• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iron Fist

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with the system.

now that everyone sees how good netflix and hulu are doing, they're going to start taking them off and doing their own streaming service.

The end result will be weaker content on all services. Most people are not going to pay for every service, so they will now pick the best of all the bad options. Nobody wins this, not even Disney.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end result will be weaker content on all services. Most people are not going to pay for every service, so they will now pick the best of all the bad options. Nobody wins this, not even Disney.

yeah, recurring revenue is great, but Disney probably could've done better just getting their content sold like it is now, maybe raising their rate.

Because staffing a whole new venture will cut into their profits for sure.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just seeing the evolution of “TV” before our very eyes. Cable companies are dying in favor of alacarte streaming services. In 10 years (or whatever) the proper balance will be found and I suspect the Netflix’s and Hulu’s of the innerwebz will win out. The $11 a month Hulu will not survive, though. It will be closer to a $50 or $60 a month fee. But they will be the new cable companies.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just seeing the evolution of “TV” before our very eyes. Cable companies are dying in favor of alacarte streaming services. In 10 years (or whatever) the proper balance will be found and I suspect the Netflix’s and Hulu’s of the innerwebz will win out. The $11 a month Hulu will not survive, though. It will be closer to a $50 or $60 a month fee. But they will be the new cable companies.

As long as hey grandfather people in im good with that. Lol

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want a pony too?
jRVIShO.jpg

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eventually, streaming services are going to become the new channels/networks and internet providers are going to become the new satellite/cable companies, competing to provide the best package of streaming services at the best price.

Ultimately, I do not think the content will be any better or worse than it is now, but the transition period may be pretty rough.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been rewatching all the NF MCU stuff over the last few weeks. Doing IF1 now.

I just watched the ep where Danny fights the Hand’s version of the Iron Fist (the drunk Shoalin) and Danny made a comment that was kinda shocking…

”A man fights with words when he find his fists lacking.”

Um, WHAT????

What kinda fucked up logic is that?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been rewatching all the NF MCU stuff over the last few weeks. Doing IF1 now.

I just watched the ep where Danny fights the Hand’s version of the Iron Fist (the drunk Shoalin) and Danny made a comment that was kinda shocking…

”A man fights with words when he find his fists lacking.”

Um, WHAT????

What kinda fucked up logic is that?

I don't think this show was as bad as people said (mostly just people who wanted to virtue signal about Danny not being asian....which misses the entire point about the character).

But it wasn't great.

It was crucial to understanding defenders though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this show was as bad as people said (mostly just people who wanted to virtue signal about Danny not being asian....which misses the entire point about the character).

But it wasn't great.

It was crucial to understanding defenders though.
I agree. I am actually kinda enjoying the rewatch. Not a great show, but entertaining.

And yes, the complaints about casting Finn Jones were ignorant at best. The IF character has always been a white American Male. I am unfamiliar with the specifics of the source material, though, so I have no idea if Colleen ever takes the power in the books (I don’t think she did), but giving it to her at the end of S2 seemed a woke cop-out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the rewatch, I actually kinda like Jones’ take better. He is playing Rand as a grown up 10 year old. His outbursts are child-like. His business decisions make 100% sense if you look at them being made by a 10 year old.

I don’t think it was ever an overt focus on the show, but dude was taken out of western society at age 10, losing his parents and stopping his western education. Of course his personality would be stunted at that age. Especially when he is dropped into the hub of western society with little/no preparation.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the rewatch, I actually kinda like Jones’ take better. He is playing Rand as a grown up 10 year old. His outbursts are child-like. His business decisions make 100% sense if you look at them being made by a 10 year old.

I don’t think it was ever an overt focus on the show, but dude was taken out of western society at age 10, losing his parents and stopping his western education. Of course his personality would be stunted at that age. Especially when he is dropped into the hub of western society with little/no preparation.

Exactly.

That’s why I didn’t mind it. It makes perfect sense

It doesn’t mean I like him for it, but I get it and it makes sense to me.

It’s logical