• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting day of CBB

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Utah beats Duke in MSG
  2. Ohio State knocks off Kentucky in Brooklyn
  3. Seton Hall takes out Wichita in OT
  4. Butler hands Purdue their first L of the season.
  5. Northern Iowa with their 2nd huge win of the season as they beat Iowa State by 2.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is OSU that good or is **** Tuck E that bad?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen UK a ton this year I think they've got real problems. The SEC is better this year than its been in awhile. Vandy, TAMU, Ole Miss are all solid. Florida, UGA, Bama, LSU are all good enough to worry about. UK needs to get tougher in a hurry

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen UK a ton this year I think they've got real problems. The SEC is better this year than its been in awhile. Vandy, TAMU, Ole Miss are all solid. Florida, UGA, Bama, LSU are all good enough to worry about. UK needs to get tougher in a hurry
We have some talent, but we're not there yet. I believe Cal is making a mistake starting 3 guards, though they are all good. I'd start Ulis and Murray, and use Briscoe as sub at 1 and 2. Start Willis at 3. His length and outside shooting would open up the driving lanes. Start AP and Lee, play Humphries and Wynard with instructions to crash the board. Let Skal know, top 5 projection(lol) or not, he's not seeing byte floor again till he pulls his head out of his ass or his nuts drop, whichever comes first

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some talent, but we're not there yet. I believe Cal is making a mistake starting 3 guards, though they are all good. I'd start Ulis and Murray, and use Briscoe as sub at 1 and 2. Start Willis at 3. His length and outside shooting would open up the driving lanes. Start AP and Lee, play Humphries and Wynard with instructions to crash the board. Let Skal know, top 5 projection(lol) or not, he's not seeing byte floor again till he pulls his head out of his ass or his nuts drop, whichever comes first
Lol. I was just talking with my buddy about tgat. I don't get the 3 guard deal when Briscoe can play both spots of the bench and Willis seems like a natural fit in the starting lineup at the 3

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big East with the good wins.

And Gtown being Gtown again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I was just talking with my buddy about tgat. I don't get the 3 guard deal when Briscoe can play both spots of the bench and Willis seems like a natural fit in the starting lineup at the 3
It makes too much sense. Ulis and Murray are dynamite, Briscoe would get plenty of minutes backing up both spots, Willis gives you length and a shooter to open it up, and you have 5 guys to play the 4-5. The 3 guard lineup gets us killed on the boards and allows teams to iso a bigger player against one of the 3. I don't get it

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is talented but very inexperienced (the announcers keep saying they are the 3rd youngest team in D1 this year). They have 1 JR and everyone else is either FR or SO.

They shot well, rebounded and didn't turn the ball over horribly. They defended well for the most part. They hustled like I have not seen all year. When KY got the lead down from the high of 16 to 3 with a few minutes to go, I expected them to fold but they hung in and pulled back out to a lead.

They are getting better and if they play like they did yesterday can compete with anyone in the B1G.

I just don't think they have the maturity to be consistent this year. Next year they should be much better.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is talented but very inexperienced (the announcers keep saying they are the 3rd youngest team in D1 this year). They have 1 JR and everyone else is either FR or SO.

They shot well, rebounded and didn't turn the ball over horribly. They defended well for the most part. They hustled like I have not seen all year. When KY got the lead down from the high of 16 to 3 with a few minutes to go, I expected them to fold but they hung in and pulled back out to a lead.

They are getting better and if they play like they did yesterday can compete with anyone in the B1G.

I just don't think they have the maturity to be consistent this year. Next year they should be much better.

Barring the Uconn disaster, OSU hasn't had trouble scoring.. we've got more capable shooters this year than I can ever remember in the past. The problem continues to be fundamentals and playing in sync with one another. The type of turnovers we're committing is ridiculous. Lucky for us, that UK was doing the same sort of stuff. They look to me like they're having the same issues we're having... just can't quite put it all together. Both teams will get better as the year goes on.. whether or not they're tournament teams is yet to be seen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring the Uconn disaster, OSU hasn't had trouble scoring.. we've got more capable shooters this year than I can ever remember in the past. The problem continues to be fundamentals and playing in sync with one another. The type of turnovers we're committing is ridiculous. Lucky for us, that UK was doing the same sort of stuff. They look to me like they're having the same issues we're having... just can't quite put it all together. Both teams will get better as the year goes on.. whether or not they're tournament teams is yet to be seen.
LOL at whether or not they are tournament teams

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the real problem offensively for UK seems to be that Skal is not very good right now, but continues to play a lion's share of the minutes (or at least it seems). I can agree on the 3 guard thing, but to me, the interior is severely lacking and that points right to Skal. I would play Lee a lot more, and more experience.

They also are not as good as past teams defensively, which also effects their offense as they are not getting into transition nearly as much as in the past.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the real problem offensively for UK seems to be that Skal is not very good right now, but continues to play a lion's share of the minutes (or at least it seems). I can agree on the 3 guard thing, but to me, the interior is severely lacking and that points right to Skal. I would play Lee a lot more, and more experience.

They also are not as good as past teams defensively, which also effects their offense as they are not getting into transition nearly as much as in the past.

Lee did all he could.. fouled out in the process which shouldn't happen. Where was the help? I expected to see more out of skal as well. He may get better, but probably not that much. But this is all part of the process w/a brand new team. As for getting into transition.. both teams are just SO damn clumsy right now!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at whether or not they are tournament teams

How do you look at it any other way? If you aren't aiming for a spot in march, you might as well call it a season.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its somewhere in the middle... As Karl Anthony Towns said this weekend - The the worst thing going for this years team was last years team.

They're soft in the middle and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Skal just isn't playing at a high enough level and our guard play is too streaky.

I think Cal will get it figured out by the end of the year but the Cats simply aren't that good this season.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its somewhere in the middle... As Karl Anthony Towns said this weekend - The the worst thing going for this years team was last years team.

They're soft in the middle and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Skal just isn't playing at a high enough level and our guard play is too streaky.

I think Cal will get it figured out by the end of the year but the Cats simply aren't that good this season.

That is the correct answer. They are just soft down low. you could start 4 bigs and Kentucky would get beat on the boards