• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the Party over???

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no he isn't.

You're insane.

Yes, Yes he is. He adds nothing over Geno other than a disruptive attitude and sub par play. This is not Cam from 5-10 years ago.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real talk here:

As far as Geno as the QB for a while, I'm all for it. He does what Wilson never even thought of doing, and that's picking apart the opposing D little by little, much like we've had done to us. I don't doubt that this is something that's been missing lately, and it's a welcome change. Sure, the other teams may catch on, and maybe we can see an occasional long pass just to see if he's got the arm for it, but for now, aside from the pick due to the tripping receiver, I'd say he wasn't half-bad.

But the defense has doomed us. This is what got me all agitated a couple of months ago, even if we were resting our starters at that point. And while I did kinda go off on instinct at the time, they have proven me right: It doesn't matter which string is out there, they still gotta do their job. And relying too much on the zone just isn't doing us any favors.

I just don't see us even getting CLOSE to .500 after all this. They may get a surprise game here and there, but it doesn't change the fact that no matter who we get at QB, the pressure will be on him more and more, esp if he constantly has to work with a deficit in the score. As for finishing anywhere but last in our division? That may not happen, either.

End of an era? Sure looks that way. How will our offices deal with this when the season ends (by schedule or by losses)? Time will tell.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team is as bad as they have looked, Something is broken and they have zero identity. Adams is not as bad as he has looked all season, he needs to dig deep inside and fix himself ASAP. Tired of his Peacocking and now it's time to produce. This team is soft, 2009 soft but that's on the players on the field and the people that put them there. Lots of season left ( 12 games ) and if the Hawks can say go 3-2 with out Wilson they can still make some noise.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team is as bad as they have looked, Something is broken and they have zero identity. Adams is not as bad as he has looked all season, he needs to dig deep inside and fix himself ASAP. Tired of his Peacocking and now it's time to produce. This team is soft, 2009 soft but that's on the players on the field and the people that put them there. Lots of season left ( 12 games ) and if the Hawks can say go 3-2 with out Wilson they can still make some noise.
Ah, you're a glass half full guy. I like that attitude. I hope you're right too.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real talk here:

As far as Geno as the QB for a while, I'm all for it. He does what Wilson never even thought of doing, and that's picking apart the opposing D little by little, much like we've had done to us. I don't doubt that this is something that's been missing lately, and it's a welcome change. Sure, the other teams may catch on, and maybe we can see an occasional long pass just to see if he's got the arm for it, but for now, aside from the pick due to the tripping receiver, I'd say he wasn't half-bad.

But the defense has doomed us. This is what got me all agitated a couple of months ago, even if we were resting our starters at that point. And while I did kinda go off on instinct at the time, they have proven me right: It doesn't matter which string is out there, they still gotta do their job. And relying too much on the zone just isn't doing us any favors.

I just don't see us even getting CLOSE to .500 after all this. They may get a surprise game here and there, but it doesn't change the fact that no matter who we get at QB, the pressure will be on him more and more, esp if he constantly has to work with a deficit in the score. As for finishing anywhere but last in our division? That may not happen, either.

End of an era? Sure looks that way. How will our offices deal with this when the season ends (by schedule or by losses)? Time will tell.
I liked what we saw from Geno in that game but I worry it might have been a bit of fool's gold. For two reasons: first, the Rams hadn't game planned Geno so they didn't really know what schemes would work best against him. Other teams will get to see some film on Geno over the next couple games and then they'll be able to make a plan for dealing with him. Secondly, near the end of the game the Rams started playing a really soft defense in order to run clock and not allow anything deep. If the game wasn't already (pretty much) in hand I think Geno wouldn't have been so comfy back there and he'd have been forced into quicker decisions. I hope he's capable of getting us a few wins until Russ is back, but defenses aren't going to be unprepared to see him next time he plays.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the only thing I can take away.

I'm Heartbroken to say it but i believe it to be true
This all falls on Carroll.

People forget that he has final say over all personnel decisions.

What were the needs to be addressed in the offseason? CB and the defensive line. What were Carroll's solutions? Rolling with Tre Flowers and D.J. Reed while signing a journeyman in Kerry Hyder and expecting production out of a 32 year old Carlos Dunlap.

