• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Justin Verlander a Future Hall of Famer?

Is Justin Verlander a future Hall of Famer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say the same about Mussina. His ERAs in '04, '05 and '07 were shit.

Just so I'm clear, we're on the same side of this Verlander thing, right? He should be in, right?
Yeah. Same stance.

I wasn't a couple years ago. And Vice called me names.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But. But. You like fags...you and iffy butt fuck each other. Plus. You didn't figure in heart. Verlander has it in buckets. Kluber not so much
Klubers beard is capable of more than JVs.

You can't deny that.

(Klubers is the best pitcher in baseball who won't be a HOFer imo. Got going to late.)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klubers beard is capable of more than JVs.

You can't deny that.

(Klubers is the best pitcher in baseball who won't be a HOFer imo. Got going to late.)

The back concerns me too. Missed time during the regular season with it and I'd bet my middle testicle that was his problem in the ALDS.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back concerns me too. Missed time during the regular season with it and I'd bet my middle testicle that was his problem in the ALDS.
He was playing thru something for sure.

I kinda felt like it was his shoulder just from watching. He was stiff with his delivery to me. But it might be his back flaring up. Was it June or so he went down with that?

Dudes prolly my favorite right handed to watch. Along with JV.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was playing thru something for sure.

I kinda felt like it was his shoulder just from watching. He was stiff with his delivery to me. But it might be his back flaring up. Was it June or so he went down with that?

Dudes prolly my favorite right handed to watch. Along with JV.

It's just a shame. I don't know that the Indians could have gotten past the Yankees, Astros or Dodgers had he been 100%, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt.

I just felt like this year was our best shot at a championship in a LONG time and we didn't even make it out of the first round. Depressing.

I will say also, I think the Indians' weak ass September schedule may have helped them chase down Houston for the best record, but it hurt them in the playoffs. For an entire month, they were facing some of the worst pitching the major leagues have to offer, and it left them ill-prepared to face top pitching teams.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he'd come back. He was a fantastic windup toy.

It's just a shame. I don't know that the Indians could have gotten past the Yankees, Astros or Dodgers had he been 100%, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt.

I just felt like this year was our best shot at a championship in a LONG time and we didn't even make it out of the first round. Depressing.

I will say also, I think the Indians' weak ass September schedule may have helped them chase down Houston for the best record, but it hurt them in the playoffs. For an entire month, they were facing some of the worst pitching the major leagues have to offer, and it left them ill-prepared to face top pitching teams.

1st we don’t need vice back we have enough dumb Tiger posters ... I’d like to think I was the dumbest but I don’t compared with the doug/iffy shitshow.

The Indians aren’t going anywhere soon. The AL Central is a wreck for a year or two, you guys will have more chances.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he has only pitched for 13 seasons... I know modern day pitching needs to be evaluated differently...

Not to be that guy... but I find it funny the support Verlander is getting, while people thing Johan Santana is on the wrong side of the fence...

I will say this, if Santana is not a HOF(not saying he wont be) then in no way would I expect verlander to be... Of course verlander has some more seasons to improve his case...

As of today, If he retired and never pitched again, I would not want him in the HOF...

Santana only generated like 45 WAR due his injuries and lack of longevity.

His peak is absurdly good.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber no heart

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is, while Santana had a better 5 year peak, I don't think it's that much better and he's only had one season outside of that with 170+ innings. There's a lot of time missed whereas Verlander's made 30+ starts in 11 of his 13 seasons and 200+ innings in ten seasons. Unlike Santana whereas a good chunk of his career value is tied to his peak, Verlander's put together nine 4+ WAR seasons. Not to mention Santana's 2004-08 stretch accounted for more than half of his MLB innings.

Santana should probably be in because of his peak, he was probably the best pitcher in baseball for at least three years, maybe four. However, I think Verlander's added more career value especially if you account for the postseason.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize Black Magic Woman was a FA. You're pitching I honestly think will be better next year. And other than EE, nobody is aging much. And pitching always wins out.

The window isn't closed at all to me.

You had a AAAA schedule pretty much. We wouldn't have been .500 with a AAA one. And that doesn't do opposing teams any favors when they're still playing for keeps.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st we don’t need vice back we have enough dumb Tiger posters ... I’d like to think I was the dumbest but I don’t compared with the doug/iffy shitshow.

The Indians aren’t going anywhere soon. The AL Central is a wreck for a year or two, you guys will have more chances.
You aren't even in the running for dumbest.

But your homeristic optimism is unparalleled. Bless your heart for it too.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dq5idLZ.gif

She's a Hall of Famer and I think JV is 1 as well.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had my eyes water..thinking of verlander getting his ring.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had my eyes water..thinking of verlander getting his ring.

I think your eyes were watering because he shoved his dick too far down your throat.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No iffy. That's your mom you were thinking of. She could take it down her throat like a champ.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody else is even close. It's embarrassing really.