• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is OBJ a bust??

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the coach that benched Eli ending his consectutive starts? Whoever that was should be his presenter for the HOF.

McAdoo

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is no prize, Heck, at least you know Baker is going to suit up on Sunday. Wentz is not reliable at all.

Like I said for me passing on Watson was horrific. So basically two straight years with a new regime they don't draft a first round qb? Just terrible. I'd give up Denzel Ward for Watson all day long obviously. That's basically what it netted them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not rattled. Look at my hand, does it look like it's shaking? No, you're the one who has been rattled. You've been rattled for 5 years now and you don't even realize it.

You are one funny homer.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite fans that are salty about Wentz are Browns fans. Thanks for that trade. Keep on being the Browns.
Wentz is not reliable. It's a proven fact. I don't know why you think scoring Wentz is such a prize

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is not reliable. It's a proven fact. I don't know why you think scoring Wentz is such a prize

Wentz is vastly better than any QB that franchise has had since it came back.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bust he just is a bad fit with Baker. He's better off with a seasoned qb who won't put up with his bullshit.

OBJ needs a NFL capable QB, Baker is another tombstone in Cleveland Browns' QB graveyard.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bust but grossly over rated. And mentally immature. Bad fit with Mayfield maybe? Not sure but he is a diva and I think db's can get in his head easily. Josh Norman sure did. OBJ has also had trouble staying on the field and has lived off the media hype of his hi-lite reel catches.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland traded a 1st and a 2nd round pick and a serviceable safety for him in 2019. In 2021 they will likely end up trading him for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Pretty obvious that the trade was a complete bust for Cleveland. It was also obvious that this was a bust of a trade the moment they made it. Was too much to give up for a headcase at a position that simply isnt that important (WR is a vastly overrated position). Nutcase players like OBJ are only guys you trade for when the team is willing to give him away for penny's on the dollar. And you only do it if you have a strong veteran core in place.

They were building their team the right way. Then they went crazy for this headcase. Momentary insanity.

...as far as OBJ being a bust as an individual player? He has about 100 million reasons to prove he wasn't.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland traded a 1st and a 2nd round pick and a serviceable safety for him in 2019. In 2021 they will likely end up trading him for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Pretty obvious that the trade was a complete bust for Cleveland. It was also obvious that this was a bust of a trade the moment they made it. Was too much to give up for a headcase at a position that simply isnt that important (WR is a vastly overrated position). Nutcase players like OBJ are only guys you trade for when the team is willing to give him away for penny's on the dollar. And you only do it if you have a strong veteran core in place.

They were building their team the right way. Then they went crazy for this headcase. Momentary insanity.

...as far as OBJ being a bust as an individual player? He has about 100 million reasons to prove he wasn't.

To be fair it was a first and a third and jabril but yes it was a lot to give up in hindsight. It felt like a good move then but I'm sure the browns didn't envision the marriage being so terrible.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is vastly better than any QB that franchise has had since it came back.
The Goldbergs What GIF by ABC Network

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ needs a NFL capable QB, Baker is another tombstone in Cleveland Browns' QB graveyard.

Odd that jackass Mayfield set the rookie TD passing record without him. No chance that OBJ's the problem?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd that jackass Mayfield set the rookie TD passing record without him. No chance that OBJ's the problem?

That's a good point, but for some reason baker is not living up to his potential in my mind, maybe I'm wrong?? JMO

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, but for some reason baker is not living up to his potential in my mind, maybe I'm wrong?? JMO

There's no question Mayfield isn't living up to expectations. The dysfunction of the organiztion isn't helping. He's in his 3rd year, his 3rd system and 4th coach. But he's also the arrogant fool that said he didn't need to work with a QB in the offseason even though last year he was 2nd in int's and either last or 2nd to last in rating. Right now he seems to be his own worst enemy.

If the Browns don't take care of business tonight fans back home wil start to turn on him. The mutha fucker has more commericals than wins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't all that thrilled when the Browns got OBJ because of his jackass attitude. Mayfield's a jackass too. Strange there was an instant connection/chemistry.
couldn't rip the deal at the time but did say I didn't think it was the sure thing most said it was for us. I'd definitely undo it if I could. Hard to do, though, without help of Doc Brown to take us back so Browns could make their 1st and 3rd round picks and see what they do with extra $14 mil.