• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Inside LB Battle

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've been reading, this might be the hardest, and most intriguing fight in camp. I guess Wilhoite is running with the first team, and has been solid. I've also read that Moody, Borland and Skove have all been very impressive as well.
This is the battle that I'm going to keep an eye on, especially with Willis getting older.
note: Moody is a special teams standout, and I can see Borland being even better than him on special teams.
I thought Borland would be the starter by now, glad to see everyone pushing the other.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the timetable for Bowman's return? Is he going to back this season at the activation deadline or is he out for the year?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the timetable for Bowman's return? Is he going to back this season at the activation deadline or is he out for the year?

Bowman is due back about midseason. I heard week 9. I think that is a cautious schedule.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if someone steps in and plays well, you could see Bowman out until a few games before playoffs.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if someone steps in and plays well, you could see Bowman out until a few games before playoffs.

I think we'd all love to see this happen. Somebody step up and allow Bowman to sit at least an extra week above and beyond what would be considered a "cautious return" so that he's hitting his peak for a playoff game.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just now heard that the Cards cut Ernie Simms.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier prognosis that I have read stated he could have been ready to play before midseason but the 49ers were being cautious and are waiting till midseason.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Simms is horrible. When the Cowboys don't even keep you there is something wrong. I didn't think he would be good for the Cards either.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So relieved to see Tank Carradine emerge. Takes so much pressure off Bowman.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland, Borland, Borland

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to bring this up because I think they are saving the season

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it depends on what happens in the Seattle game on Thursday. If the Niners lose that one, the playoffs are gone and I would not risk bringing Bowman back.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it depends on what happens in the Seattle game on Thursday. If the Niners lose that one, the playoffs are gone and I would not risk bringing Bowman back.

I disagree. Even if we loose one of the two Seattle games, that could still put us at 10-5 going into the final game at Arizona (this assumes we beat San Diego). Arizona will have a bye and will be resting players, so a very winnable game, and 11-5 will get us into the playoffs as a wildcard. This also assumes that we win one of the two seattle games and I realize you post has us loosing to seattle in San Francisco, so that would mean we win IN Seattle. I know this sounds difficult, but it puts us in "playoff mode" with a couple of weeks left in the regular season, and over the past few years that has paid off big for some teams (i.e. Baltimore and Green Bay in the years they won the superbowl come to mind). Ideally, I would prefer to win the division, but unless Arizona crumbles, that won't happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Even if we loose one of the two Seattle games, that could still put us at 10-5 going into the final game at Arizona (this assumes we beat San Diego). Arizona will have a bye and will be resting players, so a very winnable game, and 11-5 will get us into the playoffs as a wildcard. This also assumes that we win one of the two seattle games and I realize you post has us loosing to seattle in San Francisco, so that would mean we win IN Seattle. I know this sounds difficult, but it puts us in "playoff mode" with a couple of weeks left in the regular season, and over the past few years that has paid off big for some teams (i.e. Baltimore and Green Bay in the years they won the superbowl come to mind). Ideally, I would prefer to win the division, but unless Arizona crumbles, that won't happen.

I agree 1 loss to seattle doesn't hurt that much. We want Arizona to beat Seattle. We can afford 1 more loss. That is the wiggle room we have right now. I do think either Dallas or Lions will fold or even both.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 1 loss to seattle doesn't hurt that much. We want Arizona to beat Seattle. We can afford 1 more loss. That is the wiggle room we have right now. I do think either Dallas or Lions will fold or even both.

I want Seattle to beat AZ twice. I think we can still win the division. AZ can really lose to KC, Seattle twice and us, the hot Rams have a shot as well. We need to win out though. Im sure we sweep Seattle, its SD that Im worried about (trap game).
:hope:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFC playoff picture with six games remaining | CSN Bay Area

seems to me we need GB to 'fold' along with either Dallas or Philadelphia? don't think "fold" will happen to two of these three, so we're in a tough battle just to make the play-offs.

mathematically, we can catch Arizona but IMO this isn't realistic. The reason being they won't lose enough games. They can go 3-3 and still win the West, maybe even 2-4 depending on who they lost too?

bottom line is what the 49ers do, much more than what others do. So obviously this means we have to keep winning and winning.

Prior to the season, I felt Oakland was the trap game, more so if we win the first Seattle game.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Borland is the man. That's about the only good thing I can honestly say about this team right now!