I think we might all want to ask ourselves if the great draft classes/free agency acquisitions we had during the beginning of Carroll's tenure might've been more luck as opposed to proper talent evaluation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all falls on Carroll.

People forget that he has final say over all personnel decisions.

What were the needs to be addressed in the offseason? CB and the defensive line. What were Carroll's solutions? Rolling with Tre Flowers and D.J. Reed while signing a journeyman in Kerry Hyder and expecting production out of a 32 year old Carlos Dunlap.

I think we might all want to ask ourselves if the great draft classes/free agency acquisitions we had during the beginning of Carroll's tenure might've been more luck as opposed to proper talent evaluation.
Those good early drafts covered a few years so I don't think it was luck, but rather Pete's knowledge from coaching and recruiting in college give the Seahawks a nice edge in the draft and they certainly had much better draft positions also which makes a lot of difference. I always feel drafting at the end of rounds instead near the beginning of rounds is where luck was needed and a lot of it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who hopes I'm wrong on this, I feel that Jamal Adams is massively overrated.

He is suspect in pass coverage, great against the run and I feel as if his sack total was inflated as a result of offensive lines not accounting for a blitzing safety. This year when he has been sent on blitzes, he has been picked up. When you blitz a safety you take a defensive back out of coverage which opens up holes for the offense to attack.

When Jamal Adams is in the box, it's clear he's not going to be dropping back in coverage which opposing QBs can identify and know that there will be holes in the zone to attack. Taking a safety out of coverage leaves holes in the middle of Seattle's cover 3, and when the corners can't defend the perimeter it gives QBs a lot of spots to attack.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those good early drafts covered a few years so I don't think it was luck, but rather Pete's knowledge from coaching and recruiting in college give the Seahawks a nice edge in the draft and they certainly had much better draft positions also which makes a lot of difference. I always feel drafting at the end of rounds instead near the beginning of rounds is where luck was needed and a lot of it.
That's a good point, but I don't think there is any looking past the point that those early drafts have essentially carried this franchise.

In the last five drafts we've selected only 6 guys who I would consider average or above average starters for the Seahawks. Damien Lewis, D.K. Metcalf, Will Dissly, Michael Dickson, Shaquill Griffin, and Chris Carson. We had nine or so in Carroll's first 3 drafts.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who hopes I'm wrong on this, I feel that Jamal Adams is massively overrated.

He is suspect in pass coverage, great against the run and I feel as if his sack total was inflated as a result of offensive lines not accounting for a blitzing safety. This year when he has been sent on blitzes, he has been picked up. When you blitz a safety you take a defensive back out of coverage which opens up holes for the offense to attack.

When Jamal Adams is in the box, it's clear he's not going to be dropping back in coverage which opposing QBs can identify and know that there will be holes in the zone to attack. Taking a safety out of coverage leaves holes in the middle of Seattle's cover 3, and when the corners can't defend the perimeter it gives QBs a lot of spots to attack.
Everything you said makes sense.. and everything you said is a fault of the shittiest D coord in football history... Carroll needs to be fired BECAUSE he actually kept Norton around this long...

I don't see any extra 'diversity picks' (yah I'm going there, since this Country is a PC dork fest) so WTF are we keeping him around for?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you said makes sense.. and everything you said is a fault of the shittiest D coord in football history... Carroll needs to be fired BECAUSE he actually kept Norton around this long...

I don't see any extra 'diversity picks' (yah I'm going there, since this Country is a PC dork fest) so WTF are we keeping him around for?
I'm no fan of Norton, but I also don't understand how the Seahawks went into this season with practice squad talent starting at CB.

I also just keep hearing the comments that Carroll makes after losses and he seems to completely be unaware of where this defense is. He almost writes it off like he still has Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas and Brandon Browner in the secondary with Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril rushing the passer and the defense just had an off day.

The fact of the matter is he's acting as if the talent is there, when it is not. You have to scheme for the players you have and when you have huge liabilities on the perimeter, consistently blitz a safety opening up another hole in coverage, you're going to get the results we've had thus far.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Norton, but I also don't understand how the Seahawks went into this season with practice squad talent starting at CB.

