• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is OBJ a bust??

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, but for some reason baker is not living up to his potential in my mind, maybe I'm wrong?? JMO
You are not wrong. Question is why was he able to do everything so well in 2018 (in the areas he now struggles). Made quick decisions, stayed in pocket, exceptional in RZ, accurate.

Was Zampese that important to him?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,143.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckem is the kind of players we see a few in each league. Everything they do isn’t there fault. It’s always someone else’s fault. In ny it was Eli’s fault. Now in Cleveland who’s he gonna blame. And if another team takes a chance on him I’m sure he will find someone to blame

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one second about Wentz. The miss was them not taking Watson.
with hindsight sure seems like it was. To be fair, many thought better QBs were in the next draft and they had their pick of the litter of them.

Really, the teams who screwed up most were Bears and SF. Bears for obvious reasons. And SF (before getting JG) passed on Mahomes and Watson to take a backup DE. at least the Browns got Garrett, Peppers and ward.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with hindsight sure seems like it was. To be fair, many thought better QBs were in the next draft and they had their pick of the litter of them.

Really, the teams who screwed up most were Bears and SF. Bears for obvious reasons. And SF (before getting JG) passed on Mahomes and Watson to take a backup DE. at least the Browns got Garrett, Peppers and ward.
I hated that move just like I hated them trading down for Coleman.

Also immediately hated the Vernon for Zeitler trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said for me passing on Watson was horrific. So basically two straight years with a new regime they don't draft a first round qb? Just terrible. I'd give up Denzel Ward for Watson all day long obviously. That's basically what it netted them.
and Peppers which helped them get OBJ.

Crap.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland traded a 1st and a 2nd round pick and a serviceable safety for him in 2019. In 2021 they will likely end up trading him for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Pretty obvious that the trade was a complete bust for Cleveland. It was also obvious that this was a bust of a trade the moment they made it. Was too much to give up for a headcase at a position that simply isnt that important (WR is a vastly overrated position). Nutcase players like OBJ are only guys you trade for when the team is willing to give him away for penny's on the dollar. And you only do it if you have a strong veteran core in place.

They were building their team the right way. Then they went crazy for this headcase. Momentary insanity.

...as far as OBJ being a bust as an individual player? He has about 100 million reasons to prove he wasn't.
1st and 3rd but agree........I'd undo the deal if I could. Hell, if they wanted a WR so bad could have kept their #1 and used it on Metcalf who I'd trade OBJ for straight up based on salary/production.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated that move just like I hated them trading down for Coleman.

Also immediately hated the Vernon for Zeitler trade.
Move to trade down was the right move......picking Coleman was not.

I also did not like the Zeitler deal. Made no sense. If you didn't want Ogbah (who is a decent DE) why not use your $100 mil cap room to upgrade and not give up a stud guard?

another Dorsey special.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Dorsey undid a lot of good. I like the moves he made early and then he got star struck. The trade for an expensive DE made zero sense when they could've just signed one as you said.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Dorsey undid a lot of good. I like the moves he made early and then he got star struck. The trade for an expensive DE made zero sense when they could've just signed one as you said.
He cared way too much about name and his own ego as opposed to fit.