• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it just me or...

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I'm not normally an "Everyone hates OU" kinda guy. I get that ESPN is in the SEC's pocket and I don't expect much from them. But two things in the past weeks just really got under my skin.

First, Saturday's commentators, Brian Greise and Steve Levy, were horrible. Their comments during the first half about Baker Mayfield made it obvious they were either a) completely clueless about the young man or b) fixated on pulling Baker and the program down a notch. Their continuing comments about "well, sure, he's acting differently this week but sooner or later his character will come out" and "hopefully all of this attention will rein in his horrible behavior" were completely crap (I sent rather long twitter rants directly to Greise, Levy and ESPN during the 1st half). IF Baker is mentioned on a national sports show, it has been about his play on the field, his skill at QB, etc., with really two exceptions. His public intox and his antics against KU. The way the ESPN morons were going on made him out to be Jameis Winston!

Can I add that I'm not a huge fan of the acquisition of Joey "The Idiot" Galloway by ESPN. Yesterday's selection show was incredible in that Galloway made some incredibly stupid comments, including "TCU manhandled and shut down OU's offense it the second half of the game." It's obvious he didn't watch the game and his pick of Baylor to win the Big XII shows that his football knowledge is...let's just say limited.

The second incident came from the selection committee. When they discounted Clemson's loss because they lost their QB in the first half, while playing up OU's loss to Iowa State despite the fact that we lost CeeDee Lamb and Abdul Adams, our two "go-to" weapons, in the first half just pissed me off. If a team is #1, you shouldn't have to make an excuse for anything. "It was a bad loss, but the rest of their resume shows they are deserving" is a good enough argument. We can then bitch about, I mean discuss, the resume but if you have to make the injury excuse to justify a #1, then it starts to look like you are just trying to avoid giving OU the respect that it has earned, especially in the closing weeks of the season.

Am I just being hypersensitive or does it seem like "they are looking for any excuse" to down play OU's team this year?

TL:DR SoonerAlum is a whiny baby.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Galloway is a dumbass but it is what it is.

OU just has to win. Win and they'll all be kissing OUr asses.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Galloway is a dumbass but it is what it is.

OU just has to win. Win and they'll all be kissing OUr asses.

I get that BUT what killed me is all season, from the tOSU win, every week ESPN and Fox have been looking for someone other than Baker to give the Heisman to. "Saquon Barkley is clearly the best player in college football" or "Yeah, Sam Darnold has thrown a hell of a lot of picks but he's clearly an outstanding QB" kinda thing. Hell, just yesterday the Sporting News ran an article that said Saquon deserves the Heisman.

I get that's how they generate revenue, by printing headlines that get people to click but, holy crap...

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I'm not normally an "Everyone hates OU" kinda guy. I get that ESPN is in the SEC's pocket and I don't expect much from them. But two things in the past weeks just really got under my skin.

First, Saturday's commentators, Brian Greise and Steve Levy, were horrible. Their comments during the first half about Baker Mayfield made it obvious they were either a) completely clueless about the young man or b) fixated on pulling Baker and the program down a notch. Their continuing comments about "well, sure, he's acting differently this week but sooner or later his character will come out" and "hopefully all of this attention will rein in his horrible behavior" were completely crap (I sent rather long twitter rants directly to Greise, Levy and ESPN during the 1st half). IF Baker is mentioned on a national sports show, it has been about his play on the field, his skill at QB, etc., with really two exceptions. His public intox and his antics against KU. The way the ESPN morons were going on made him out to be Jameis Winston!

Can I add that I'm not a huge fan of the acquisition of Joey "The Idiot" Galloway by ESPN. Yesterday's selection show was incredible in that Galloway made some incredibly stupid comments, including "TCU manhandled and shut down OU's offense it the second half of the game." It's obvious he didn't watch the game and his pick of Baylor to win the Big XII shows that his football knowledge is...let's just say limited.

The second incident came from the selection committee. When they discounted Clemson's loss because they lost their QB in the first half, while playing up OU's loss to Iowa State despite the fact that we lost CeeDee Lamb and Abdul Adams, our two "go-to" weapons, in the first half just pissed me off. If a team is #1, you shouldn't have to make an excuse for anything. "It was a bad loss, but the rest of their resume shows they are deserving" is a good enough argument. We can then bitch about, I mean discuss, the resume but if you have to make the injury excuse to justify a #1, then it starts to look like you are just trying to avoid giving OU the respect that it has earned, especially in the closing weeks of the season.

Am I just being hypersensitive or does it seem like "they are looking for any excuse" to down play OU's team this year?

TL:DR SoonerAlum is a whiny baby.
You're on point about everything.

All the networks that do business with the BigXII don't care for the BigXII pulling the "we're gonna expand" trick, taking some advantage with the structure of the contracts in place milking them for more money to not expand. That coupled with the Disney Entertainoplex poo-pooing anything that isn't the SEC or B1G all work on OU's perception nationally. Haters gonna hate, and here's to OU giving them so much more to hate! :suds:

MAKE THEM SHUT UP.
MAKE THEM QUIT.
NOBODY GAVE US A FUCKING THING, WE WENT AND TOOK IT. JUST LIKE IT SHOULD BE.
BOOMER.