• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries In NFL Hurting Quality Of Sport

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to watch bench warmers play

Tony Romo (twice, out for season)
Joe Flacco
Ben Rothlisburger 3 times
Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Drew Brees shoulder
Scandrick
Lance Dunbar
Dez Bryant
Sean Lee concussions
Bears WRs hurt most of season
Amendola
Edelman
Gronkowski
couple of Patriot LBS
Jorde Nelson of Packers
Lacey has been hurt at times
Matt Forte
Bridgewater concussion
Sam Bradford
Nick Foles
Levon Bell
Jimmy Graham

and I'm sure I'm missing others

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries this year are getting out of hand. Nothing to be done about it though - just tough luck this year. I do agree with you that it is hurting the on the field product to a large degree this year. It's exhausting to see so many guys going out with injury every week.

As a Cowboys and Ravens fan, this season has been especially depressing.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should get the Ravens in Dallas next yr. Never have beaten them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, the game is a shell of what it used to be from a physicality standpoint. Fully expecting to see NFL flag football when I hit the nursing home

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson
Terrel Suggs
Percy Harvin
Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Victor Cruz
Maurkice Pouncey
Colin Kaepernick
Marshawn Lynch
Reggie Bush
Steve Smth

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think there is a direct correlation in the drastically reduced practice/pad time and the increase in injuries. When Jimmy was here, we had the most physical practices in the league, and never had anyone hurt during the season. I also think the amount of steroids in the league(at least 80-85% have used at some point in HS or college) is a big factor. When a guy who is supposed to weigh 220 pounds walks around at 290, his tendons and ligaments are still designed to support the 220. And I stand by those %'s. Take a look at a photo of Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston in their playing days and then look at them on their FOX telecast. I think Joe Buck is bigger than Troy lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think there is a direct correlation in the drastically reduced practice/pad time and the increase in injuries. When Jimmy was here, we had the most physical practices in the league, and never had anyone hurt during the season. I also think the amount of steroids in the league(at least 80-85% have used at some point in HS or college) is a big factor. When a guy who is supposed to weigh 220 pounds walks around at 290, his tendons and ligaments are still designed to support the 220. And I stand by those %'s. Take a look at a photo of Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston in their playing days and then look at them on their FOX telecast. I think Joe Buck is bigger than Troy lol

This is true. In 98 I saw Aikman running at Valley Ranch. I'm bad at guessing weight but I would say at least 240. Huge man. Now he looks the same body frame as Buck. / I found it odd one day on The Fox pregame show they were advertising the show 24 and Kefer Sutherland/ Jack Bauer was on there. If you are a 24 fan you know Jack Bauer is the baddest man in the world. He looked like a little kid on set compared to Strahan, Bradshaw, Long. I know that goes against what you are saying but these athletes are already big people , then you add 30 pounds of muscle.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. In 98 I saw Aikman running at Valley Ranch. I'm bad at guessing weight but I would say at least 240. Huge man. Now he looks the same body frame as Buck. / I found it odd one day on The Fox pregame show they were advertising the show 24 and Kefer Sutherland/ Jack Bauer was on there. If you are a 24 fan you know Jack Bauer is the baddest man in the world. He looked like a little kid on set compared to Strahan, Bradshaw, Long. I know that goes against what you are saying but these athletes are already big people , then you add 30 pounds of muscle.
I met Moose once during his playing days at a charity event. I'm about 240, I'd put Moose at 265-270. I'm sure he was bulking, but his shoulders were crazy freaking wide. Now, he looks like a 44 regular lol

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are exceptions to the rules and Moose would be that guy for me.
I think you see a guy that no longer lifts weights and is all about aerobics, yoga and eating right.
could be wrong but DJ has always seemed to be a high character guy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about middle school football? 7-8th grade. The team is really bad and will be outmanned in every game. My boys play basketball and baseball. If they play football, one will likely be the Qb and the other a WR/DB. The thing our high school is known for football, so they are pretty good

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are exceptions to the rules and Moose would be that guy for me.
I think you see a guy that no longer lifts weights and is all about aerobics, yoga and eating right.
could be wrong but DJ has always seemed to be a high character guy
He seemed like a fantastic guy. I'm on the opposite side of the fence than most on juiced athletes. I don't blame any of them. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens may never go to the HOF, but their children will never have to work, and their great grandchildren shouldn't have to worry about college . If the difference for Moose between being a 3 ring Dallas Cowboy who made millions and then as a result of that an announcer who made millions or being a marginal player at Syracuse that ended up making $200K a year as an engineer was taking 20 CC's of something, more power to him IMO. That's if Moose took them, as you said, maybe not

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on the steroid factor and really just working out and getting huge however you do it. These guys are just too big and tight. As David Wells once said, you can't pull fat...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed like a fantastic guy. I'm on the opposite side of the fence than most on juiced athletes. I don't blame any of them. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens may never go to the HOF, but their children will never have to work, and their great grandchildren shouldn't have to worry about college . If the difference for Moose between being a 3 ring Dallas Cowboy who made millions and then as a result of that an announcer who made millions or being a marginal player at Syracuse that ended up making $200K a year as an engineer was taking 20 CC's of something, more power to him IMO. That's if Moose took them, as you said, maybe not
I don't blame them either. Had the discussion with a friend of mine that played minor league baseball and asked him if he thought taking steroids would have gotten him into the majors would he go back in time and do it and he said absolutely. Heck, I know tons of guys that take steroids to hit a softball further or to look good at the beach. Taking them to become a premier athlete with a matching salary is practically a no-brainer. Plus a lot of Schools became steroid factories. Everyone around you was doing it, so...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on the steroid factor and really just working out and getting huge however you do it. These guys are just too big and tight. As David Wells once said, you can't pull fat...
There is a local kid that had a full ride to a D1 for baseball, and it was rumored he did juice after his JR year. Kid was an all state catcher. I saw him, he did add 30 pounds of muscle. His SR season, he tore a ligament in his elbow, ended up going to Jr College, tore his shoulder and was done. Kid had never been hurt. It's what it is

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame them either. Had the discussion with a friend of mine that played minor league baseball and asked him if he thought taking steroids would have gotten him into the majors would he go back in time and do it and he said absolutely. Heck, I know tons of guys that take steroids to hit a softball further or to look good at the beach. Taking them to become a premier athlete with a matching salary is practically a no-brainer. Plus a lot of Schools became steroid factories. Everyone around you was doing it, so...
Exactly, and it's not just the money you'd make as a pro. Say you are a HS LB and you're 6'1" 210, running 4.8 and benching 300. That might get you a shot at a Juco. If that same kid were 6'1" 235; 4.6 forty and 375 bench, you might get a full ride to a D1. If that kids only chance at college were a scholarship, and he didn't score 30 on his ACT, the difference there might be a 2 year degree from Kilgore JC or a 4 year degree from TCU. That's likely more than a million in earnings over his lifetime from whatever career he chooses. I have two college age boys, thankfully neither have done steroids, but it's hard to blame the kids that have