• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dalton still the qb?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need I say more?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will reserve judgement and see how Taylor does with him. Supposedly he designs plays around the players involved in that play to maximize their abilities. So until I see Dalton operate under Taylor's offense, I will reserve judgement.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Dalton meets Taylor videos are going to be hilarious to re-watch when we take a qb in the first round of the 2020 draft.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we keep letting decent OL go and patching the OL with whomever we can scrape up, so it really won't matter unless we draft a running QB who can evade 2 or 3 DL's at a time.

Zac Taylor just accepted a job that will let him fail for consecutive years with the excuse "he just started, we're implementing a new system, we're rebuilding" After 3 or 4 years of excuses, he will eventually quit because Mr. Brown won't fire him.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more Taylor gushes over Dalton, the more I’m convinced they’re looking for a new QB.

It’s just like when Gruden returned to Oakland last year. Nothing but “love” for Derek Carr and how he fit the “system”. Now it appears they can’t be rid of each other fast enough.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more Taylor gushes over Dalton, the more I’m convinced they’re looking for a new QB.

It’s just like when Gruden returned to Oakland last year. Nothing but “love” for Derek Carr and how he fit the “system”. Now it appears they can’t be rid of each other fast enough.

Its really all an economic decision at this point. Dalton costs nothing to cut and probably doesn't have a big market for trade. I can see a team giving up a 2nd for him, but not much else. Keep in mind, Jimmy G. only netted a 2nd and he had a huge upside. Of course, we need to all try to forget that the Browns were going to give us a 1 for AJ.... They're the Browns and they are out of the qb market. I digress..... Anyway, if Dalton is the qb of the future for the Bengals (next 5 or 6 years), he's going to be due another deal. That deal is going to have a significant impact what the team does going forward. On the other hand, the Bengals could decide to go in a different (and cheaper) direction with a high draft pick. I think they're worried about bottom line - I think they are going to go all in on an improved offense in a weak division and try to make a playoff run next season. If it blows up, they'll pick in the top 10 and move on from Andy.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Bengals.com

One of the many reasons the Bengals are staking their future on Taylor is because of his knowledge deep down the roster and his admiration of Dalton. Zac Taylor has been watching Dalton as long as Brooks has been alive.

“I saw about every snap he had at TCU,” Taylor said. “In Miami I watched the Bengals quite a bit as an AFC foe and we played the Bengals quite a bit. I’ve always thought very highly of Andy and I think he’ll thrive in this system. Smart players will do well in this offense. And I know Andy is a very smart player. He’s got all the tools to be a great quarterback in this league and he’s been doing it for a long time. And we’ve seen that from him.”

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of Andy's problem is that he gets outsmarted by defenses. :/