• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Bobert Quinn the answer at GM?

Is Bob Quinn the answer as GM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take a look at his Drafts and FA signing so far. Also I had some down time today due to illness, sorry for the long assed 3 post here.

Draft:
Picks: Taylor Decker, A'Shawn Robinson, Graham Glasgow, Miles Killebrew, Joe Dahl, Antwione Williams, Jake Rudock, Anthony Zettel, Jimmy Landes, Dwayne Washington

2 solid starters on the Oline. Thought they had a late round steal with Zettel, he was not the long term answer as a starter, but he was a decent stop gap and would have been a nice rotation piece should they ever actually build a D line. No way should they have released him. Robinson is not what we hoped, but most people thought that was a steal in the second round. Got more line talent in one draft then Mayhew got in his entire tenure.

Grade:B-?

Picks: Jarrad Davis, Teez Tabor, Kenny Golladay, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Michael Roberts, Jamal Agnew, Jeremiah Ledbetter, Brad Kaaya, Pat O'Connor

Golladay is a steal and Agnew is an awesome returner. Michael Roberts still shows some potential, but way to inconsistent right now. Rest of this draft is shit, and I apologize to shit for lumping it in with Quinn's draft. Did he really draft a long snapper?

Grade: D+

Picks: Frank Ragnow, Kerryon Johnson, Tracy Walker, Da'Shawn Hand, Tyrell Crosby, Nick Bawden

This Draft looks awesome. I was wrong on Ragnow, but luckily @RobBase is not known to hang onto something like this and bring it up often for the next 5 years. Johnson is a beast. Hand is solid, but I still hate giving up a 3rd next year for him. Walker is an unknown. He feels like the new version of Killebrew to me though. This draft also showed I have no idea what I am talking about as I was angry through the entire thing and is the best draft Lions have had in a long time.

Grade: B+

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't list all the signing and what not, but Will post the most signifigant.

Signings
Signed: Tavon Wilson, Marvin Jones, Stefan Charles, Johnson Bademosi, Geoff Schwartz

Marvin Jones has lived up to the contract, has been a solid option. Tavon Wilson has been a good safety for us as well. Over paid Bademosi to for special teams play. I liked the Schwartz signing, was not correct though.

Grade: B

Signed: TJ Lang, Rick Wagner

Nothing major outside of those 2. Wagner of Reiff is fine, Reiff thought he was a Left Tackle and he was not. Signing Land and letting Warford walk was ahuge mistake. Lang cost more, is older, and has a long injury history to his head. so 50/50 here

Grade: C

Signed: Franchised Ziggy's Corpse, Cut Ebron to save cap room then used none of that room to sign a replacement, Chritian Jones, Devon Kennard, Luke Wilson, Sylvester Wiliams, waived Zettel for some reason, Claimed Romeo Okwara

Kennard, Jones, and Okwara have all worked out well. The Ebron thing makes absolutely no sense, he has some drop issues, but he was hands down the best option the Lions had, they did nothing to replace him after they saved the money from cutting him. Williams was not at all what we hoped for, I liked the signing at the time

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades
Trades:
Brandon Thomas for Jeremy Kerley. Nothing happened and nobody cared
Kyle Van Noy and a 7th for a 6th rounder. Van Noy did not fit our defense scheme at all, this was Quinn fist chance to help out the Patriots and boy did he. Noy could the Lions use him now that they are transistioning to the same defense!
Traded for Johnathan Banks, but the pick never conveyed.

2 nothing trades and one short sighted garbage trade to help his former team
Grade: D

Trades:
Bademosi to Patriots for a 6th. I like this one
Laken Tomlinson to the 49ers for a 5th. Some one gave us a pick for Tomlinson?
Traded a 6th for Greg Robinson
Traded back 10 spots in the 3rd and added a 4th round pick. This turned into Golladay, guy the Patriots took is already not on the team. Quinn took the Patriots to the woodshed on this one

Only Negative was Robinson, but it only cost us a 6th. The fact that he got picks for Bademosi and Tomlinson is awesome. The draft day trade was awesome.

Trades:
Conditional 7th for Corey Robinson
Eli Harold for a conditional 7th
Conditional 7th for Akeem Spence
3rd round pick for a 4th round pick
Gave up a 4th to move up 8 spots in the second round.

Two of the trades is basically Corey Robinson fro Eli Harold, I will take that. 7th round for Spence is fine. 3rd round pick was basically so we could get Hand. Not too bad. We did not have the 4th because we used it to trade up in the Second. We got Kerryon Johnson out of that though, so not bad at all.

Grade: B-

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall he is far better at trades than I thought, but needs to work on Free Agency a lot. Drafts are hit and miss, his second draft was like a Millen draft, but if Millen was worse somehow.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take a look at his Drafts and FA signing so far. Also I had some down time today due to illness, sorry for the long assed 3 post here.