I also just keep hearing the comments that Carroll makes after losses and he seems to completely be unaware of where this defense is. He almost writes it off like he still has Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas and Brandon Browner in the secondary with Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril rushing the passer and the defense just had an off day.

The fact of the matter is he's acting as if the talent is there, when it is not. You have to scheme for the players you have and when you have huge liabilities on the perimeter, consistently blitz a safety opening up another hole in coverage, you're going to get the results we've had thus far.

Right. It's 100% the coaching... Time to get Pete and Ken 'the shittiest coordinator in NFL history' Norton out of here.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It's 100% the coaching... Time to get Pete and Ken 'the shittiest coordinator in NFL history' Norton out of here.
With all due respect to Carroll, he won because of the wealth of talent we've had on the roster. Not because of his coaching or coordinator hires.

I hope for the sake of his legacy, he just decides to retire this offseason.

I will say I have liked Waldron's play calling so far. If opposing offenses weren't just allowed to run the clock the entire game, I think the offense would have incredible numbers.

The Seahawks are 4th in the NFL in yards per play, yet they are 19th in yards per game. That is a product of the Seahawks being dead last in time of possession due to the defense not being able to get off the field. If the offense had more opportunities to score, this season would be looking a lot different.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True of every head coach in the NFL.
Certainly, I think a better way of articulating that comment would be that Carroll doesn't add much value in terms of scheme, clock management, adjustments, etc. and the team has carried him.

His refusal to adapt to changes in the game I believe has objectively harmed this team substantially. He and by extension his coordinators have run schemes that were appropriate back in 2010, but just don't work with the way the game has adopted a more pass heavy approach.

Maybe that puts that comment into better perspective.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the season is over. This is not a playoff team this year. Is it so bad that they can't bounce back next year? Remains to be seen, but they have a shit load of holes to fill and real issues with coaching on both sides of the ball.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Carroll, he won because of the wealth of talent we've had on the roster. Not because of his coaching or coordinator hires.

I hope for the sake of his legacy, he just decides to retire this offseason.

I will say I have liked Waldron's play calling so far. If opposing offenses weren't just allowed to run the clock the entire game, I think the offense would have incredible numbers.

The Seahawks are 4th in the NFL in yards per play, yet they are 19th in yards per game. That is a product of the Seahawks being dead last in time of possession due to the defense not being able to get off the field. If the offense had more opportunities to score, this season would be looking a lot different.

the Offense is also 26th in the NFL in converting 3rd downs. It's not all on the defense. The Defense is ranked 11th in the NFL for 3rd down % (36.9%) which is not bad as they are only 1 spot out of being a top 10 team in that area on Defense. Last Season they gave up 45% conversion rate on 3rd down lol. But the Offense .. yuck. Only converting on 34.6% of your 3rd down conversions have a direct impact on the Defense and the ToP.

AZ 43% conversions on 3rd down ( offense )
LA 48.2%
SF 37.5%
SEA 34.6%

The Seahawks offense is so bad it allows other teams to get more chances at drives against a bad defense. It's only a matter of time when you field a sub par defense and can't do shit on offense that they will get burned. As proven by the outcomes of these games.

I love Wilsons long ball as everyone does, it's a thing of beauty but I would trade them in for dink and dunk and ToP throws. Right now it's like how last season ended. The offense cant do a damn thing unless they get a long play and even now with the long plays they are not scoring. Hawks got the ball at the 40 yard line twice and didn't score.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is likely gone for 6+ weeks with mallet finger. The season IMO is over... fire Pete (who is senile at this point), fire Norton (I mean that in and of itself would be better than acquiring any player in the NFL), and start over. I'm sure the Jets will be happy with the high 1st round we're going to give em'... I've never seen a team use talent like Jamal Adams more ineptly than Seattle... last year he was decent, and then this year Norton shoved his head FURTHER up his ass... and here we are.
Norton will be gone but it should be sooner than later. Pete seems to have finally lost that magic but I don't think he leaves until the contract is up. What's most disappointing is Waldron. Hand picked by Russ thinking we'll have a Rams style offense I just haven't seen and that's a concern. Yes, the season is pretty much over.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then Why not move him to OLB.

If he is suspect in coverage, something that Brooks and Wagner excel at in my opinion, than make him a pass rusher............

Wait.

Do we need a good Pass Rusher? I'm not sure