• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it just me? (It can’t possibly be...)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or is it really satisfying to see the #1 seeded Ravens getting pushed around at home by a lower seeded team?

I’m really not a Ravens hater here. I’m indifferent to them at best. This is taking me a little by surprise though: that being how enjoyable it is to see the top seeded Ravens squandering HFA to a lower seeded team.

It’s even the same ref in charge: Bill Vinovich. Of course we remember how he and his crew did everything in their power to ensure the Ravens in 2012 pulled the upset over the Broncos.

I don’t fault the Ravens for benefitting from bad refs, but still there is something really satisfying about seeing the 14-2 Ravens getting bullied by a 9-7 Titans team. Okay, 10-7 if you count playoff wins.

its 28-6 going into the final turn. The Ravens can still pull an incredible comeback. But the way this titans team is playing I certainly don’t expect it.

and I hope the titans hold on. Ravens fans need to experience this kind of disappointment.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it because that likely means the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl and for me that’s like worst-case scenario.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it because that likely means the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl and for me that’s like worst-case scenario.

yeah but they still have to beat the Texans. Let’s revisit this after they play, agree?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two turd games in a row by Jackson.

Lamar can score a zillion points and the jury will still Be out until he does something in the playoffs

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans 28, Ravens 12. And the Titans straight up outplayed the Ravens unlike the Ravens and their gifted upset win over the Broncos in 2012. I’ll take it.

Again, I’m not salty. I just enjoy seeing stuff like this happen every once in a while.

next year I’d like to see the 10-6 Broncos knock off a 13-3 #1 seed in the divisional round.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that the old Oilers and the new Houston team may meet for the AFC championship - I'd love to see that for a couple of reasons.

I have only recently taken the measure of D. Henry at RB, but that dude has an armored body and is right now playing a level above everyone else.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that the old Oilers and the new Houston team may meet for the AFC championship - I'd love to see that for a couple of reasons.

I have only recently taken the measure of D. Henry at RB, but that dude has an armored body and is right now playing a level above everyone else.

And Denver beat both this year. Does that say anything about Denver ? Def closer to a WC spot. Still miles away from KC

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Broncos were 3 FGs away from jumping from a strong 7-9 team to a weak 10-6 team. Normally I am careful to speculate changes and assume everything else would have remained the same but in this case I think it’s somewhat valid given the way they were all last second field goals, all aided by poor officiating, and combined with Flacco’s injury.

Of course I’d rather have seen the Broncos be a weak 10-6 team because that would have been a playoff team AND we’d still be excited about Lock going forward. But as noted this team still appears a long way from the Chiefs.

it’ll be interesting to see if the Chiefs defense is actually coming together or if they’ve been feasting on lower tiered offenses. We saw the same thing toward the end of last year and into the first playoff game then the Pats hung 37 on them.

Texans have been up and down: they upset the Chiefs in Arrowhead already once this year but they got trounced at home by the Broncos. Beating the Chiefs in their castle twice is going to be a hard thing to do but it’s possible. Never under estimate either of these HC’s abilities to make a major gaffe at a critical moment.

this one is going to be entertaining.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a heathy Will Fuller which I think is not happening. As a nice lesson to Denver . Need that speed #2 opposite your number #1.

Fuller was on pace for courtland Sutton numbers.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have 2 thoughts here:
  • The Chiefs and Texans have a history of coming up small in big games.
  • The Titans defense and running game are dominating right now. I would not be surprised if the Titans beat either of the Chiefs or Texans. The Titans is the type of team I want Denver to be, a bully that will play any team, anywhere and like their chances to win.
I think Denver has a good start on Offense, but need a power back to compliment Lindsay. I think Freeman still could be that guy, although he ended up in the dog house this year for some reason. But it is the Defense that I am most concerned about. The core of the Defense is not getting any younger and their play has been been slipping. I am sure another year in the Fangio's system will help, but the players are not getting any younger. We need a couple pieces on offense and defense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Denver beat both this year. Does that say anything about Denver ? Def closer to a WC spot. Still miles away from KC

Well we didn’t beat this Titans team because they stopped playing Mariota after they got embarrassed by us.

So in essence the Titans owe this season to us as a thank you for shutting down Mariota and allowing them to go with Tannehill the rest of the year.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are getting taken to the woodshed early. 21-0 in the 1st. That. Is. Awesome.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are getting taken to the woodshed early. 21-0 in the 1st. That. Is. Awesome.

And this is why I don’t like to put hope into anything before it’s final.

Chiefs have all the momentum now.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I don’t like to put hope into anything before it’s final.

Chiefs have all the momentum now.

well there’s an entire second half. Most of us likely expected the Chiefs to win this one anyway. It would be nice if the Texans swing it again though.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc being in the AFCw sucks
Down 24-0 puts up 51 in 2 1/2 qtr. KC has a unicorn. Not sure Denver can keep up unless they have a QB to match Mahoomes.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is an amazing talent, but he will get banged up become more like everyone else. The question is when.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is an amazing talent, but he will get banged up become more like everyone else. The question is when.

Which is why we need to be better on Offense and Defense. I am hoping that we see a step up with the Defense in 2020. They were pretty good in some areas but average in others. The Offense is trending in the right direction, just need to build on that, which makes the change OC a little more puzzling.