• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting article

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize that Carroll was so pro-Zen...makes sense though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali sure left its mark on the man. It was a great read. And you can't argue with the results. Considering how short NFL careers can be for many, it's nice that they are working to teach these guys to keep it positive in all aspects of their lives.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flynn sounds kind of bitter:

Make no mistake, it's not hard to find detractors. QB Matt Flynn, Seattle's big free agent signee a year ago, criticized Carroll's style on his way out the door for Oakland this spring. "The way I look at it, leadership and being that guy is: Don't be someone you're not. Don't be a hoorah guy jumping around and clapping your hands if you're not that guy," Flynn told the Los Angeles Times. "Makes you look desperate. Makes you look silly. That's not me."

That's fine, but if there is a guy who's naturally like that (a leader), who's also smarter and has a better arm then don't wonder why you didn't get the starting job. That hooray guy jumping and clapping almost led us to a monumental comeback at Atlanta, and part of the reason is everyone bought into him.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make no mistake, it's not hard to find detractors. QB Matt Flynn, Seattle's big free agent signee a year ago, criticized Carroll's style on his way out the door for Oakland this spring. "The way I look at it, leadership and being that guy is: Don't be someone you're not. Don't be a hoorah guy jumping around and clapping your hands if you're not that guy," Flynn told the Los Angeles Times. "Makes you look desperate. Makes you look silly. That's not me."

That's fine, but if there is a guy who's naturally like that (a leader), who's also smarter and has a better arm then don't wonder why you didn't get the starting job. That hooray guy jumping and clapping almost led us to a monumental comeback at Atlanta, and part of the reason is everyone bought into him.

I also noticed he sounded a bit unhappy.

On the other hand, maybe one of the reasons that he didn't get the job is because he didn't fully buy into the system. If he thought it was a bit over the top from the start, then maybe that is one of the reasons why Wilson moved ahead of him.

To Flynn's credit, he didn't make any waves. He kept his mouth shut, did his job professionally while he was here, and now he should get his starting QB job. He had better hope that he does not get killed behind that Oakland OL though.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also noticed he sounded a bit unhappy.

On the other hand, maybe one of the reasons that he didn't get the job is because he didn't fully buy into the system. If he thought it was a bit over the top from the start, then maybe that is one of the reasons why Wilson moved ahead of him.

To Flynn's credit, he didn't make any waves. He kept his mouth shut, did his job professionally while he was here, and now he should get his starting QB job. He had better hope that he does not get killed behind that Oakland OL though.

He just did an interview and he was actually pretty positive about it (said that he knew it was a competition and the Seahawks made the right choice for them) so I kind of feel bad for harping on him. But he didn't have a chance as far as leadership goes. You have one guy who was team captain last year for a major college program vs. another who had sat behind one of the biggest names in the NFL for 4 years. Even if he was a natural leader that would have been beaten down from living in Rodgers shadow for so long. I hope he does well with the Raiders though. I remember at the end of the Falcons game he seemed to be consoling Wilson and the vibe I got is he was telling him that he did everything humanly possible to win that game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are always looking to get an edge over the rest of the teams in the league and this is just the way the Seahawks have chosen to try to do it, but it's a bit unconventional, so to get the entire team to buy into it, Carroll and his staff had to get the team leaders/most respected players to buy into it first. Once they're on board, it's a lot easier to get everyone else on board. Of course, now that it's out there and people have seen these methods get results, other teams will look to implement aspects of what the Hawks are doing with their own teams.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the first day of meetings in 2010, Carroll asked players to stand up and choose a new seat, to take a fresh perspective as they started a new season. "One guy in the back of the auditorium didn't switch seats," says Matt Hasselbeck, the Seahawks' starting quarterback that year. "He was a big-money guy, a starter. And he was gone a week later. Pete didn't care about the seats. He just wants to know who's with him."

Bye Bye TJ Housh.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any player with that attitude will not be playing for a PC coached team.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, whatever works as long as we win.

There's this coach with hands loaded with rings. They call him the Zen Master ; )

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the first day of meetings in 2010, Carroll asked players to stand up and choose a new seat, to take a fresh perspective as they started a new season. "One guy in the back of the auditorium didn't switch seats," says Matt Hasselbeck, the Seahawks' starting quarterback that year. "He was a big-money guy, a starter. And he was gone a week later. Pete didn't care about the seats. He just wants to know who's with him."

Bye Bye TJ Housh.

Loved that quote from Matt.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bye Bye TJ Housh.

I was racking my brain trying to remember who that was!