• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iron Fist

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that social justice isn't real justice, though.

Another meaningless distinction. People live in groups. Thus 'social.' Therefore justice apples to people, thus social justice.

So unless you're talking justice for some monk living by himself on a mountaintop, all justice is by definition, social.

Dirty Harry saw systemic issues with the justice system worrying more about criminal's rights than victim's rights. So he acted to rectify that. Thus social justice.

In pretty much every Eastwood movie, he's a SJW.

AGAIN, conflict -------> resolution.

If it's a comedy, there's justice, if it's a tragedy, there's no justice. A bit oversimplified, but the point stands.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another meaningless distinction. People live in groups. Thus 'social.' Therefore justice apples to people, thus social justice.

So unless you're talking justice for some monk living by himself on a mountaintop, all justice is by definition, social.

Dirty Harry saw systemic issues with the justice system worrying more about criminal's rights than victim's rights. So he acted to rectify that. Thus social justice.

In pretty much every Eastwood movie, he's a SJW.

AGAIN, conflict -------> resolution.

If it's a comedy, there's justice, if it's a tragedy, there's no justice. A bit oversimplified, but the point stands.

I get your point. Totally fair.

But whining that a character who had never held the iron fist, should hold the iron fist solely because she's asian and the guy who has always held the fist is a white male....is a far cry from Dirty Harry.

they have literally manufactured a conflict so they can be "righteous"

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point. Totally fair.

But whining that a character who had never held the iron fist, should hold the iron fist solely because she's asian and the guy who has always held the fist is a white male....is a far cry from Dirty Harry.

they have literally manufactured a conflict so they can be "righteous"

TOTALLY depends on where you're standing doesn't it? If you're Asian, you MAYBE have a different take?

And yes, I get that some 'sjw's' don't do their causes any favors. But the idea that people can't fight for 'justice,' or they're whiny crybabies, IS bullshit AND extremely lazy thinking.

SJW has become shorthand for 'stuff I don't agree with.'

Lazy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOTALLY depends on where you're standing doesn't it? If you're Asian, you MAYBE have a different take?

And yes, I get that some 'sjw's' don't do their causes any favors. But the idea that people can't fight for 'justice,' or they're whiny crybabies, IS bullshit AND extremely lazy thinking.

SJW has become shorthand for 'stuff I don't agree with.'

Lazy.

This is an established character. Two actually.

By staying true to the character they got a bunch of bs. Danny Rand is a white dude. He crash landed with monks and evetnually got the fist. Colleen is Asian (samauri decent) and never did. It’s really simple. Yet people pitched a fit.

Like I said, totally manufactured conflict so they could feel “righteous.”

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an established character. Two actually.

By staying true to the character they got a bunch of bs. Danny Rand is a white dude. He crash landed with monks and evetnually got the fist. Colleen is Asian (samauri decent) and never did. It’s really simple. Yet people pitched a fit.

Like I said, totally manufactured conflict so they could feel “righteous.”

Every single director changes things from the original source... it is not new... so I think the focus on that things have to remain as it always is is not a good point...

Again, i agree that this particular change felt SJWish... But not because of the move, but because it was written in sloppily, and felt forced...

If they wrote in a VALID reason to give Colleen the powers, then it would be fine...

@chf is correct that SJW is all over all movies, and tv shows... but as long as it fits the story, it is fine...

I do think, politically speaking White Christian Males don't understand what it is like to be a minority... and they do throw out the SJW tag too much...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single director changes things from the original source... it is not new... so I think the focus on that things have to remain as it always is is not a good point...

Again, i agree that this particular change felt SJWish... But not because of the move, but because it was written in sloppily, and felt forced...

If they wrote in a VALID reason to give Colleen the powers, then it would be fine...

@chf is correct that SJW is all over all movies, and tv shows... but as long as it fits the story, it is fine...

I do think, politically speaking White Christian Males don't understand what it is like to be a minority... and they do throw out the SJW tag too much...

Any why did they force it?

A bunch of sissies throwing a temper tantrum before the show even started.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they forced it because of lazy, or bad, or rushed writing... But lets not pretend that political agendas are new to the entertainment world...

On both sides... Sure, Hollywood is much more liberal... But there are a good share of conservative heavy shows...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. Rage on Q.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God knows there's a shortage of good roles for white males!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they forced it because of lazy, or bad, or rushed writing... But lets not pretend that political agendas are new to the entertainment world...

On both sides... Sure, Hollywood is much more liberal... But there are a good share of conservative heavy shows...

oh of course it works on both sides.

I'd disagree on "good share."

Hollywood hangs more left than a **** star.

But they definitely do exist.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and lets also not pretend that the whole idea of the character IF is not racially patronizing... I mean, lets put a white boy in an Asian world and making him their savior...

But then abandons them, because his past is more important...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and lets also not pretend that the whole idea of the character IF is not racially patronizing... I mean, lets put a white boy in an Asian world and making him their savior...

But then abandons them, because his past is more important...

1) i'd say protector, not savior

2) you could easily look at is the flip side. They took a westerner who took to their ways and assimilated himself into their culture. Pretty sure there an entire section in the 48 laws of power that talked about this.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) i'd say protector, not savior

2) you could easily look at is the flip side. They took a westerner who took to their ways and assimilated himself into their culture. Pretty sure there an entire section in the 48 laws of power that talked about this.

believe me, nobody looks at it the other way unless you are a white boy and your name is rick...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throughout this whole series, I kept asking myself, “Why doesn’t that guy have a gun?” All the gangsters have knives or hatchets. I feel like you could just blast the iron fist carrier in the right setting.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iron Fist has been cancelled, at least on Netflix.

It is possible that Disney may decide to revive the series on Disney's own new streaming platform.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Disney for solving what we need most, a 35th streaming service.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the problem with the system.

now that everyone sees how good netflix and hulu are doing, they're going to start taking them off and doing their own streaming service.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whatever the service, just allow me to download the fucking programming so I can watch it on a plane.