• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the Party over???

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Offense is also 26th in the NFL in converting 3rd downs. It's not all on the defense. The Defense is ranked 11th in the NFL for 3rd down % (36.9%) which is not bad as they are only 1 spot out of being a top 10 team in that area on Defense. Last Season they gave up 45% conversion rate on 3rd down lol. But the Offense .. yuck. Only converting on 34.6% of your 3rd down conversions have a direct impact on the Defense and the ToP.

AZ 43% conversions on 3rd down ( offense )
LA 48.2%
SF 37.5%
SEA 34.6%

The Seahawks offense is so bad it allows other teams to get more chances at drives against a bad defense. It's only a matter of time when you field a sub par defense and can't do shit on offense that they will get burned. As proven by the outcomes of these games.

I love Wilsons long ball as everyone does, it's a thing of beauty but I would trade them in for dink and dunk and ToP throws. Right now it's like how last season ended. The offense cant do a damn thing unless they get a long play and even now with the long plays they are not scoring. Hawks got the ball at the 40 yard line twice and didn't score.

Abc Yes GIF by The Bachelorette

Something gets what I've been goddamn preaching for the last 3 weeks.

Honestly, as much as i hate saying it, Russ needs to go and I think we can get 2 firsts.........

1) One to take a QB form IMO is a vastly underrated QB class this year

2) to use on something on we haven't seen since Wags. AN ELITE DEFENSEIVE TALENT

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Offense is also 26th in the NFL in converting 3rd downs. It's not all on the defense. The Defense is ranked 11th in the NFL for 3rd down % (36.9%) which is not bad as they are only 1 spot out of being a top 10 team in that area on Defense. Last Season they gave up 45% conversion rate on 3rd down lol. But the Offense .. yuck. Only converting on 34.6% of your 3rd down conversions have a direct impact on the Defense and the ToP.

AZ 43% conversions on 3rd down ( offense )
LA 48.2%
SF 37.5%
SEA 34.6%

The Seahawks offense is so bad it allows other teams to get more chances at drives against a bad defense. It's only a matter of time when you field a sub par defense and can't do shit on offense that they will get burned. As proven by the outcomes of these games.

I love Wilsons long ball as everyone does, it's a thing of beauty but I would trade them in for dink and dunk and ToP throws. Right now it's like how last season ended. The offense cant do a damn thing unless they get a long play and even now with the long plays they are not scoring. Hawks got the ball at the 40 yard line twice and didn't score.
This is why I love you all here, you always challenge me and bring up things I haven't considered. That is a very good point that I didn't take into consideration.

Both stats are actually extremely surprising to me because you'd expect an offense that's 4th in the league in yards per play to convert more of those third downs and you'd expect a defense that has been absolutely shredded to have a drastically worse fourth down conversion rate. I actually had to look up those stats to verify you didn't have it backwards LOL.

For once I don't really have much of a rebuttal here and completely agree that I'd trade those chunk plays for the dink and dunk, drain the clock out type plays that opposing offenses have feasted on against our defense.

I definitely didn't account for the fact that our yards per play is inflated by those chunk plays and that the ToP is influenced by that and our poor 3rd down offense.

Good post my friend.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Why not move him to OLB.

If he is suspect in coverage, something that Brooks and Wagner excel at in my opinion, than make him a pass rusher............

Wait.

Do we need a good Pass Rusher? I'm not sure
This runs contradictory to me saying they shouldn't blitz Adams a bunch, but I feel like these charts I saw today are pretty telling:

Jamal_Heat-2048x742.jpg

JamalAdamsFinal-1-2048x1197.jpg

On the one hand it appears that there is a correlation between blitzing Adams and him generating pressure, on the other hand this year when he has been blitzed, he hasn't had much success - which leads back to my argument that the blitzes he has run have not been disguised very well.

I don't know how many of you have a subscription to The Athletic, so I'll just copy and paste a few quotes from their article on Jamal Adams and his usage.

“I personally don’t see the value in spending so much for a guy who doesn’t take away the ball,” an exec said, “but Jamal Adams is absolutely a disruptive force, a No. 1 game-plan consideration if you use him the way Gregg Williams did, or even how Pete used him last year. You strip that away if you put him in the deep and ask him to take precise angles.”

“In coaching, there’s a difference between guys who are trying to fit players into the system vs. guys who will draw up special roles that use a guy’s skill set,” said Brown, who was a coaching intern with the Jets during Adams’ rookie season and now is an NFL analyst on radio and TV in Denver. “That is what I’m not seeing from (Seahawks defensive coordinator) Ken Norton and, by extension, Pete, because they are so system based.”

Either way, the Seahawks really need to make adjustments on defense.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This runs contradictory to me saying they shouldn't blitz Adams a bunch, but I feel like these charts I saw today are pretty telling:

Jamal_Heat-2048x742.jpg

JamalAdamsFinal-1-2048x1197.jpg

On the one hand it appears that there is a correlation between blitzing Adams and him generating pressure, on the other hand this year when he has been blitzed, he hasn't had much success - which leads back to my argument that the blitzes he has run have not been disguised very well.

I don't know how many of you have a subscription to The Athletic, so I'll just copy and paste a few quotes from their article on Jamal Adams and his usage.

