• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is FZ on the hot seat?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this article is a summary of another article behind a paywall, I don't know all the details, but I'm picking up that maybe Boras wasn't as involved as he normally would be in the negotiation of the extension. If that is the case, I do wonder how much that affects the likelihood of Snell also signing an extension. Snell has publicly come out in support of Boras recently, basically saying that he trusts his agent. It would suggest that Snell won't be signing an extension or deciding against using his opt out after this season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is this just a one off situation?

If these reports are true, then I would actually be in favor of FZ sticking around. I STRONGLY believe FZ could be a HOF-level #2 in the FO. Let him work the score as sheets and find those buried treasures. Let him PROPOSE to his superior some particular nobody in the Astros system who is getting overlooked.

But don’t him anywhere near the steering wheel for this bus.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this article is a summary of another article behind a paywall, I don't know all the details, but I'm picking up that maybe Boras wasn't as involved as he normally would be in the negotiation of the extension. If that is the case, I do wonder how much that affects the likelihood of Snell also signing an extension. Snell has publicly come out in support of Boras recently, basically saying that he trusts his agent. It would suggest that Snell won't be signing an extension or deciding against using his opt out after this season.
I don’t understand how everyone is looking at Snells comments about “wanting to stay here” as anything more than just a political statement in order to make sure the Giants submit bids in order to drive up his asking price. Saying he would like to stay her, as long as he gets market value, is the same as just saying he wants market value. The qualifier of him wanting to stay here is just noise in that statement. The meat was “market value”.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand how everyone is looking at Snells comments about “wanting to stay here” as anything more than just a political statement in order to make sure the Giants submit bids in order to drive up his asking price. Saying he would like to stay her, as long as he gets market value, is the same as just saying he wants market value. The qualifier of him wanting to stay here is just noise in that statement. The meat was “market value”.
As tzill points out, if the two highest offers are of equal value, and of them is from the Giants, maybe it means that he'd stick around here versus going somewhere else. Of course, he could get offended at something the Giants do or don't do between now and that signing day and change his mind.

But, yes, I generally agree with you on this. He is saying what he needs to say to not burn his bridges here. Being completely non committal (i.e. dodging the question about whether he'd like to stay or saying something along the lines of he doesn't care where he goes next) could potentially be a negative should his best deal be here. But his comments, I think, mean nothing more than he wants the best deal from whichever team offers it. Of course, with what little I know, that could be just fan fiction. :heh:

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Borass wrote those comments for Snell. His client then practiced saying it in front of a mirror until he had it down pat, then let it out to the public. So yes he is looking for the highest bidder.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article I read at work when I was supposed to be working had this in it, which is quite intriguing:

Within days of signing with the Giants, Chapman was fielding calls from players who wanted to join him with the Giants. He never said that he was selling people on San Francisco, but Chapman did hint at pending free agents letting him know they were interested. The 2024 free agency class has stars that should excite Giants fans if they are considering joining Chapman.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article I read at work when I was supposed to be working had this in it, which is quite intriguing:

Within days of signing with the Giants, Chapman was fielding calls from players who wanted to join him with the Giants. He never said that he was selling people on San Francisco, but Chapman did hint at pending free agents letting him know they were interested. The 2024 free agency class has stars that should excite Giants fans if they are considering joining Chapman.

Chapman is pretty well respected around the league, so he could be a good recruiter.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chapman is pretty well respected around the league, so he could be a good recruiter.

I’m hoping this is a good sign.
As long as they would be clear upgrades . . .

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they would be clear upgrades . . .
I agree .... and I would also hope that they were being recruited as 'long term' building blocks and not just playoff building blocks. We need to establish the core first and then go after the 'short term' investments.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Borass wrote those comments for Snell. His client then practiced saying it in front of a mirror until he had it down pat, then let it out to the public. So yes he is looking for the highest bidder.
Based on....what?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ed on....what?
Come on Tzill .... you knlw what he means .... we all know that no agent is goingt to prepare a script for their clients ... but no client is going to shut the door on a perspective team ... this is probably a pretty standard answer for any player in Snell's position.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm a bit grumpy now that I've blown up all those pagers...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I may not be a fan of FZ as the executive in the front office, I certainly have no ill will against him. I hope whatever he is going through is healed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely SHOCKING that Kruk went on KNBR this AM and sang the praises of FZ.

Such a company stooge.

TBF, M&B are pretty much calling him out for his bad take.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baggs was on this morning and said he thought FZ is best suited as a #2 guy.