• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iron Fist

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And an ist?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

What kind of hero let’s his girl friend take a role that she doesn’t know how to get and if she performs the ritual wrong she can die??

To me that sounds like a coward. And that’s the problem. Not that Colleen became the IF but how it was forced into the storyline.

It seemed like the writers were like,” we were blasted for not having an Asian IF, let’s force it into the story!!!”

I have no problem with her becoming IF, they just had to write it in better

A humbled hero. Maybe he recognized that he wasn't worthy and he was holding her back. Her backstory is that of a bushido warrior as trained by her father. Given Danny's initial naivete (one of the reasons IF1 was kinda lousy), one could make the argument that Colleen is more deserving of the IF. Lots of mythology in being granted powers, then acting irresponsibly and having to take a journey to find oneself. And so many times, power can be thrust upon someone and how they choose to accept it kind of defines them. Every show is going to have its warts, but I'm ok with this.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, well on this website, you're only outpacing them by about a 10 to 1 clip.

I guess you don't visit the politics forum, basically ever?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A humbled hero. Maybe he recognized that he wasn't worthy and he was holding her back. Her backstory is that of a bushido warrior as trained by her father. Given Danny's initial naivete (one of the reasons IF1 was kinda lousy), one could make the argument that Colleen is

Again, I don’t mind that she took the Powers. I just thought it was forced.

Here is a few problems with giving her the power

1. IF is the protector of kun Lon. You gave the powers to someone who doesn’t know traditions and history of the secret land.

2. You gave her the powers, and instead of helping her figure them out you left her to find out more about the IF.

3. You risked her life by giving her the powers and showed her how to get them. Giving powers to someone who doesn’t even know how to get it.

4. Kun Lon is missing. How you gonna get it back without a protector that is searching for the land??

You see how resolve is not very important here??

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don’t mind that she took the Powers. I just thought it was forced.

Here is a few problems with giving her the power

1. IF is the protector of kun Lon. You gave the powers to someone who doesn’t know traditions and history of the secret land.

2. You gave her the powers, and instead of helping her figure them out you left her to find out more about the IF.

3. You risked her life by giving her the powers and showed her how to get them. Giving powers to someone who doesn’t even know how to get it.

4. Kun Lon is missing. How you gonna get it back without a protector that is searching for the land??

You see how resolve is not very important here??

Hence why it was nothing more than pandering

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why it was nothing more than pandering

The easy write in would have been that he wasn’t entirely healed yet from the broken leg so if things went wrong she had the better chance of beating Davos.

But basically Danny beat him without the fist.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easy write in would have been that he wasn’t entirely healed yet from the broken leg so if things went wrong she had the better chance of beating Davos.

But basically Danny beat him without the fist.

There was not going to be a good justification for giving it to her.

Giving it to the previous IF would’ve made more sense. Instead they made that the cliff hanger. The search for that Dude.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't visit the politics forum, basically ever?

Not any more. That place makes the old NST look like a retirement home for choirboys.

But it's totally skewed the other way from the old place. Conservatives are like 5 to 1 (that's being generous) - to 10 to 1 in the majority here.

I told Flyer I wasn't going to get hit in the forehead with a shovel every day, and never went back in.

I can honestly say that on my worst day in NST I never treated you like Flyer gets treated in the political threads routinely.

He seems to like it though.

<shrug>

to each their own.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any more. That place makes the old NST look like a retirement home for choirboys.

But it's totally skewed the other way from the old place. Conservatives are like 5 to 1 (that's being generous) - to 10 to 1 in the majority here.

I told Flyer I wasn't going to get hit in the forehead with a shovel every day, and never went back in.

I can honestly say that on my worst day in NST I never treated you like Flyer gets treated in the political threads routinely.

<shrug>

to each their own.

yea, never considered myself a liberal... But when i go in the political forum, some posts SCARE the shit out of me...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<shrug>

to each their own.

I mean, you're a dick.

So am I.

I know deep down you love me. lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<shrug>

to each their own.

but in all seriousness, my only point was that those words are thrown around like footballs in there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, that wasn't much of a cliffhanger anyway...they could easily walk away from the show with that ending.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, that wasn't much of a cliffhanger anyway...they could easily walk away from the show with that ending.
While it is possible they walk away, I doubt they do.

With Disney trying to pull all their assets in, you know they won’t help Netflix with these shows. But what kind of contractual protential does Netflix have moving forward?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is possible they walk away, I doubt they do.

With Disney trying to pull all their assets in, you know they won’t help Netflix with these shows. But what kind of contractual protential does Netflix have moving forward?

No idea. I'm sure there's some kind of cut off date. No way disney gave any kind of evergreen clause in the deal.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you're a dick.

So am I.

I know deep down you love me. lol

There's so much gay in that post, it's awesome. Deep down dick.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but in all seriousness, my only point was that those words are thrown around like footballs in there.

Right, fair enough. SJW's is getting a lot of spiral mileage lately. What really bothers me about it is that it's essentially meaningless. I mean Clint is a classic SJW in Dirty Harry too. He sees an injustice, and moves to change it.

That's what happens in EVERY movie and EVERY story ever written.

Conflict ------> resolution.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, fair enough. SJW's is getting a lot of spiral mileage lately. What really bothers me about it is that it's essentially meaningless. I mean Clint is a classic SJW in Dirty Harry too. He sees an injustice, and moves to change it.

That's what happens in EVERY movie and EVERY story ever written.

Conflict ------> resolution.

I'd argue that social justice isn't real justice, though.