Draft:
Picks: Taylor Decker, A'Shawn Robinson, Graham Glasgow, Miles Killebrew, Joe Dahl, Antwione Williams, Jake Rudock, Anthony Zettel, Jimmy Landes, Dwayne Washington

2 solid starters on the Oline. Thought they had a late round steal with Zettel, he was not the long term answer as a starter, but he was a decent stop gap and would have been a nice rotation piece should they ever actually build a D line. No way should they have released him. Robinson is not what we hoped, but most people thought that was a steal in the second round. Got more line talent in one draft then Mayhew got in his entire tenure.

Grade:B-?

Picks: Jarrad Davis, Teez Tabor, Kenny Golladay, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Michael Roberts, Jamal Agnew, Jeremiah Ledbetter, Brad Kaaya, Pat O'Connor

Golladay is a steal and Agnew is an awesome returner. Michael Roberts still shows some potential, but way to inconsistent right now. Rest of this draft is shit, and I apologize to shit for lumping it in with Quinn's draft. Did he really draft a long snapper?

Picks: Frank Ragnow, Kerryon Johnson, Tracy Walker, Da'Shawn Hand, Tyrell Crosby, Nick Bawden

This Draft looks awesome. I was wrong on Ragnow, but luckily @RobBase is not known to hang onto something like this and bring it up often for the next 5 years. Johnson is a beast. Hand is solid, but I still hate giving up a 3rd next year for him. Walker is an unknown. He feels like the new version of Killebrew to me though. This draft also showed I have no idea what I am talking about as I was angry through the entire thing and is the best draft Lions have had in a long time.

All this shows me is Quinn is a better offensive evaluator of talent than defense.

Almost every pick on defense has been a let down. While he has hung his hat on offensive gems such as Golladay, Glasgow, Johnson and Agnew (kick returning only).

I don't mind him doing his best at trying to fix the offensive line. Decker, Ragnow and Glasgow are still young. Lang and Wagner were seasoned veterans with a track record and the best free agents available for those positions at the time of signing. They just ended up busting. Not many of us could of predicted that.

Hopefully he will let Patricia pick the defensive players in this year's draft.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall he is far better at trades than I thought, but needs to work on Free Agency a lot. Drafts are hit and miss, his second draft was like a Millen draft, but if Millen was worse somehow.

That second draft was a classic Millen draft. 1st rounder is a mediocre starter and the 2nd rounder is a full blown draft bust. That is literally how Millen's drafts went for 8 consecutive years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase was big on Daniels C from Iowa. He was correct on the position. Don’t let him off the hook for the next 5 years.

I almost would like to see him stay at G. He’s a road grader in the run game. His pass blocking is mid range and can improve. As I suspect it will in year two, because he has already improved over his early games in pass pro.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Millen and Mayhew he is a god. Also, you underrated TW3. Dude is a baller.

Has anyone else noticed how much better A'shawn has gotten since Snacks got here. He may not be done afterall. The defense as a whole is so much better at gap containment now then they were earlier in the season.

Need ro bring in another CB and LB next year . We will need another WR and another DL as well. If he fails to address this then maybe I will change my mind.

If he brings in new coordinators then he is golden.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Millen and Mayhew he is a god. Also, you underrated TW3. Dude is a baller.

Has anyone else noticed how much better A'shawn has gotten since Snacks got here. He may not be done afterall. The defense as a whole is so much better at gap containment now then they were earlier in the season.

Need ro bring in another CB and LB next year . We will need another WR and another DL as well. If he fails to address this then maybe I will change my mind.

If he brings in new coordinators then he is golden.

Holy crap, on the trades I left of the Snacks trade, that has been by far one of his better moves. At this point when Quinn makes a trade he has earned the benefit of the doubt if I don't like it at first glance.

I hope you are right about Walker, I would love to have a new stud safety ready to step in for Glover Quinn

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has drafted more good players than not. Tabor might still work at safety. I think Davis is better than people give him credit for. Not a beast but not a bust. There are bigger busts on other teams than both of those guys.

I think next year we see the BQ/Patty vision start to really take place. Big question mark is QB. Stafford leading a pack of whiners against tough practices and coaching changes has derailed any momentum this team had changing HCs.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has drafted more good players than not. Tabor might still work at safety. I think Davis is better than people give him credit for. Not a beast but not a bust. There are bigger busts on other teams than both of those guys.

Davis doesn't outright suck. But he is getting outplayed by random 1-2 million dollar a year free agents. It's not a good sign.

To me, Tabor is flat out a bust. If he is too slow to cover on the outside. He sure and hell isn't going to keep up with lighting quick slot receivers. Kind of leaves him as an in the box type safety which is not what he was drafted for and is not his strength. I highly doubt he is on the Lions roster after next season.

That is classic Millen-style drafting. Draft average starter (not franchise caliber player) in the first. Draft a flat out bust in the 2nd.

Only difference is Quinn has actually hit on some mid to late rounders. Kerryon looks like a stud too. He also did well getting snacks for a 5th rounder as well.

He deserves a "C" grade for now.
Move him up or down, depending on how Decker and Robinson play next year and this next year's upcoming draft.