• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting goings on in Mav land

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that that Mavs have just hired a new General Manager. Hopefully, this means the last we'll see of Donnie Nelson who may be even more of a snake than his father. But he'll probably be retained in some fashion. We'll see.

I read a quote the other day where Cuban basically said that all of the basketball decisions were made by the basketball people and he just basically signed off on their moves and he wasn't really happy with how the last couple of seasons have turned out. Don't know what to believe. I've always thought that they didn't re-sign their guys simply because they didn't want to pay the new extreme luxury tax. Now I am having to re-evaluate that stance.

Could be that Donnie has really been in charge (shudder) these last couple of seasons and the very curious moves like trading a 1st for Hernandez and then packaging a good player in Brewer with him for a 2nd just to get him off the roster and save cash was all Donnie's ideas. Plus, trading down in the draft every season has taken its toll forcing the Mavs to continually spend on free agents. Just this season the Mavs had to give up picks and position to get a team to take its 1st round pick from last season. Just bafflingly incompetent.

And now, it seems they have recreated to a large degree Big Nellies GS concept from years gone by which I am not sure why. If big Nellie couldn't get that concept to work in the playoffs then it has no chance of working here. I've always liked Ellis but he has got to be Iverson's, Dantley's and Theus's favorite current player as he is a volume chuckers volume chucker. As currently constructed, this team is going to get wiped out on the boards and on the defensive end. This very well may not even be a .500 team, then again it may be able to score enough that they do well in the regular season but get annihilated in the playoffs yet one more time.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO Rangers!

That ship has sailed for me. You guys totally soured me on them and I loved them. Have only watched a few games this year and they all involved Darvish. Too bad, really. I was heavily invested in that team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ship has sailed for me. You guys totally soured me on them and I loved them. Have only watched a few games this year and they all involved Darvish. Too bad, really. I was heavily invested in that team.

Why what happened? And what do you mean by soured?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie will probably stay as President. No way he leaves, no one else would hire him for a sweet gig to do nothing but be pampered by a billionaire.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why what happened? And what do you mean by soured?

World Series happened and I got called just about every name in the book. Thought you knew.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World Series happened and I got called just about every name in the book. Thought you knew.

I heard a little bit. But I honestly forgot. What happened exactly? Were they to negative?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie will probably stay as President. No way he leaves, no one else would hire him for a sweet gig to do nothing but be pampered by a billionaire.

See, that is what I am unsure about. I always assumed that Cubes was calling all of the shots but I am beginning to think that Cuban gave Donnie the keys to the kingdom the last couple of years.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hambombs I really, really like that GS squad right now. They are going to be so freaking good.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hambombs I really, really like that GS squad right now. They are going to be so freaking good.

So do I! Igoudala is great fit the compliments Curry very well. He does everything. He's a great finisher also along with being a great defender. As much as the nets and Houston are getting hyped, I still think they are better than them

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I! Igoudala is great fit the compliments Curry very well. He does everything. He's a great finisher also along with being a great defender. As much as the nets and Houston are getting hyped, I still think they are better than them

If both Lee and Bogut are healthy this year then that team really has no ceiling. They could be legit contenders. I am watching this Bazemore kid right now on NBA TV and really love him and he isn't even a key guy. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Igoudala, Lee, and Bogut. That is stout.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that is what I am unsure about. I always assumed that Cubes was calling all of the shots but I am beginning to think that Cuban gave Donnie the keys to the kingdom the last couple of years.

that has always been my feeling. Donnie has been pulling the strings

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both Lee and Bogut are healthy this year then that team really has no ceiling. They could be legit contenders. I am watching this Bazemore kid right now on NBA TV and really love him and he isn't even a key guy. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Igoudala, Lee, and Bogut. That is stout.

I'm more worried about Bogut than Lee. Lee will be healthy

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also really like blazmore also probably could be our backup to steph

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Want to let you know that Darvish is Pitching Tonight.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie will stay on, but I think Cuban saw how Houston turned a roster full of pretty good players into a championship contender next year and wanted a fresh set of eyes going forward.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always felt that Cubes lets his basketball people do their thing up until he got enough experience to realize that they don't really know what they are doing. This is what he also did with Nellie. He let him run the show far to long. He really needs to step outside of his own sphere of influence ( the people he has hired ) and get some fresh perspectives.