• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Still An Honor To Be Inducted Into The Rock and Roll HoF?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jay Z, Grandmaster Flash and ABBA among others are now members?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jay Z, Grandmaster Flash and ABBA among others are now members?

You don't think those three are monsters and legends in the music industry? The RnR part of the hall's name just needs to be disregarded. I'm not a fan of any of them, but can recognize their impact.

All HOFs and award shows and such are largely just ego strokes and too often have the stamp of the deciding committee. Can you really expect a Jann Wenner led HOF to not bear the stench of his magazine? So many historically poor reviews of classic records, complete disregard of genres, etc.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainstream rock mostly died 25 years ago. So they'd pretty much have to shut the doors if they didnt expand what 'rocks'

Still an honor

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think those three are monsters and legends in the music industry? The RnR part of the hall's name just needs to be disregarded. I'm not a fan of any of them, but can recognize their impact.

All HOFs and award shows and such are largely just ego strokes and too often have the stamp of the deciding committee. Can you really expect a Jann Wenner led HOF to not bear the stench of his magazine? So many historically poor reviews of classic records, complete disregard of genres, etc.
Nonsense. This is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not the music hall of fame. Its done simply to show how "woke" they are at The Hall. These bands can't get in, Bad Company, The Guess Who, Blue Oyster Cult, Billy Idol, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, America, Kansas, Foreigner, Foghat, Eddie Money, Boston, Thin Lizzy. And yet these other folks who are not close to Rock & Roll get in?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. This is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not the music hall of fame. Its done simply to show how "woke" they are at The Hall. These bands can't get in, Bad Company, The Guess Who, Blue Oyster Cult, Billy Idol, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, America, Kansas, Foreigner, Foghat, Eddie Money, Boston, Thin Lizzy. And yet these other folks who are not close to Rock & Roll get in?

That ship sailed a long time ago. A lot of those more current acts you dont feel belong are every bit as r&r as The Supremes, though even many rappers say they aren't r&r .. but that's also a narrow view of both forms that come from the same sources. I sense the usual bias in your likes & dislikes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ship sailed a long time ago. A lot of those more current acts you dont feel belong are every bit as r&r as The Supremes, though even many rappers say they aren't r&r .. but that's also a narrow view of both forms that come from the same sources. I sense the usual bias in your likes & dislikes.
It’s not rock and roll and folks like Jay Z and Grandmaster would be the first to say so. It’s this new “woke” nonsense about being inclusive. Being racially inclusive is great. We have the greats like Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Jimi Hendrix. Fantastic; just don’t dilute the authenticity and excellence of folks in this genre by putting in the likes of those I mentioned above. It’s as absurd as putting the RollingvStones in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not rock and roll and folks like Jay Z and Grandmaster would be the first to say so. It’s this new “woke” nonsense about being inclusive. Being racially inclusive is great. We have the greats like Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Jimi Hendrix. Fantastic; just don’t dilute the authenticity and excellence of folks in this genre by putting in the likes of those I mentioned above. It’s as absurd as putting the RollingvStones in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame

Like I said, if you're going to consider groups like The Supremes or The Drifters rock & roll, both long time R&R HOF inductees, then I don't see how you can exclude rappers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, if you're going to consider groups like The Supremes or The Drifters rock & roll, both long time R&R HOF inductees, then I don't see how you can exclude rappers.
Yeah, you did say that but what you said makes no more sense in this post than it did in your other post

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you did say that but what you said makes no more sense in this post than it did in your other post

Sam Cooke was in the very first class inducted. R&B counts, the RnR name is a misnomer.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are sooooo many genres and subgenres that fall under the rock banner. While I agree that the R&R HoF plays loose and fast with the definition to encompass popular music in general, I don't see why someone would think their definition is somehow more correct than other's.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R&R HoF is a joke to begin with. So no... doesn't really matter except to those who dig popularity contests and random hall of fames.