• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insane Trades

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the Kings can't trade the rights to Slava Voynov. Sounds like the Oilers are giving away former 1st overall players in exchange for right shot D-men.

Though I know Lombardi will never have Voynov back in L.A., I can't help but think he may find a back-door way to orchestrate his re-reinstatement to the NHL and then trade that guy. Maybe next summer with all the expansion draft craziness. Highly unlikely, I know.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading places that PK wasn't like, don't know if that's true or if people are trying to justify the deal.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how they spun it to say he wasn't appreciated in Montreal. I wouldn't appreciate a shitty defender either.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2 more years I would MUCH rather have Weber than Subban. Problem is Weber's age, but he is a much better all around hockey player.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber is a much more intimidating presence than Subban is, Subban is a glorified forward. I have watched this guy forever and he is average to suspect in the defensive zone.

How he won the Norris is beyond me, considering the true definition of the trophy although we all know his offensive stats won it for him. They really should just move the guy up because he isn't that good in his end.

Nashville's defense just got way faster, I really like their top 3 of Ekholm, Ellis and Josi who were fleet footed as it was and now adding Subban they just got more dynamic from the back end. The guy may not be great in his end but he is more offensively creative than Weber ever was.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nashville hustled this deal to be honest. Just because Weber's already 31 when the Season starts and has 10 years left at $7.8 Million cap hit. At least Subban is only 27 (Though his cap hit will be bigger at $9mil/year) and will still only be 33 when that Contract ends.

Weber does have a presence to go along with that crazy shot, but Subban is now going to be playing with way better players at every position (Even though Rinne is really good in his own right).

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the contract side, absolutely correct - Nashville got rid of a brutal contract. Should be interesting to see how Montreal handles that Weber contract in a few years, I am sure as he declines as he gets older he will become enemy number one of that fan base.

After 1993, I truly cannot stand that franchise and love it when they flop year after year. It's decisions like this trade that keep making me a happy man.

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge believer in analytics, they are nice and all but they don't tell the truth. It's also easy to pad analytics when the puck is on your stick all the time like it is with Subban, he rushes the puck up and gains entry into the offensive zone (same as Karlsson). These guys aren't "defensemen", more like rovers.

The Kings have been the best possession team 5 years in a row, yet they have the hardest time in hell scoring. Possession is one thing, making something happen with it is another.. When your current Norris Trophy winner says analytics "are garbage" I tend to believe him.

We're just going to disagree on the guy, I don't believe he is good in his own end. Too many decisions like this (2:20):
Last man back, pressure coming, decides to get fancy and D-Wight King steals the puck and scores.

DWIGHT KING dude.

=)~~