“I personally don’t see the value in spending so much for a guy who doesn’t take away the ball,” an exec said, “but Jamal Adams is absolutely a disruptive force, a No. 1 game-plan consideration if you use him the way Gregg Williams did, or even how Pete used him last year. You strip that away if you put him in the deep and ask him to take precise angles.”

“In coaching, there’s a difference between guys who are trying to fit players into the system vs. guys who will draw up special roles that use a guy’s skill set,” said Brown, who was a coaching intern with the Jets during Adams’ rookie season and now is an NFL analyst on radio and TV in Denver. “That is what I’m not seeing from (Seahawks defensive coordinator) Ken Norton and, by extension, Pete, because they are so system based.”

Either way, the Seahawks really need to make adjustments on defense.

I do. So ship it if you can

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abc Yes GIF by The Bachelorette

Something gets what I've been goddamn preaching for the last 3 weeks.

Honestly, as much as i hate saying it, Russ needs to go and I think we can get 2 firsts.........

1) One to take a QB form IMO is a vastly underrated QB class this year

2) to use on something on we haven't seen since Wags. AN ELITE DEFENSEIVE TALENT
I don't know if getting rid of Russ is the solution, but I will say I get extremely irritated with him holding on to the ball forever, spinning out of the pocket then taking a sack. By all metrics, Russ had the best pass protection of his career in 2020 and he goes off the rails complaining about the pass protection. Many of the sacks he takes these days are self imposed.

Honestly I do worry that his tendency to do that could be a result of him simply being unable to see the field in the pocket. The one thing I liked about Geno's debut on Thursday was that he took those short passes and for the most part stayed in the pocket.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norton will be gone but it should be sooner than later. Pete seems to have finally lost that magic but I don't think he leaves until the contract is up. What's most disappointing is Waldron. Hand picked by Russ thinking we'll have a Rams style offense I just haven't seen and that's a concern. Yes, the season is pretty much over.

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. It doesn't look great, but Pittsburgh and New Orleans are both beatable. They're a little inconsistent, so it just really boils down to which team shows up for them and which Seahawks team shows up for us. Jacksonville is still a near sure win at this point. If Smith is serviceable the next three weeks, the Hawks could win 2 of their 3 games.

Russ could be back as soon as Green Bay, which the schedule could allow us to be 4-4 at that point.

For this to happen, there are a few things that need to come to pass. 1) Russ needs to heal fast enough that he only misses 4 weeks. 2) The defense needs to find a way to be good for entire games, and not just for 1 half. 3) Smith needs to be no worse than Tarvaris Jackson was when he was the starter.

It is possible, we'll just have to see if it is realistic.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I love you all here, you always challenge me and bring up things I haven't considered. That is a very good point that I didn't take into consideration.

Both stats are actually extremely surprising to me because you'd expect an offense that's 4th in the league in yards per play to convert more of those third downs and you'd expect a defense that has been absolutely shredded to have a drastically worse fourth down conversion rate. I actually had to look up those stats to verify you didn't have it backwards LOL.

For once I don't really have much of a rebuttal here and completely agree that I'd trade those chunk plays for the dink and dunk, drain the clock out type plays that opposing offenses have feasted on against our defense.

I definitely didn't account for the fact that our yards per play is inflated by those chunk plays and that the ToP is influenced by that and our poor 3rd down offense.

Good post my friend.

Another interesting stat- In the first half of games Seattle allows just 3.5 yard per carry - which would be 4th in the league. In the second half they allow 5.2 yard per carry (which would be 30th). That's the effect of constantly getting thrashed in TOP.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Geno can stay healthy 4-6 weeks because if he goes down ...... ouch

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Geno can stay healthy 4-6 weeks because if he goes down ...... ouch
Looks like we brought in Blake Bortles for a workout...

We also released Tre Flowers at his request...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles had spent the past two seasons with Waldron in Los Angeles... That's good thing because he won't take long to get familiar with the playbook/system...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of a sad stat line for our defense... 4 of our starters lead the league in snaps... This is going to quickly burn them out and make them vulnerable to injuries... Not a good thing...

1634166686897.png

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a brighter note, Darrell Taylor is quietly leading this team in sacks this season with 4... And that's with limited snaps... Seems like Carroll is going to be giving him more PT on defense...

side note: Can we just sit Collier from here on out? He's horrible... You never really know he's in the game because his name is never called... Obviously another bust...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, 1 game at a time this year. Just win at Pitt for starters.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the only thing I can take away.

I'm Heartbroken to say it but i believe it to be true

This one has a different feel, I think it’s over, even though we have a lot of season left, we just aren’t fixing glaring issues …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, 1 game at a time this year. Just win at Pitt for starters.

Be great if they did, but can Geno stay consistent and can our defense not give up 500 yards ? Odds are against us, but hopefully they come to battle ..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting stat- In the first half of games Seattle allows just 3.5 yard per carry - which would be 4th in the league. In the second half they allow 5.2 yard per carry (which would be 30th). That's the effect of constantly getting thrashed in TOP.
The second half YPC allowed doesn't surprise me, I'm actually pretty surprised they've done that well in the first half against the run.