and that's without Kawhi leaving yet. Losing Tony, Kyle and potentially Kawhi. The team that's left has role players, a decent vet in Gay, and Gasol/LA. Gasol is 38, Manu is 40. They do still have their exceptions, so maybe they can bolster that a bit, but who's left?

Everytime someone doubts the Spurs, they surprise. The age-defying days have to end at some point though.

I don't know. They won't be contenders but I think I'm more in line with @tlance on this. Kawhi didn't play last year and they still won enough games to be in the playoffs. They really haven't lost all that much. Parker is washed. Kyle Anderson is slow, plodding, and not very good. It's sort of humerous that the Grizzlies paid him that much. Dejounte Murray will get more time and is a player I like quite a bit and Lonnie Walker could easily be a midround draft steal so those are gains in my book along with Marco Bellinelli. And they will get something for Kawhi so whether we all agree on how good Derozan (or Fultz or whoever) is, its undoubtable that those players will actually play so by default will give the Spurs more tha Kawhi did.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. They won't be contenders but I think I'm more in line with @tlance on this. Kawhi didn't play last year and they still won enough games to be in the playoffs. They really haven't lost all that much. Parker is washed. Kyle Anderson is slow, plodding, and not very good. It's sort of humerous that the Grizzlies paid him that much. Dejounte Murray will get more time and is a player I like quite a bit and Lonnie Walker could easily be a midround draft steal so those are gains in my book along with Marco Bellinelli. And they will get something for Kawhi so whether we all agree on how good Derozan (or Fultz or whoever) is, its undoubtable that those players will actually play so by default will give the Spurs more tha Kawhi did.

They did do quite well without Kawhi last year, but winning behind LA/Gasol is a weird structure without a talent like Kawhi to balance that out a bit. Pop always finds a way (but the vast majority of that career was with Duncan, then Parker/Manu). They'll need Murray to continue his rise along with whomever they might get from a Kawhi trade. Walker has his work cut out for him just to get minutes away from Green for now, but he is a talented prospect.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good point- especially if they trade Kawhi for some good value.

If they could win the amount of games they won without Kawhi basically playing at all last year, then, why would we expect them to win less if they say added Saric and Covington, or DeRozan and Anunby and Valunciunas, etc.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they could win the amount of games they won without Kawhi basically playing at all last year, then, why would we expect them to win less if they say added Saric and Covington, or DeRozan and Anunby and Valunciunas, etc.

Exactly.

That is why i think the Spurs are a good bet to win somewhere around 50 games and be right there with those other teams mentioned.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

That is why i think the Spurs are a good bet to win somewhere around 50 games and be right there with those other teams mentioned.
i honestly think Saric and Covington would be great fits with their roster.

A 3 and D wing (and Covington was 1st team defense), and a stretch 4 like Saric would be really really good fits.

If they could move Gasol - i even think DeRozan and Valunciunas would be good fits too.

A core of DeRozan, Aldridge, Valunciunas, Murray, Green would be right there with all those other bunched Western teams

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly think Saric and Covington would be great fits with their roster.

A 3 and D wing (and Covington was 1st team defense), and a stretch 4 like Saric would be really really good fits.

If they could move Gasol - i even think DeRozan and Valunciunas would be good fits too.

A core of DeRozan, Aldridge, Valunciunas, Murray, Green would be right there with all those other bunched Western teams

If the Spurs want Derozan and JV then there is no deal.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way Toronto gives up both those guys for Leonard.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pickup for Denver. Hope Thomas is healthy again, he was a heck of a talent when healthy with the Celtics.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Randle only getting 9M a year. Hood and Smart not even getting offer sheets yet.

the only big contract really from a middling player was LaVine in Chicago and thats probably because the Kings are idiots.

it makes you wonder just how the fuck KCP got 12M.

Parker got 20 mil....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like DeRozan much at all.

But you know who I do like?

Popovich.

He's the RBG of nba coaches.

as in, i can't wait til he dies...and the world will be better off when he does.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which is why the Irving for Leonard swap always made sense.

Kyrie also fits with Murray.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously?

TOR should be doing backflips if that's the deal.

Not really. Only if Kawhi agrees to resign. Too big of a risk if that guarantee isn't there IMO

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...for that money, they must be talking about the 57 year old Isiah Thomas, right????

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Only if Kawhi agrees to resign. Too big of a risk if that guarantee isn't there IMO

I’d be happy to get out of both of those deals. If he doesn’t resign you trade Lowry and rebuild around OG, poetl, siakam.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be happy to get out of both of those deals. If he doesn’t resign you trade Lowry and rebuild around OG, poetl, siakam.

Plus Toronto has to be thinking finally LeBron is out of the conference, we might as well go all in for this one year and see if we can make a Finals.