• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there any hope for the A.L. Central?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Indians are the class of the division and the Twins have some talent even though they underachieved this year. After that, it gets rather ugly...

Detroit is saddled with the aging and injury-prone Miguel Cabrera and his contract (though to be fair he did show glimpses of the Miggy of old in the brief time he was healthy this year), and possess an underwhelming farm system.

The White Sox have one of the better farm systems in baseball, Michael Kopech needing TJ surgery was a huge blow and they've seen the development having stalled of former top prospects such as Yoan Moncada and Tim Anderson.

The Royals let two premier free agents walk (Cain and Hosmer) and have nothing to show for it.

My ultimate question here - Is there any hope for this neighborhood of baseball or will this be the worst division for the forseeable future??? Thoughts?

Part of my modest proposal from early September was to move the Pittsburgh Pirates over there to create more competition. How I Would Fix the MLB Schedule Alignment

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Royals have Mondesi and O'Hearn may be emerging.

Merrifield and Duffy are useful trade assets. Perez likely as well.

I would chill on talking about losing Hosmer. That was 100% the right move to let him walk. Cain hurts, but the Royals, barring more AAAA types turning into actual real live players should be, optimistically, 2021.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I Would Fix the MLB Schedule Alignment
giphy.gif