• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is your team a playoff contender?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question, is your team a playoff contender this year?

No records, just a simple yes or no and the team name!

And Go!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every damn team is a contender before the season starts. This is the NFL. 3-13 to 11-5 in a matter of a year is very possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with a ton of confidence that the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Giants are not playoff contenders.
50/50 one of those teams makes the playoffs next year.

I think this thread should probably say something like: "Is Your Team a Super Bowl Contender?' to really narrow down the field.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50/50 one of those teams makes the playoffs next year.

I think this thread should probably say something like: "Is Your Team a Super Bowl Contender?' to really narrow down the field.
I'll happily give you those odds. Those three teams will be nowhere near the playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll happily give you those odds. Those three teams will be nowhere near the playoffs.
Maybe. You're basically banking on Rosen and Murray and against Jimmy G, Darnold, and Josh Allen.

Giants making the playoffs might not be nuts if Wentz goes down considering what the Redskins have on offense. Giants actually had the highest DVOA in the NFC East last year as nuts as that sounds.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. You're basically banking on Rosen and Murray and against Jimmy G, Darnold, and Josh Allen.

Giants making the playoffs might not be nuts if Wentz goes down considering what the Redskins have on offense. Giants actually had the highest DVOA in the NFC East last year as nuts as that sounds.
I think the Giants are a distant 4th in the NFCE going into this season. They're in rebuild mode right now, and it wouldn't be shocking to see Dan Jones start at some point, which will not be pretty.

Arizona has so many holes on that team. The defense isn't bad, but the OL is still a disaster, and I'm not exactly optimistic about Kingsbury's ability to go from being fired from his college alma mater to taking the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs.

Miami has all but admitted they're in rebuild mode. Rosen could very well be the future, but they lack sorely when it comes to offensive weapons, and they have a murderer's row of games out of the division (Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins). I think 4 wins would be nice for them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time for the slow folks :

Is your team a "playoff contender this year" in your opinion ?

Yes or No!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Giants are a distant 4th in the NFCE going into this season. They're in rebuild mode right now, and it wouldn't be shocking to see Dan Jones start at some point, which will not be pretty.

Arizona has so many holes on that team. The defense isn't bad, but the OL is still a disaster, and I'm not exactly optimistic about Kingsbury's ability to go from being fired from his college alma mater to taking the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs.

Miami has all but admitted they're in rebuild mode. Rosen could very well be the future, but they lack sorely when it comes to offensive weapons, and they have a murderer's row of games out of the division (Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins). I think 4 wins would be nice for them.
I will say that I do think Miami is the runaway favorite to get the top pick next year. Rosen probably only has about 3 or 4 games to prove he is a franchise QB and if he doesnt then I think Miami goes full on tank and loses every game.

The other two teams I would definitely give a punchers chance at making the playoffs. I don't think any of these teams can win a playoff game, however.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes