• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iron Fist

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I did like is they made you feel for Davos.

Born and bread his whole life for one thing only to have it go to shit and get basically disowned by his mother.

Then he goes down and loses his path due to his tragic flaw.

not sure if he lost his path... seemed like the mother was very anti the Danny... She probably poisoned Davos and Danny's relationship as much as possible(partially shown when she was whipping davos' hands as a child)... She cared only about her family's legacy...

So of course her son is gonna do everything he can to prove his worth to her...

she raised an emotionless son... even said that that was why Danny could never be iron fist...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if he lost his path... seemed like the mother was very anti the Danny... She probably poisoned Davos and Danny's relationship as much as possible(partially shown when she was whipping davos' hands as a child)... She cared only about her family's legacy...

So of course her son is gonna do everything he can to prove his worth to her...

she raised an emotionless son... even said that that was why Danny could never be iron fist...

In that scene where she is cleaning him up, she says that she and her husband raised a champion, meaning they spent their time breeding him to be the next iron fist...at least that's how I took it.

I agree she did not help their relationship, but frankly had either of them lost before the finals, i don't think she could've come between them. Even when on opposite sides neither could deliver a killing blow. There was clearly some no homo love there.

As for the "path" Davos always saw his path as the fist and wanted to clean up NY (now the Hand was destroyed), but he obviously went too far as his tragic flaw was his real actual virtue and pureness...and he took it to such an extreme that it became darkness.

I absolutely loved it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davos was definitely emotionally poisoned. His reaction to the restaurant owner was not the reaction of a “good guy”. Going against the Triad and the Talons is one thing. Taking out a scared civilian is something else entirely.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davos was definitely emotionally poisoned. His reaction to the restaurant owner was not the reaction of a “good guy”. Going against the Triad and the Talons is one thing. Taking out a scared civilian is something else entirely.

He thought he was working for one of them and/or covering for them.

He may have been wrong, but again, i think it was just another example of his tragic flaw.

Frankly, he's not much different than the guys in Boondock Saints.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that scene where she is cleaning him up, she says that she and her husband raised a champion, meaning they spent their time breeding him to be the next iron fist...at least that's how I took it.

I agree she did not help their relationship, but frankly had either of them lost before the finals, i don't think she could've come between them. Even when on opposite sides neither could deliver a killing blow. There was clearly some no homo love there.

As for the "path" Davos always saw his path as the fist and wanted to clean up NY (now the Hand was destroyed), but he obviously went too far as his tragic flaw was his real actual virtue and pureness...and he took it to such an extreme that it became darkness.

I absolutely loved it.

yes, but she seemed cold to danny... And that's what I am talking about... of course she wanted her son to be IF... but it seemed like Danny and Davos relationship was despite the mother not encouraged by her... and she did not want her son to be weak and ruled by his emotions like danny was...

Pretty sure there was a mystical prediction that Danny was going to be IF, and she tried her hardest to defy it...

Even during the Trial when Danny fought Davos, you saw how ruthless and emotionless he was...

Did anyone else catch danny hesitate in the middle of that fight which gave Davos the upperhand?? did that happen or was it just me...

Point is, he was always on the same path... He resented Danny for winning in the first place, and it didn't take him long to scheme a plan to become IF... and that plan had so much built into it that I am sure he conspired before he even decided to take the IF mantle...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, but she seemed cold to danny... And that's what I am talking about... of course she wanted her son to be IF... but it seemed like Danny and Davos relationship was despite the mother not encouraged by her... and she did not want her son to be weak and ruled by his emotions like danny was...

Pretty sure there was a mystical prediction that Danny was going to be IF, and she tried her hardest to defy it...

Even during the Trial when Danny fought Davos, you saw how ruthless and emotionless he was...

Did anyone else catch danny hesitate in the middle of that fight which gave Davos the upperhand?? did that happen or was it just me...

Point is, he was always on the same path... He resented Danny for winning in the first place, and it didn't take him long to scheme a plan to become IF... and that plan had so much built into it that I am sure he conspired before he even decided to take the IF mantle...

If I were to guess, the real plan started when he abandoned Kun Lun.

If he brought Danny back, great.

but he knew this was always going to be an option.

but the game changed once kun lun was just taken....which is obviously not normal.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that his character illustrated nicely what they mean when the say 'true-believer.' You're so chained to your beliefs, that you can't step outside them. You BELIEVE you're doing right, even when you're doing something horribly wrong.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side-note, isn't it great that that particular problem is only found in works of fiction, and never occurs in real-life?!!!!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that his character illustrated nicely what they mean when the say 'true-believer.' You're so chained to your beliefs, that you can't step outside them. You BELIEVE you're doing right, even when you're doing something horribly wrong.

Great point.

Loved the character. He was the star of the show in S2 IMO.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point.

Loved the character. He was the star of the show in S2 IMO.

I didn't mind S1, compared to all the angsty reviews, but I admit S2 is a lot better.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind S1, compared to all the angsty reviews, but I admit S2 is a lot better.

S1 had some pretty big issues, bad fighting choreography and Danny was just written absolutely horribly (rather than being an adult stuck between 2 worlds...he was basically still 9 years old when he came back...just with an adult body).

The hand is also just a very weird villain to deal with.

But I agree that IF1 wasn't nearly as bad as people said. it's probably on par with LC1 and 2 (which both had one strong half and one abysmally bad half) and bette than JJ2.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. S2 was good, but the bar was pretty low from S1
2. Colleen as IF and attuning her power to her sword is good work (there must be history with the sword and who her mother is, so good storylines to come hopefully)
3. Danny searching for Orson Randall opens up multiple storylines about the history of the IF and using the IF chi in unique ways
4. Any tv show/movie with Alice Eve automatically becomes good. I thought her job with Typhoid Mary was a bit incomplete, but laid the groundwork for future villaincy. It's pretty clear that Mary is the lamb and Walker the warrior id, but there is a 3rd personality that helped her out in Sakovia. In the comics, she's augmented by psychic powers, so some interesting possibilities arise here. Could she be a villain that actually helps our heroes from time to time? Or is that 3rd identity just monstrously evil? Regardless, look forward to seeing her again.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. S2 was good, but the bar was pretty low from S1
2. Colleen as IF and attuning her power to her sword is good work (there must be history with the sword and who her mother is, so good storylines to come hopefully)
3. Danny searching for Orson Randall opens up multiple storylines about the history of the IF and using the IF chi in unique ways
4. Any tv show/movie with Alice Eve automatically becomes good. I thought her job with Typhoid Mary was a bit incomplete, but laid the groundwork for future villaincy. It's pretty clear that Mary is the lamb and Walker the warrior id, but there is a 3rd personality that helped her out in Sakovia. In the comics, she's augmented by psychic powers, so some interesting possibilities arise here. Could she be a villain that actually helps our heroes from time to time? Or is that 3rd identity just monstrously evil? Regardless, look forward to seeing her again.

1) it's at least as good as more or less half the other Marvel seasons. Lets say half-ish to not overly quibble.

2) no. Just no. this was just pandering. And how she was able to attune so quickly compared to Danny is ridiculous.

3) Yes....but can we find kun lun first? Please?

4) Loved her. Her and Davos just stole the show. I'm curious how they make the 3rd person go. Walker does whatever she is paid to do. Pure mercenary. She's the one that would likely help a hero out, simply for the money. My other question is why she killed that other guy after he was caught? I'm pretty sure she'll also be in DD3 as well. So we should get more answers to her.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) it's at least as good as more or less half the other Marvel seasons. Lets say half-ish to not overly quibble.

2) no. Just no. this was just pandering. And how she was able to attune so quickly compared to Danny is ridiculous.

3) Yes....but can we find kun lun first? Please?

4) Loved her. Her and Davos just stole the show. I'm curious how they make the 3rd person go. Walker does whatever she is paid to do. Pure mercenary. She's the one that would likely help a hero out, simply for the money. My other question is why she killed that other guy after he was caught? I'm pretty sure she'll also be in DD3 as well. So we should get more answers to her.

2. I believe it will be a mechanism for IF dealing with bad guys with guns. That's really one of the large gaping holes in most hero storylines is how they deal with gunfire. The Punisher is an experienced combat vet. Luke Cage is invincible. To a lesser extend DD, JJ, and IF would all struggle with dodging bullets. Harnessing chi through an important object has a history in comics and I thought it played out sensibly. Maybe Danny will find what's he's looking for and come back with gauntlets that lets him control his IF chi and allows him to deflect bullets. I mean, obviously, he can't stop an automatic weapon, but there's always a nagging feeling that a simple handgun could drop most of these people quite easily.

3. I believe the history of Kun Lun will be told through both Danny and Colleen's back stories.

4. I'm hoping Typhoid Mary is kind of a Psylocke-type villain with mutant powers amplifying her already deadly assassin skills. That should give the team plenty to handle.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. I believe it will be a mechanism for IF dealing with bad guys with guns. That's really one of the large gaping holes in most hero storylines is how they deal with gunfire. The Punisher is an experienced combat vet. Luke Cage is invincible. To a lesser extend DD, JJ, and IF would all struggle with dodging bullets. Harnessing chi through an important object has a history in comics and I thought it played out sensibly. Maybe Danny will find what's he's looking for and come back with gauntlets that lets him control his IF chi and allows him to deflect bullets. I mean, obviously, he can't stop an automatic weapon, but there's always a nagging feeling that a simple handgun could drop most of these people quite easily.

3. I believe the history of Kun Lun will be told through both Danny and Colleen's back stories.

4. I'm hoping Typhoid Mary is kind of a Psylocke-type villain with mutant powers amplifying her already deadly assassin skills. That should give the team plenty to handle.

Collen shouldn't have the power. Period. Full stop. end of discussion. That's my issue with it. I have no issue with Danny harnessing the chi with his guns at the end. I have an issue with the lame SJW pretender.

didn't danny stop bullets with the fist in S1?

my comment about kun lun was because it disappears at the end of S1 and at no point do they seem to go find it. I'd like them to wrap that up before moving onto other things.

that version of Mary could def be a lot of fun to play with.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collen shouldn't have the power. Period. Full stop. end of discussion. That's my issue with it. I have no issue with Danny harnessing the chi with his guns at the end. I have an issue with the lame SJW pretender.

I believe the show was trying to tell us that Danny wasn't ready to be the IF. And as far as having a backup, Colleen was ready and had the mentality to see it through. Danny might be the better fighter in body, but his mind and spirit were broken. He knew that Colleen could handle the mantle, so that allows him to pursue his own backstory. I mean, I'm watching this show for entertainment purposes. While some shows might align directly with the comics, I don't mind taking some liberties here and there with the material. It worked for me.

The chi that Danny harnessed with the guns might not have been his. It may have been infused into the guns by somebody else.

You are correct, he did stop a bullet with his fist. While not exactly the right comparison, Wonder Woman uses her bracers to deflect bullets, but in the movie she really uses her shield for better protection against multiple guns. Will be curious to see where they take this.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an issue with the lame SJW pretender.

Is there a more over-used lazy cliche in online writing today?

Anyone I disagree with = SJW

Me? A speaker of truth!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the show was trying to tell us that Danny wasn't ready to be the IF. And as far as having a backup, Colleen was ready and had the mentality to see it through. Danny might be the better fighter in body, but his mind and spirit were broken. He knew that Colleen could handle the mantle, so that allows him to pursue his own backstory. I mean, I'm watching this show for entertainment purposes. While some shows might align directly with the comics, I don't mind taking some liberties here and there with the material. It worked for me.

The chi that Danny harnessed with the guns might not have been his. It may have been infused into the guns by somebody else.

You are correct, he did stop a bullet with his fist. While not exactly the right comparison, Wonder Woman uses her bracers to deflect bullets, but in the movie she really uses her shield for better protection against multiple guns. Will be curious to see where they take this.

Question:

What kind of hero let’s his girl friend take a role that she doesn’t know how to get and if she performs the ritual wrong she can die??

To me that sounds like a coward. And that’s the problem. Not that Colleen became the IF but how it was forced into the storyline.

It seemed like the writers were like,” we were blasted for not having an Asian IF, let’s force it into the story!!!”

I have no problem with her becoming IF, they just had to write it in better

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a more over-used lazy cliche in online writing today?

Anyone I disagree with = SJW

Me? A speaker of truth!

Yes there is. Try anything with trump. Or pretty much any time a liberal calls someone an ist or a nazi.

That was an easy one. Got any harder questions?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is. Try anything with trump. Or pretty much any time a liberal calls someone an ist or a nazi.

That was an easy one. Got any harder questions?

Heh, well on this website, you're only outpacing them by about a 10 to 1 clip.