• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this Quick’s last year?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that he’s in the final year of a 10 year deal.
So does he get traded, walks away as a FA and signs somewhere else, or retires?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were today, I would guess retire. I still have a huge hope the Kings make the playoffs, and he plays great on some sort of playoff run. He looked great as recently as last playoff against Edmonton, which is what makes this year tough. Copley coming in really saved their season so far though because Quick and Petersen were getting lit up every night. I still have a feeling that it's maybe McLellan's system, but Copley coming in a settling things down has been eye-opening. With them signing Copley on a one year deal, I do think the writing is on the wall for Quick. If the Kings make any kind of move to get goalie here, Quick might not even be on the bench for this final stretch, which is crazy. So that's sort of why I think the Kings might not make any moves on the goaltending front until the summer.

Quick's my favorite player of all time, so it's been tough to see him get shelled all year. I would hate for it to end like this, so I'd like LA to attempt to get some size on the backend, maybe get that elusive left-handed defenseman they need, and then wait until summer on the goalie front. They aren't really in a hurry this year, but we shall see what happens.

Ironically, beating the Pens so bad the other day seems to have lit a fire under Blake in thinking this team can do some damage, and the Kings are in on a lot more trade rumors already.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think this is the end of the line. Love him and he will go down as the greatest Kings goalie in franchise history but it is cringy watching him play these days. He simply is done, the issue now is how do they handle that down the stretch.

I don't think he will be waived or traded, and finishing the season as a backup has to sting too for such a fiery competitor like him. Hopefully the season ends, his contract runs out and I'm sure he will have an office job in some capacity at some point.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Kings give him a statue?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Kings give him a statue?

They would have to. He won the Conn Smythe and backended the franchises two cups. I'd say he should get one before Brown to be honest. But I'd imagine it was Brown-Kopitar-Quick-Doughty, which is a lot of statues.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to. He won the Conn Smythe and backended the franchises two cups. I'd say he should get one before Brown to be honest. But I'd imagine it was Brown-Kopitar-Quick-Doughty, which is a lot of statues.

There's an article on The Athletic debating this very thing, they referred to Doughty/Quick/Brown/Kopitar as the "Core Four" which is true, so now that Brown has one, the other 3 are probably next in line. Plus if you add in the retired jersey numbers, that's a lot of numbers in the rafters hanging never to be worn again. Honestly it's a little silly if you think about it, there would be more retired jerseys than division and championship banners, sounds like something TO would do.

I like the idea of having an unofficial "Ring of Honor" or something as opposed to retiring these jerseys and having statues all over Staples looking like a life size chess board.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the retired jerseys I think they earned it, Statues well that would be kind of crazy