• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the GOAT shot past present future?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with @tlance it's not a shot.

He was trying to save the ball from going out of bounds and it went in. It's not even an "attempt"

How many times have we seen a player fight for a rebound and it accidentally goes in his own basket? Does that count as a shot too?

That's how it gets recorded on the stat sheet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how it gets recorded on the stat sheet.

It gets recorded as a Field Goal, which it technically is, but if we're going to talk semantics it can not be classed as a "shot" when it wasn't in the act of 'shooting'. In the example of Isaiah Rider, it was more of a 'throw' than a 'shot'

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was trying to save the ball from going out of bounds and it went in. It's not even an "attempt"

How many times have we seen a player fight for a rebound and it accidentally goes in his own basket? Does that count as a shot too?
Yes it does actually, and the players gets credited with 2 points

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gets recorded as a Field Goal, which it technically is, but if we're going to talk semantics it can not be classed as a "shot" when it wasn't in the act of 'shooting'. In the example of Isaiah Rider, it was more of a 'throw' than a 'shot'

I agree. But it counts the same whether it was a throw, a shot or he bounced it off a teammates ass.

Besides, Dorian actually made a thread that didn't immediately get sent to Fouled Out for a bone crushing level of stupidity. So I'm trying to support that.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh there’s a surprise, you mean there was a chance you would have agreed with me?

wait !!! hold on.......

ever here someone say ‘he took a shot ehhh. Why not!!!! You can take that literally or figuratively, he threw up a Hail Mary and it went in!

now, in the case of a player floating the ball towards basket for another player off a pick and roll and the ball accidentally goes in, still counted in the books as a shot, I would agree that is wasn’t a shot.

but, mr rider, with his athleticism, saved ball from going out, contorted his body and got enough strength to reach the rim. He knew what he was doing . Shit happens. Right wamu?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But it counts the same whether it was a throw, a shot or he bounced it off a teammates ass.

Besides, Dorian actually made a thread that didn't immediately get sent to Fouled Out for a bone crushing level of stupidity. So I'm trying to support that.

Haha.

In the stat sheet it counts as a shot because it went in the basket.

Had it gone careening off the backboard in to the hands of a waiting defender, it would have been classified as a turnover.

Because he wasn’t trying to shoot the ball.